That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision with respect to grants to local or police authorities, rating, changing the area, status and functions
of local authorities, and other matters, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (a) the expenses of the Minister of Housing and Local Government incurred in paying general grants under the said Act,
- (b) any increase attributable to the said Act in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament under Part I of the Local Government Act, 1948, or under the Local Government (Financial Provisions) (Scotland) Act, 1954, as amended by the Valuation and Rating (Scotland) Act, 1956,
- (c) any expenses of the Minister of Health incurred in the exercise of default powers conferred by the said Act of the present Session,
- (d) the expenses of any Minister incurred under the said Act in the payment of compensation for loss of employment or diminution of emoluments,
- (e) any administrative expenses incurred under the said Act by any Minister,
- (f) the expenses of the Local Government Commissions established under the said Act, and the salaries, fees and allowances of their members, secretaries, officers and servants.