Fishing Gear (Loss and Damage)

Part of Oral Answers to Questions — Agriculture, Fisheries and Food – in the House of Commons at 12:00 am on 11th April 1957.

Alert me about debates like this

Mr. Amory:

The correct procedure in these cases of civil damage is for the British owner to lodge his claim against the owner of the offending vessel. Reimbursement from public funds is not appropriate and could not be justified. My Department is glad to give what advice and assistance it can in cases of difficulty.