That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the enactments relating to Patents and Designs and to provide for the appointment of an additional puisne judge of the High Court, it is expedient to authorize—
- (1) The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any sums required—
- (a) for making payments to patentees and other persons in respect of the use of inventions and registered designs by or with the authority of a Government department under the provisions of the enactments relating to patents and designs as amended by the said Act of the present Session;
- (b) for making payments in pursuance of any provision of the said Act of the present Session authorising the payment of compensation to applicants for patents who suffer hardship by reason of directions given under the provisions of the said Act for ensuring secrecy in respect of inventions relevant for defence purposes or under section twelve of the Atomic Energy Act, 1946; and
- (c) for the payment of remuneration to scientific advisers appointed to assist the Court or the Appeal Tribunal in pursuance of any provision of the said Act of the present Session.
- (2) The payment out of the Consolidated Fund of the United Kingdom and out of moneys provided by Parliament of sums equal to the amount of any increase in the sums payable under the Supreme Court of Judicature (Consolidation) Act, 1925, out of the said Fund and out of moneys so provided respectively, which may be incurred by reason of the provisions of the said Act of the present Session increasing the maximum number of puisne judges of the High Court."—[Mr. Harold Wilson.]