|Buildings destroyed and site clearance||24,000|
|Heating and electric light and power plant||6,000|
|Shop plant, personal tools, etc.||13,000|
Despite thorough investigation it has been impossible to ascertain the cause of the outbreak. There is no evidence of electrical circuit failure, of electrical overheating, sabotage or spontaneous combustion. A key of the workshop was available, but, unfortunately, valuable time was lost owing to an error in its disposal when the outbreak was discovered, and the firefighters were obliged to break their way into the building. The reports on this fire are still under consideration with a view to the issue of instructions designed to prevent a recurrence of such an outbreak.