Officers (Reversion to Unemployment).

Oral Answers to Questions — British Army. – in the House of Commons on 17th February 1942.

Alert me about debates like this

Mr. Graham White:

asked the Secretary of State for War whether he will arrange for the Ministry of National Service to be notified of the qualifications of all officers reverting to unemployment, in order that they may be informed of opportunities of further National Service, if possible, before they leave the Army?

Photo of Mr David Margesson Mr David Margesson , Rugby

When it is decided to revert an officer to unemployment he is advised to get in touch with the Central Register or the Supplementary Register of the Ministry of Labour and National Service in order that he may obtain information as to the opportunities for further National Service. It has been decided, however, to arrange that in future full particulars of all officers who are relegated to unemployment or relinquish their commissions stall be notified to the Ministry of Labour and National Service.