The following arrangements have been made, and I would ask hon. Members to co-operate as closely as possible with the authorities of the House in securing their observance
- 1. A Member may, if necessary, use one voucher for the single journey to his constituency immediately after the Dissolution. (Where, of course, a Member holds the return half of a ticket entitling him to return to his constituency, the use of a further voucher will not be necessary.)
- 2. A Member will retain possession of his current book of vouchers, and will be at liberty to commence using them, as before, immediately on re-election.
- 3. A Member will not use any vouchers during the period between the use of the special voucher under No. 1 above and his re-election.
- 4. A Member defeated at the poll will return his book of vouchers immediately after the declaration of the poll.
- 5. A Member in possession of a book of vouchers, and not seeking reelection, may retain one voucher for use as under I above, and will return the remainder of his hook to the Fees Office.
- 6. A Member will be asked to reimburse the amount of any fares covered by vouchers the use of which is not in accordance with the above provisions.