Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Thursday, 22 January 1976
The House met at hall-past Two o'clock
[Mr. SPEAKER in the Chair]
1. Mr. Michael Latham asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland whether he will make a further statement on the security situation.
3. Mr. Gow asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland how many secondary schools in Northern Ireland have a selective entry; and whether he will make a statement about Government policy...
6. Mr. Hooley asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what contingency plans are being worked out for the phased withdrawal of military forces from Northern Ireland in the context of a...
8. Mr. Molyneaux asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what investigations he has undertaken with a view to ascertaining how the responsibilities of local authorities in Northern...
9. Mr. Stonehouse asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will make it his policy to consider the repartition of Northern Ireland.
Mr. Farr asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will make a statement on the reconvening of the Northern Ireland Convention.
12. Mr. Nicholas Winterton asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will now increase the military presence and security on the border between Ulster and Eire, particularly in the...
Ql. Mr. Canavan asked the Prime Minister if he will list his public engagements for 22nd January.
Q2. Mr. David Steel asked the Prime Minister when he next intends to visit Scotland.
Q3. Mr. Newens asked the Prime Minister when he next expects to meet President Ford.
Q4. Mr. Greville Janner asked the Prime Minister when he next proposes to meet the TUC.
Mr. Fitt (by Private Notice) asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland whether he will make a statement about the disclosure of official information from a Department for which he is...
May I ask the Leader of the House whether he will state the business for next week?
Members successful in the Ballot were:Mr. Stanley Newens.Mr. Ray Carter.Mr. Brian Sedgemore.
Ordered, That the Post Office (Rateable Values) Order 1976 be referred to a Standing Committee on Statutory Instruments, etc.—[Mr. Edward Short.]
[5TH ALLOTTED DAY]—considered.
Motion made, and Question put forthwith pursuant to Standing Order No. 73A (Standing Committee on Statutory Instruments, &c.),
That the Horticulture (Apple and Pear Growers) (Special Payments) (Variation) Scheme 1975 (S.I., 1975, No. 1999), a copy of which was laid before this House on 11th December, be...
That this House takes note of Commission Document No. R/2627/75 relating to the Overall Concept for the Next Multi-Annual Research Programme of the Joint Research Centre.—[Mr. Shape.]
Motion made, and Question proposed. That this House do now adjourn.—[Mr. Shape.]
Debates in the House of Commons are an opportunity for MPs from all parties to scrutinise government legislation and raise important local, national or topical issues.
And sometimes to shout at each other.