Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- International Development: Democratic Republic of Congo answered 1 September 2014
Nigel Dodds: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what steps she is taking to ensure that UK assistance to the Democratic Republic of Congo is not misused or misappropriated.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Middle East answered 1 September 2014
Stephen Doughty: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assessment his Department has made of recent Israeli actions in Gaza and that country's compliance with international law and its obligations under the Geneva Conventions.
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Bovine Tuberculosis answered 1 September 2014
Anne Main: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs whether she will assess more than six species of wildlife as potential carriers of bovine TB and in relation to tackling that disease.
- Electoral Commission Committee: Electoral Systems answered 1 September 2014
Chris Ruane: To ask the hon. Member for South West Devon, representing the Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission, what proportion of the public were (a) satisfied and (b) dissatisfied with the process of voting in Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the most recent year for which data is available.
- Business, Innovation and Skills: New Businesses: Westmorland answered 1 September 2014
Tim Farron: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills how many new businesses (a) have been registered in Westmorland and Lonsdale constituency since 2010 and (b) were registered between 2005 and 2010.
Some recent written ministerial statements
- Defence: Recruit Trainee Survey 1 September 2014
- Julian Brazier: Today I am publishing the 2013 recruit trainee survey annual report. All recruits and trainees passing through phase 1 and 2 training are offered the opportunity to participate in the survey...
- Communities and Local Government: Summer Recess (DCLG Work) 1 September 2014
- Eric Pickles: I would like to update hon. Members on the main items of business undertaken by my Department since the House rose for the summer recess. Helping people move up and up the housing ladder As part...
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Tunisia and Lebanon (Participation in Union Programmes) 1 September 2014
- Tobias Ellwood: I wish to inform the House that the Government have opted in to the following measures: (i) Proposal for a Council decision on the signing and provisional application, on behalf of the Union, of...
- Home Department: UK Criminal Records (Interoperability) 1 September 2014
- James Brokenshire: Today we have completed work to connect Northern Ireland criminal records to those of the rest of the UK. For the first time, this will provide interoperability through an automated link between...
- Transport: Parliamentary Written Answer (Correction) 1 September 2014
- Claire Perry: I regret to inform the House that there was an inaccuracy in the answer given by the then Under-Secretary of State for Transport, my hon. Friend the Member for Wimbledon (Stephen Hammond) to...
- Transport: Transport Infrastructure (Network Rail) 1 September 2014
- Patrick McLoughlin: In December 2013, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) announced that, due to a change in European reporting rules, Network Rail Ltd with all of its subsidiaries would be reclassified as a...
- Defence: Armed Forces Pay Review Body (Appointments) 1 September 2014
- Michael Fallon: I am pleased to announce that I have appointed Professor Kenneth Mayhew and Rear Admiral (Ret’d) Jonathan Westbrook as members of the armed forces pay review body. The appointments will...
- Justice: Guardianship of Property and Affairs of Missing Persons 1 September 2014
- Shailesh Vara: On 8 April 2014, I made a written ministerial statement reporting the statement of the same date made by my noble Friend, the Minister for civil justice and legal policy, Lord Faulks QC,...