Northern Ireland: Recognition Payments
House of Lords

Photo of Lord Browne of Belmont

Lord Browne of Belmont (DUP)

To ask Her Majesty's Government how much they expect to give in recognition payments to (a) former part-time Royal Irish Regiment Soldiers, and (b) former full-time officers in the Royal Ulster Constabulary; and how much in total they will deduct from those payments in income tax and national insurance contributions.

Photo of Lord Shutt of Greetland

Lord Shutt of Greetland (Liberal Democrat)

Former members of the Royal Irish Regiment were given one-off ex gratia payments in 2006. I should advise the noble Lord that payments to former full-time RUC officers are a matter for the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Department of Justice.


No annotations

Sign in or join to post a public annotation.