Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Department of Health: Medicine: Education answered 28 October 2014
David Simpson: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to increase the number of places for medical students to undertake training in cardiac units.
- Department of Health: Cervical Cancer answered 29 October 2014
John Baron: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what his policy is on the retention of cervical cancer indicators in the Quality and Outcomes Framework.
- House of Lords: Mental Health Services: Children answered 24 October 2014
Lord Ouseley: To ask Her Majesty’s Government why waiting times for children referred to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services have increased; and what action they will take to reduce waiting times.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Tourism answered 24 October 2014
Harriet Harman: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what estimate he has made of the amount spent by local authorities on tourism development and promotion in each year since 2010; and what his estimate is of the amount that will be so spent in 2014-15.
- House of Lords: Libya answered 23 October 2014
the Marquess of Lothian: To ask Her Majesty’s Government when the last ministerial visit to Libya took place; and what plans they have for future visits.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Bovine Tuberculosis: South West answered 23 October 2014
Maria Eagle: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how long after the start of the badger culls in (a) Gloucestershire and (b) Somerset cage trapping was adopted as a method of culling.
- Department of Health: Prescription Drugs answered 23 October 2014
Nicholas Dakin: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if his Department will commission a review of the innovation, evaluation and adoption of new medicines in the NHS; and if he will make a statement.
- Home Office: Islamic State answered 24 October 2014
Andrew Rosindell: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate she has made of the number of prospective terrorist attacks in the UK with links to Islamic State which have been prevented in the last 12 months.
- Home Office: National Fraud Intelligence Bureau answered 30 October 2014
Julie Hilling: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many permanent members of staff were employed by the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau in (a) 2012-13 and (b) 2013-14.
- Women and Equalities: Females: Public Appointments answered 28 October 2014
Anne McIntosh: To ask the Ministers for Women and Equalities, what recent representations she has received on the role of women in public life; and if she will make a statement.
- Department of Health: Radiotherapy answered 30 October 2014
John Baron: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what the final sign-off date is for two cyclotron-based proton beam radiotherapy machines at (a) University College Hospital, London and (b) the Christie Hospital, Manchester.
- Ministry of Justice: Courts: Clwyd answered 30 October 2014
Chris Ruane: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what progress has been made on the closure of courts in the Vale of Clwyd; and what assessment he has made of the effect of such closures on staff numbers and levels of service.
- Ministry of Defence: Armed Forces: Mortgages answered 30 October 2014
Kevan Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many applications there have been to the Armed Forces' Help to Buy scheme since it was launched in April 2014; and how many applicants to that scheme have successfully secured mortgages through the scheme.
- Cabinet Office: Minimum Wage: Brigg answered 30 October 2014
Andrew Percy: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, how many (a) full-time and (b) part-time employees in Brigg and Goole constituency were paid the minimum wage in the last year for which figures are available.
- Ministry of Defence: Sentinel Aircraft answered 24 October 2014
Kevan Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, whether his Department expects to sign the contract for the life-extension of the Sentinel aircraft.
- Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission: Identity Cards answered 30 October 2014
Chris Ruane: To ask the hon. Member for South West Devon, representing the Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission, pursuant to the Answer of 11 September 2014 to Question 206672, what discussions the Commission has had with Liberty on the Electoral Commission's proposals to introduce electoral identity cards.
- Ministry of Defence: Armed Forces: Compensation answered 28 October 2014
Mark Williams: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, where his Department has found delays in the processing of injured veteran's claims in the War Pension and Armed Forces Compensation Scheme claim process.
- Home Office: Telecommunications: Court Orders answered 28 October 2014
Paul Flynn: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many production orders to access stored electronic communications have been invoked by each UK police force in each year since May 2010; and what the prosecution rate is following the invoking of such production orders.
- Department for Transport: Highways Agency answered 27 October 2014
Ian Lavery: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, whether the wage restrictions and policies which apply to the Civil Service will apply to the Highways Agency following its transfer to a Government owned company.
- Department for Transport: Motorcycles: Noise answered 23 October 2014
Eric Ollerenshaw: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will bring forward measures to deal with excessive exhaust noise from motorcycles through the MOT test.