Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Department of Health: NHS: Private Sector answered 25 March 2015
Baroness Wheeler: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is the average profit margin projected by private sector providers in contracts for NHS-funded services; and what is the average margin of profits actually made.
- Ministry of Justice: Alcoholic Drinks and Drugs: Crime answered 25 March 2015
Lord Roberts of Llandudno: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many people in each police authority were convicted of alcohol and drug offences in each of the last four years; and what are those figures as a percentage of the population in each police authority area.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Mobile Phones answered 26 March 2015
Lord Berkeley: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what compulsory purchase rights mobile telephone companies have to enable them to erect or maintain their transmitters and other equipment.
- Department for Transport: Advertising answered 19 March 2015
Chris Ruane: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how much his Department spent on (a) television advertising, (b) radio advertising, (c) national newspaper advertisements, (d) local newspaper advertisements, (e) social media advertising and (f) other types of advertising in each year since 2010.
- Ministry of Justice: Burglary answered 23 March 2015
Philip Davies: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, at which courts people with 15 or more previous convictions were not sent to prison on conviction for burglary in the latest period for which figures are available.
- Department of Health: Patients: Safety answered 26 March 2015
Debbie Abrahams: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of the abolition of the Patient Safety Agency and the transfer of its responsibility for the National Reporting and Learning System to NHS England on the number of patient safety alerts issued between June 2012 and December 2013.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Easter answered 24 March 2015
Greg Knight: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, if he will bring into force the provision contained in the Easter Act 1928 to fix the date of Easter; and if he will make a statement.
- Department of Health: NHS Foundation Trusts answered 25 March 2015
Andrew Gwynne: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many staffing reviews of NHS foundation trusts Monitor has undertaken in each of the last five years.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Gripen Aircraft: Argentina answered 25 March 2015
Lord Temple-Morris: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they will take to ensure that United Kingdom technology incorporated in Gripen aircraft is not made available to Argentina.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Domestic Visits answered 23 March 2015
Andy Sawford: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, which parliamentary constituencies he has visited in an official capacity in 2014.
- Department for International Development: Developing Countries: Education answered 26 March 2015
Matthew Offord: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps her Department is taking to ensure that a long-term, strategic approach is taken to funding of her Department's education projects.
- Department of Health: Cystic Fibrosis answered 26 March 2015
Kate Green: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make an assessment of the implications for the NHS of the paper by Stephenson et al, A contemporary survival analysis of individuals with cystic fibrosis, published in the European Respiratory Journal, Volume 45, March 2015; and what steps he is taking to ensure that the NHS is adequately resourced to cope with an increase in cystic fibrosis patients over the next 10 years.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Local Plans answered 24 March 2015
Marcus Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he will take steps to assist local residents to produce a local plan in areas where no such plan has been produced by the local authority.
- Department of Health: Innovative Medicines and Medical Technology Review answered 24 March 2015
Neil Parish: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what progress the Government is making in implementing the recommendations in his Department's Innovative Medicines Review.
- Home Office: Members: Correspondence answered 26 March 2015
Gerald Kaufman: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when she intends to reply to the letter to her dated 19 February 2015 from the right hon. Member for Manchester Gorton with regards to Mr J Holloway.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Internet answered 19 March 2015
Adam Afriyie: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, when he expects all internet connection speeds to be 2Mbps or more in (a) Windsor constituency, (b) South-East England and (c) the UK.
- Leader of the House of Lords: Written Questions answered 24 March 2015
Lord Jopling: To ask the Leader of the House what discussions she has had with HM Treasury in the light of 12 of the 15 Written Questions awaiting answer on 11 March for more than the target 10 working days being to HM Treasury.
- Department for Transport: Motorway Service Areas answered 19 March 2015
Rob Flello: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, pursuant to the Answer of 26 November 2014 to Question 215438, and with reference to the speech of 4 February 2015 to CPRE and the Campaign for Better Transport by the Minister of State in his Department, what steps the Government is taking to work with local authorities and the private sector to improve service stations.
- Department of Health: Neuromuscular Disorders: North East answered 24 March 2015
Mary Glindon: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans his Department has to provide specialist clinical psychology support to patients with neuromuscular conditions attending neuromuscular specialist centres in the north east.
- Department of Health: Aspirin answered 25 March 2015
Jim Shannon: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what discussions he has had with the Royal Colleges and the British Medical Association about steps to reduce excessive usage of aspirin leading to internal bleeding or strokes.