Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Occupied Territories answered 22 July 2014
Jeremy Corbyn: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what steps his Department has taken to discourage the continued construction of illegal Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories since the beginning of Israel's current military action in Gaza.
- Communities and Local Government: Fire Services: Pensions answered 22 July 2014
Lyn Brown: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
(1) what estimate he has made of the annual administrative costs of the firefighters pension scheme 1992 and the new firefighters pension scheme 2006;
(2) what estimate he has made of the administration costs of the proposed 2015 firefighters’ pension scheme.
- House of Lords: World War II: Military Decorations answered 29 July 2014
Lord West of Spithead: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many Arctic Stars have been presented since 1 October 2013, and how many claims for that award are outstanding.
- House of Lords: Parades: Northern Ireland answered 23 July 2014
Lord Laird: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, following the Northern Ireland Parades Commission determination about a parade on 6 July in which the bands were required to play only respectful hymns, whether they will ask that Commission to indicate what hymns it considers respectful; and whether they will ask the Parades Commission to review its communication with parade organisers to ensure its rulings are fully understood.
- House of Lords: Afghanistan answered 23 July 2014
Baroness Kinnock of Holyhead: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what provision will be made for sponsored female Afghan civil society members directly to influence the communiqué of the Afghanistan Development Conference to be co-hosted by the United Kingdom in November.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Land answered 22 July 2014
Heidi Alexander: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs how much land his Department has released for the purpose of building new homes since May 2010.
- Treasury: Local Government: Wales answered 22 July 2014
Jonathan Edwards: To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what progress has been made in applying aspects of the City Deal in Wales, in accordance with the undertaking given in paragraph 1.236 of the autumn statement 2013.
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Poultry answered 22 July 2014
Huw Irranca-Davies: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what the Government's position is in the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership negotiations on poultry treated with hyper-chlorinated water entering the UK food chain; and if she will make a statement.
- Justice: Legal Aid Scheme answered 22 July 2014
Chris Bryant: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice if he will estimate the cost to the public purse of extending entitlement to (a) legal aid and (b) remission from court costs to all claimants of universal credit once universal credit has been fully rolled out.
- Home Department: HM Passport Office answered 22 July 2014
David Hanson: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how much HM Passport Office has spent on couriers to deliver passports in each month since January 2013.
- Home Department: Offences Against Children: Internet answered 22 July 2014
Diana Johnson: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many of the people identified to date by the National Crime Agency investigation into online child abuse had previously worked in regulated activity.
- Work and Pensions: Public Expenditure answered 22 July 2014
Chris Bryant: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how much his Department spent on (a) accommodation, (b) taxis or private cars and (c) alcoholic beverages in (i) 2010-11, (ii) 2011-12 and (iii) 2012-13.
- House of Lords: Parades Commission answered 23 July 2014
Lord Laird: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Randerson on 14 July (WA 100), whether it is now their policy to answer Questions for Written Answer by reference to websites, and if so why; and whether they will arrange for the information requested to be published in the Official Report.
- Home Department: Animal Experiments answered 22 July 2014
Andrew Rosindell: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what plans she has to bring forward legislative proposals to ban the testing of household products on animals.
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Nature Conservation answered 22 July 2014
Jim Shannon: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what steps she is taking to maintain the natural balance of numbers of birds of prey, foxes, magpies, grey-back crows and badgers.
- House of Lords: Health Services answered 29 July 2014
Baroness Masham of Ilton: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the impacts on costs and patient outcomes of the use of out-of-hospital urgent care providers.
- House of Lords: Borders: Personal Records answered 23 July 2014
Lord Marlesford: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Taylor of Holbeach on 15 July (WA 111), on what date the contract with Raytheon Systems Limited for the e-Borders system was terminated and what had been the total cost of the system to public funds up to that date; and when the binding arbitration proceedings on that contract were initiated and when they are expected to be completed.
- House of Lords: Prisoners: Death answered 28 July 2014
Lord Knight of Weymouth: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many prisoners have died in custody in the United Kingdom in each of the last 10 years; and what the percentage change has been year on year for the same period.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many prisoners have committed suicide in custody in the United Kingdom in each of the last 10 years; and what the percentage change has been year on year for the same period.
- Education: Languages: Education answered 22 July 2014
Simon Kirby: To ask the Secretary of State for Education what steps she is taking to encourage the study of foreign languages in (a) primary and (b) secondary schools; and if she will make a statement.
- Defence: Disclosure of Information answered 22 July 2014
Kevan Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence with reference to the answer of 14 November 2011, Official Report, column 526W, on disclosure of information, if he will publish the findings of the inquiry into the unauthorised disclosure of the letter between the former Secretary of State and the Prime Minister which appeared in the Daily Telegraph on 28 September 2010.