Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- House of Lords: Electoral Register answered 22 January 2015
Lord Roberts of Llandudno: To ask Her Majesty’s Government on what date they expect to be able to invite (1) local authorities, and (2) national organisations, to apply for (a) funding to boost voter registration, and (b) funding for wider voter registration activities.
- Department of Health: Circle answered 20 January 2015
Paul Flynn: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will remove Circle UK from his list of preferred partners to run NHS trusts.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Science: Finance answered 23 January 2015
Roger Williams: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what assessment his Department has made of the potential contribution to the economy of the investment in science announced in the Autumn Statement 2014; and what steps he plans to take to maximise that contribution.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Science: Education answered 20 January 2015
Dominic Raab: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, how many students are studying STEM subjects at UK universities in the 2014-15 academic year; and if he will estimate the number of such students in each of the next five academic years.
- House of Lords: Holiday Accommodation: Greater London answered 21 January 2015
Baroness Gardner of Parkes: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon on 7 January (HL3614, HL3615, and HL3616), whether they will now answer question HL3615.
- Ministry of Defence: Military Decorations answered 22 January 2015
Hugh Robertson: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 15 January 2015 to Question 220486, how Royal Navy and Army personnel who served with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees detachment in Sarajevo can claim the UN Special Service Medal.
- Cabinet Office: Staff answered 19 January 2015
Pamela Nash: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, how much 10 Downing Street spent on (a) recruitment agency fees, (b) outplacement agency fees for displaced or redundant staff and (c) staff training in each of the last five years.
- Home Office: Asylum answered 22 January 2015
Sarah Teather: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many fresh applications for asylum have been (a) made and (b) accepted, in each of the last five years.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Broadband answered 16 January 2015
Chris Bryant: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what work his Department has done with local authorities in County Durham, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Essex and Wokingham to identify, in relation to the broadband rollout, (a) alternative solutions, (b) joint working and fair capital contributions from suppliers and (c) other opportunities to promote competition and value for money.
- Home Office: Animal Experiments answered 22 January 2015
Richard Burden: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps she is taking to protect the well-being of animals once they have outlived their use in laboratories.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Russia answered 20 January 2015
Tim Farron: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent representations he has made to the Russian government about (a) human rights in general and (b) LGBT rights in that country.
- Ministry of Justice: Courts: Fines answered 19 January 2015
Andy Slaughter: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, pursuant to the Answer of 13 January 2015 to Question 217822, what the total value was of outstanding financial impositions in each local criminal justice board area at the end of (a) 2009-10, (b) 2010-11, (c) 2011-12 and (d) 2012-13.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Usa answered 22 January 2015
Tim Farron: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent discussions he has had with his counterparts in the US administration on strengthening diplomatic ties between the US and UK.
- Ministry of Justice: Civil Disorder: Greater London answered 22 January 2015
Philip Davies: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many and what proportion of offenders given custodial sentences for offences committed during the public disorder in London in August 2011 were given terms of imprisonment of 12 months or less.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: White Fish: Conservation answered 21 January 2015
George Hollingbery: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what discussions she has had with the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea since the EU Agriculture and Fisheries Council meeting on 15 December 2014; and if she will make a statement.
- House of Lords: Housing: Construction answered 21 January 2015
Lord Kirkwood of Kirkhope: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many new homes in the owner-occupied, private rented and social rented sector have been constructed in each of the last 20 years.
- Department for Transport: Northern Rail answered 22 January 2015
John Pugh: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what assessment he has made of plans to continue the use of Pacer trains on the Northern franchise.
- Department for Transport: Schools: Parking answered 22 January 2015
Mark Pawsey: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps his Department is taking to tackle parking near schools.
- Ministry of Justice: Prisons: Drugs answered 20 January 2015
Toby Perkins: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many mandatory drug tests have been performed in each prison in each quarter since 2006.
- Home Office: Criminal Investigation: Cyprus answered 23 January 2015
Adrian Bailey: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what arrangements are in place for UK police forces to investigate criminal suspects in Northern Cyprus.