Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Ministry of Defence: Afghanistan answered 23 March 2015
Vernon Coaker: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how much the (a) withdrawal from Afghanistan and (b) environmental clean-up in Afghanistan has cost to date; and how much has been spent on each element of each cost.
- Ministry of Justice: Probation: Temporary Employment answered 23 March 2015
Ian Austin: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how much the Probation Service has spent on agency staff in each month of the last five years.
- Department for Transport: Honeybourne Station answered 25 March 2015
Peter Luff: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will take steps to instruct Network Rail to resolve the land ownership issues at Honeybourne railway station.
- Department for International Development: Sudan: South Sudan answered 25 March 2015
Lord Alton of Liverpool: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the answer by Baroness Northover on 4 March (HL Deb, col 215), what steps they are taking with their international partners to prevent the government of Sudan from further destabilising the situation in South Sudan through cross-border interference and interventions; on what evidence they base their assertion that "the government of Sudan themselves are playing a non-obstructive role generally speaking"; and to which non-governmental humanitarian organisations and charities the government of Sudan allows access to provide humanitarian assistance in South Kordofan, Blue Nile and Darfur.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Pay answered 24 March 2015
Jim Murphy: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to the Answer of 15 December 2014 to the hon. Member for Washington and Sunderland West to Question 217417, how many of the 215 people paid less than the living wage employed on two major contracts reside in Scotland.
- Department for Transport: Advertising answered 19 March 2015
Chris Ruane: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how much his Department spent on (a) television advertising, (b) radio advertising, (c) national newspaper advertisements, (d) local newspaper advertisements, (e) social media advertising and (f) other types of advertising in each year since 2010.
- Department of Health: Patients: Safety answered 26 March 2015
Debbie Abrahams: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of the abolition of the Patient Safety Agency and the transfer of its responsibility for the National Reporting and Learning System to NHS England on the number of patient safety alerts issued between June 2012 and December 2013.
- HM Treasury: Taxation: Self-assessment answered 25 March 2015
Chi Onwurah: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, where he plans digital tax accounts will be held; how he plans to protect such accounts against cyber attacks; and what safeguards he plans to put in place for those accounts to protect privacy.
- Ministry of Justice: Freedom of Information answered 25 March 2015
Lord Mawson: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what estimate they have made of the proportion of requests under freedom of information legislation which originate from journalists as opposed to members of the public since that legislation was enacted; and what assessment they have made of the cost to the public purse of the freedom of information scheme to date.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Private Sector: Thames Gateway answered 25 March 2015
Lyn Brown: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what Government support (a) is available and (b) has been provided to secure private sector investment in the Thames Gateway since 2010.
- Department for International Development: Conditions of Employment answered 23 March 2015
Pamela Nash: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how many staff in her Department and its non-departmental public body were engaged off-payroll in each of the last five years up to the most recent period for which figures are available.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Planning Permission answered 26 March 2015
Stephen McCabe: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what assessment he has made of the performance of his Department against targets for the processing of new planning applications.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Mobile Phones answered 25 March 2015
Anne McIntosh: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what recent discussions his Department has had with mobile network operators on complete not-spots in Great Britain not covered by the agreement announced on 18 December 2014.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Social Services answered 25 March 2015
John Denham: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what estimate he has made of spending on adult social care in (a) Dorset, (b) Poole, (c) Bournemouth, (d) Hampshire, (e) Isle of Wight, (f) West Sussex, (g) Bracknell Forest, (h) Reading, (i) Slough, (j) West Berkshire, (k) Windsor and Maidenhead, (l) Wokingham, (m) Oxfordshire, (n) Wiltshire and (o) Swindon local authority areas in each year since 2010.
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Ict answered 23 March 2015
Philip Davies: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, which news applications staff in his Department are authorised to download and use on their work-provided phones and tablets.
- Department of Health: Mental Health Services: Learning Disability answered 26 March 2015
Baroness Hollins: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many people with a learning disability completed talking therapy treatment through the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies programme in 2014–15, in the light of measures implemented by NHS England to improve uptake among that group.
- Ministry of Justice: Property Rights: Appeals answered 25 March 2015
Anne McIntosh: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, on how many occasions appeals involving adverse possession have been brought in the last six months.
- HM Treasury: Self-employed: Tax Avoidance answered 23 March 2015
Pamela Nash: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many IR35 cases brought to tribunal led to (a) prosecution and (b) acquittal in each of the last five years.
- HM Treasury: Fuels: Prices answered 23 March 2015
Margaret Ritchie: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what assessment he has made of recent trends in the relationship between the global price of oil and the cost of petrol in the UK.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Turkey answered 25 March 2015
Lord Patten: To ask Her Majesty’s Government when they last discussed with the government of Turkey the freedom of United Kingdom visitors to practise their religion in that country, and with what result.