Hansard Written Answers and Statements
Some recent written answers
- Home Department: Entry Clearances answered 5 December 2013
Sarah Teather: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many family visit visa applications to the UK there were in the years ending 8 July (a) 2011, (b) 2012 and (c) 2013, by (i) overall number of decisions made, (ii) number of family visit visa grants, (iii) number of family visit visa refusals, (iv) number of family visit visa applications withdrawn and (v) number of family visit visa applications which lapsed.
- House of Lords: Firearms answered 2 December 2013
the Earl of Shrewsbury: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their policy in respect of the carriage of working firearms by members of the public in their personal baggage on commercial flights.
- Electoral Commission Committee: Electoral Registration Officers answered 3 December 2013
Chris Ruane: To ask the hon. Member for South West Devon, representing the Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission pursuant to the Answer of 22 January 2013, Official Report, columns 131-3W, on electoral register, in which local authorities electoral registration officers did not meet performance standard 3 on house-to-house calls for non-registration in (a) 2012 and (b) 2013 to date.
- Defence: Afghanistan answered 2 December 2013
Kevan Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence
(1) what estimate he has made of the cost of additional security measures which were given consideration but not adopted at Camp Bastion before September 2012;
(2) what the annual running cost of providing security at Camp Bastion has been in each year since 2010;
(3) what additional expenditure his Department has incurred on increased security measures at Camp Bastion since September 2012;
(4) what discussions (a) he and (b) Ministers in his Department had with military leaders responsible for security at Camp Bastion on security measures at the base prior to the attack of 14 September 2012;
(5) what changes have been made to the security arrangements at the Camp Bastion base since the attack on the night of 14 September 2012;
(6) how many and what proportion of the guard towers at Camp Bastion were empty on the night of 14 September 2012 immediately prior to the attack on the base;
(7) what internal investigations his Department will be undertaking regarding the actions of British officers responsible for security at Camp Bastion on the attack on the base on the night of 14 September 2012;
(8) how many of the British officers responsible for security at Camp Bastion in September 2012 have since been promoted;
(9) if he will provide details of the current security measures at Camp Bastion.
- House of Lords: Cyclists: Safety answered 2 December 2013
Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how they are promoting the safety of cyclists.
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Charitable Donations answered 5 December 2013
David Blunkett: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what steps his Department is taking to encourage its employees to make tax-free donations direct from their salaries.
- Transport: High Speed 2 Railway Line answered 2 December 2013
Andrew Bridgen: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what discussions have taken place between HS2 Ltd and the Coal Authority on mining subsidence and unreported bell pits along the proposed route of High Speed 2. [R]
- Transport: Offshore Industry answered 2 December 2013
Grahame Morris: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport when he expects the Civil Aviation Authority's (CAA) review of offshore helicopter operations in the North Sea to be published; and whether the CAA have met with (a) ministers, (b) officials and (c) representatives of his Department's executive agencies as part of this review.
- Justice: Prisoners: Death answered 2 December 2013
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many prisoners have died in (a) prisons and (b) young offender institutions during each of the last five years.
- Transport: Rescue Services: Solent answered 2 December 2013
Gordon Marsden: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many staff of Solent Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre have so far signalled intention to transfer to another MRCC upon the Solent centre's closure; how many new staff have been recruited at that centre in the last 12 months; and what the current level of staffing is compared to its risk-assessed level.
- Transport: Flexible Working answered 29 November 2013
Nick Gibb: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many officials in his Department make use of compressed hours arrangements as part of the Civil Service's flexible working hours scheme (a) above and (b) below director level.
- Treasury: Welfare Tax Credits answered 5 December 2013
Lucy Powell: To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer how many households in receipt of child tax credit but not working tax credit have an annual household income for tax credit purposes of between (a) £5,000 and £5,999, (b) £6,000 and £6,999, (c) £7,000 and £7,999, (d) £8,000 and £8,999 and (e) £10,000 and £16,190; and how many (i) children and (ii) two year old children live in each such household.
- House of Lords: Alcohol answered 2 December 2013
Lord Taylor of Warwick: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they have any plans to revise the current NHS alcohol unit guidelines.
- Education: Children in Care answered 3 December 2013
Dan Jarvis: To ask the Secretary of State for Education how many secure children's homes are run by (a) the private sector, (b) the voluntary sector and (c) local authorities.
- Culture Media and Sport: Digital Broadcasting: Radio answered 29 November 2013
John Woodcock: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what proportion of the (a) UK, (b) north west England and (c) Cumbria is covered by DAB radio reception of comparable quality and range to FM coverage.
- Defence: Armed Forces: Civilians answered 2 December 2013
Angus Robertson: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many civilians have completed the condensed Initial Officer Training course; how many such civilians are currently serving in the armed forces; and what roles they have.
- Transport: Railway Stations: Parking answered 2 December 2013
John Denham: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what estimate he has made of the average increase in station car parking charges in each English region since 2009.
- Justice: Victim Support Schemes answered 3 December 2013
Sadiq Khan: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how much funding for victims' services was given to each police force area in (a) 2009-10, (b) 2010-11, (c) 2011-12 and (d) 2012-13; and what the funding will be for each such area from April 2014.
- Health: Prescriptions answered 2 December 2013
Anne McIntosh: To ask the Secretary of State for Health what progress has been made on negotiations between NHS employers and the British Medical Association on the reimbursement system for drugs dispensed by doctors; and when he expects these negotiations to be completed.
- International Development: Burma answered 5 December 2013
Alan Beith: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development which civil society organisations in Burma receive how much funding from her Department.