Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Attorney General: Offences against Children: Internet answered 23 October 2014
Emily Thornberry: To ask the Attorney General, how many requests for pre-charge decisions the Crown Prosecution Service received from the police with regard to cases of downloading indecent images of children in each of the last five years; and how many of those were prosecuted.
- Department of Health: Mental Health Services: Young People answered 28 October 2014
Dan Jarvis: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of waiting times for young people attempting to access child and adolescent mental health services; and if he will publish average national waiting times in each of the years 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- House of Lords: Middle East answered 27 October 2014
Lord Alton of Liverpool: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what discussions they have had with other European Union member states about scaling up the resettlement programme for refugees displaced by fighting in Syria and Iraq;
and what is their policy in regard to applications for asylum from displaced Yezidis and Christians from those countries.
- Ministry of Defence: Defence: Procurement answered 23 October 2014
Peter Luff: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment he has made of the effectiveness of his Department's communication to industry of its future requirements.
- Department for Education: Balaam Wood Academy answered 22 October 2014
Richard Burden: To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what assessment her Department has made of the application for Priority School Building Programme funding by Balaam Wood Academy; and what phase of the programme the Academy is at.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Post Office Card Account answered 28 October 2014
Fiona O'Donnell: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many benefit payments of each type were paid into Post Office card accounts in each of the last five years; and what proportion of such recipients were (a) of working age and (b) retired.
- House of Lords: Terrorism answered 27 October 2014
the Marquess of Lothian: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the security threat to Britain from current ISIL actions in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the threat to the United Kingdom posed by Islamist military action in Nigeria.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the threat to the United Kingdom posed by Islamists across the Sahel.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Employment: Disability answered 24 October 2014
Dan Jarvis: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps he is taking to improve the support available to disabled people in the workplace.
- Home Office: Illegal Immigrants answered 22 October 2014
Frank Field: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what average length of time it currently takes for documentation necessary to return home to be issued to an illegal immigrant found in the UK without such documentation who is from (a) India, (b) Bangladesh, (c) Pakistan, (d) Nigeria and (e) China.
- Ministry of Justice: Prison Service answered 28 October 2014
Elfyn Llwyd: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many Prison Service Reserve Band 4 staff have been employed at each prison establishment in each of the last five years.
- Department for Education: Academies answered 27 October 2014
Liam Byrne: To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what guidance her Department issues on the circumstances in which trust members at academy trusts should be (a) elected and (b) selected; and what the process is in each case.
- Department for Education: Schools: Defibrillators answered 22 October 2014
Andrew Percy: To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what progress she has made on securing a deal with a defibrillator supplier to facilitate the roll-out of defibrillators to schools.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: UK Export Finance answered 27 October 2014
Ann McKechin: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what proportion of successful applicants to the UK Export Finance export insurance scheme have been small to medium sized enterprises in each of the last five years.
- Cabinet Office: Unemployment: Young People answered 24 October 2014
Jonathan Lord: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what estimate he has made of the level of youth unemployment in (a) the UK and (b) Woking constituency in each of the last five years; and if he will make a statement.
- Department of Health: Asthma answered 28 October 2014
Liz Kendall: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many finished hospital admission episodes with a primary diagnosis of asthma there were among people aged (a) under and (b) over 18 in each of the last five years.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Universal Credit answered 27 October 2014
Rachel Reeves: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether the approved July 2011 business case for universal credit referred to on page 32 of his Department's publication, Universal Credit at Work, published in October 2014, was approved by (a) the Major Projects Authority and (b) HM Treasury; and whether that business case was a strategic outline business case or a full business case.
- House of Lords: Cyprus answered 24 October 2014
Lord Maginnis of Drumglass: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether the public support of the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland for the Greek-Cypriot cause reflects the Cabinet’s position in respect of Cyprus; and, if not, what action they intend to take.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Football Association answered 23 October 2014
Bill Wiggin: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, how many meetings his Department has had with the Football Association since July 2011; and if he will make a statement.
- House of Lords: Police: Voluntary Work answered 27 October 2014
Baroness Smith of Basildon: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what estimate they have made of the number of volunteers working alongside the police in each of the last 10 years.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Social Security Benefits: Veterans answered 29 October 2014
Kevan Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many veterans have claimed benefits in each year since 2010.