Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Education: Free Schools answered 11 September 2014
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Education which free schools are currently open; and what the admission number of each school was planned for September 2014.
- Education: Children: Abuse answered 8 September 2014
Alex Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Education what steps her Department is taking in response to research in the NSPCC's report, Returning home from care.
- Home Department: Entry Clearances: Overseas Students answered 8 September 2014
Paul Blomfield: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if she will publish the full Standard Occupational Code groups for all international students employed under the former Tier 1 Post Study Work visa for 2011 referred to in her Department's Impact Assessment, Reform of the Points Based Student System, published on 1 June 2011.
- Health: Viral Haemorrhagic Disease answered 8 September 2014
Jim Shannon: To ask the Secretary of State for Health what steps his Department is taking to prepare contingency plans in the event of an outbreak of the Ebola virus in the UK.
- International Development: Palestinians answered 5 September 2014; 1 annotation
Sarah Champion: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development if she will increase financial aid for Palestine.
- Cabinet Office: Nesta answered 10 September 2014
Lisa Nandy: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office how many meetings he had with Nesta between 2010 and 2012.
- Communities and Local Government: Voluntary Work: Religion answered 10 September 2014
Lyn Brown: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what activities are undertaken by participants in his Department's Together in Service scheme.
- Communities and Local Government: Housing: Greater Manchester answered 8 September 2014
Andrew Gwynne: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what estimate his Department has made of changes in the (a) number and (b) value of houses in (i) Greater Manchester, (ii) the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport and (iii) the Metropolitan Borough of Tameside in each year to 2020.
- Health: Abortion answered 8 September 2014
Jim Shannon: To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many abortions were performed in each of the last two years; and how many took place in each week of gestation.
- Business, Innovation and Skills: Arms Trade: Exports answered 10 September 2014
Nigel Evans: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what estimate he has made of the net benefit to UK defence exports as a result of the recent Farnborough Airshow.
- Education: Free Schools answered 11 September 2014
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Education which Free Schools that had planned to open in September 2014 have had their opening delayed (a) since they were pre-approved and (b) since 1 March 2014.
- International Development: Palestinians answered 10 September 2014
Andrew Smith: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what proportion of the financial contribution to humanitarian aid and reconstruction in Gaza is spent on the purchase of goods and services from Israel.
- Education: Schools: Radicalism answered 10 September 2014
Stephen Doughty: To ask the Secretary of State for Education what recent discussions she has had with the Welsh Government Minister for Education on tackling extremism and radicalisation in schools; and whether she has any plans for a meeting with her counterparts in the devolved Administrations to discuss tackling extremism and radicalisation.
- Business, Innovation and Skills: Textiles answered 5 September 2014
David Ward: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what steps his Department is taking to increase textile manufacturing in the UK.
- Communities and Local Government: Planning Permission answered 5 September 2014
Andrew Bingham: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what guidance his Department gives on the weight that should be given to a neighbourhood or village plan that has been submitted to a planning authority when considering planning applications.
- Education: GCE AS-level answered 8 September 2014
Kelvin Hopkins: To ask the Secretary of State for Education how many and what proportion of students who enrolled in September 2012 to study AS levels in a (a) school sixth form, (b) academy sixth form, (c) sixth form college and (d) 16 to 19 free school dropped out during the first year of their course.
- Culture Media and Sport: EU Law answered 8 September 2014
John Redwood: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport how many new EU directives and regulations have been transposed into UK law by his Department since May 2010.
- Health: NHS: Ict answered 8 September 2014
Stephen McCabe: To ask the Secretary of State for Health how much his Department has spent on legal costs in connection with its dispute with Fujitsu over the National Programme for IT.
- Health: General Practitioners answered 9 September 2014
Andrew Love: To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many GP practices (a) closed and (b) opened in (i) England, (ii) Greater London and (iii) Enfield in each of the last five years; and if he will make a statement.
- Cabinet Office: Radiation Exposure answered 8 September 2014
Paul Flynn: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office
(1) what work the Horizon Scanning Programme has undertaken on the implications for environmental security of (a) an accident at a nuclear facility involving a large release of radiation and (b) the sabotage of a nuclear facility or nuclear cargo in transit by a terrorist group;
(2) what issues are currently under examination by the Horizon Scanning Programme.