Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Voluntary Work: Religion answered 27 October 2014
Lyn Brown: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he will publish an assessment of the progress of his Department's Together in Service scheme.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Business: China answered 28 October 2014
Barry Sheerman: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what recent discussions his Department has had with representatives of the Chinese government about innovation, manufacturing and investment.
- House of Lords: British Overseas Territories answered 24 October 2014
Lord Ashcroft: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will publish a list of investment protection treaties agreed by all United Kingdom Overseas Territories with another country.
- Home Office: Immigration answered 28 October 2014
Joan Walley: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what recent representations she has received on lowering the minimum income threshold limit required by those wishing to bring family members to the UK.
- House of Lords: Asylum: Finance answered 27 October 2014
Lord Roberts of Llandudno: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is the current rate of support provided to asylum seekers; and how many of those who receive such support they estimate to live below the poverty line.
- House of Lords: Army Reserve answered 27 October 2014
the Marquess of Lothian: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many army reservists have been recruited in the last 12 months; and what was the target number of such recruits during the same period.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Broadband: Rural Areas answered 27 October 2014
Guto Bebb: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what steps he is taking to encourage competition in the rural broadband market.
- Home Office: Offences against Children answered 23 October 2014
John Mann: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether any meetings took place in her Department between 1980 and 1985 to discuss the alleged involvement of hon. Members in child abuse; and whether minutes of such meetings were given to the then Secretary of State.
- House of Lords: Illegal Immigrants: France answered 28 October 2014
Lord Condon: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of the current situation in Calais with regard to the number of people, from a number of countries, illegally seeking to enter the United Kingdom by secreting themselves in vehicles travelling to ports in Kent; and whether the situation has improved, or deteriorated, in recent months.
- Department of Health: Hearing Aids answered 29 October 2014
Virendra Sharma: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what clinical guidance local commissioners are expected to consider when making decisions about commissioning of hearing aids for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Department of Health: Hepatitis answered 27 October 2014
Diana Johnson: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many (a) first-stage payments and (b) second-stage payments have been made from the Skipton Fund to the estates of individuals who contracted Hepatitis C following NHS treatment with blood products between 1970 and 1995 but who died after 29 August 2003.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Tourism answered 24 October 2014
Harriet Harman: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what estimate he has made of the amount spent by local authorities on tourism development and promotion in each year since 2010; and what his estimate is of the amount that will be so spent in 2014-15.
- Attorney General: Stalking answered 27 October 2014
Stella Creasy: To ask the Attorney General, how many people have been charged under the provisions of section 4a of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 since 25 November 2012.
- Department of Health: NHS: Vacancies answered 27 October 2014
Jim Shannon: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will take steps to ensure that as many staff vacancies in the NHS as possible are filled by citizens of the UK.
- Home Office: Domestic Violence answered 24 October 2014
Luciana Berger: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what recent discussions her Department has had with the voluntary sector on the development of a standards framework to assist local commissioners in commissioning local domestic violence standards.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: South Sudan answered 27 October 2014
Fiona O'Donnell: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps the Government is taking to ensure a comprehensive arms and ammunition embargo is imposed on all parties in South Sudan.
- House of Lords: Public Statues: Greater London answered 29 October 2014
Viscount Clancarty: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether the Department for Culture, Media and Sport holds an archive and register (including plans, drawings etc.) relating to consent given by the Secretary of State for the erection of statues under the Public Statues (Metropolis) Act 1854; if so, whether they make that archive publicly accessible; and what plans they have for any such archive.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Manufacturing Industries answered 28 October 2014
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what recent steps his Department has taken to increase manufacturing sector exports.
- Department of Health: Hearing Impairment answered 29 October 2014
Virendra Sharma: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, when he expects his Department to publish its Action Plan on Hearing Loss.
- Ministry of Defence: Iraq answered 24 October 2014
Angus Robertson: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, from what sources his Department's operations in Iraq are being funded.