Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- House of Lords: Children: Refugee Children answered 9 April 2014
Lord Judd: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what priority they give to education and psychological care support in their bilateral and multilateral work with refugee children.
- Communities and Local Government: Written Questions: Government Responses answered 8 April 2014
Hilary Benn: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government when he expects to answer question number 193630 tabled on 25 March 2014 for answer on 31 March.
- Education: Truancy answered 7 April 2014
Jim Shannon: To ask the Secretary of State for Education what the incidence of truancy was in schools in the latest period for which figures are available; and what steps he is taking to reduce it and to involve parents in those efforts.
- Communities and Local Government: Fire Services answered 7 April 2014
Alison Seabeck: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how many firefighters were redeployed (a) nationally, (b) in Devon and Somerset and (c) in London last year. [R]
- Business, Innovation and Skills: Overseas Students answered 7 April 2014
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what assessment he has made of the economic benefits to the UK of international students.
- Work and Pensions: South West answered 7 April 2014
Adrian Sanders: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many posts in his Department will be relocated to the South West in the next five years.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: United Arab Emirates answered 9 April 2014
Katy Clark: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will investigate reports that Osama Hussain Al-Najjar has been tortured while held in custody in the UAE.
- Transport: Rolling Stock: North East answered 9 April 2014
Tom Blenkinsop: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what the average age of rolling stock serving the (a) Tees Valley Line and (b) Esk Valley Line is.
- Work and Pensions: Industrial Health and Safety answered 8 April 2014
Chi Onwurah: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what evidence his Department has collected on public perception of health and safety regulation.
- Business, Innovation and Skills: Self-employed answered 10 April 2014
Robert Halfon: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what estimate he has made of the number of people who run a small or medium-sized enterprise as a secondary form of income alongside another job.
- Business, Innovation and Skills: Timber answered 9 April 2014
Anne McGuire: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills how much regional growth funding has been allocated to LEPs for wood-focused initiatives to create jobs in rural areas.
- Health: Cancer answered 7 April 2014
Nicholas Dakin: To ask the Secretary of State for Health pursuant to the answer of 8 July 2013, Official Report, column 86W, on cancer, what the (a) timescales and (b) terms of reference are of the review on the National Cancer Patient Experience Survey.
- Transport: Nurseries answered 9 April 2014
Lucy Powell: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport pursuant to the answer of 24 March 2014, Official Report, column 4W on nurseries, whether his Department's workplace nurseries access the Government's tax relief scheme for workplace nurseries.
- Transport: Driving: Licensing answered 7 April 2014
Richard Burden: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport under what endorsement codes new drivers have had their licence revoked by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency during their two year probationary period in each of the last five years.
- Health: Dementia answered 3 April 2014
John Glen: To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many NHS trusts have a strategy to ensure that the carer of every person who is admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of dementia is provided with advice and support.
- Transport: Cycling: Greater London answered 9 April 2014
Paul Flynn: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many (a) fatal and (b) serious injuries were suffered by cyclists in London in each of the last 10 years.
- Health: General Practitioners: Rural Areas answered 8 April 2014
Anne McIntosh: To ask the Secretary of State for Health what recent representations he has received on the minimum income guarantee required for rural GP practices; and if he will make a statement.
- Business, Innovation and Skills: Land Registry answered 9 April 2014
Toby Perkins: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills when he intends to respond to the consultation on the introduction of a Land Registry service delivery company.
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Climate Change answered 8 April 2014
Barry Gardiner: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
(1) what assessment he has made of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report of 31 March 2014 on Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability; and if he will make a statement;
(2) what assessment he has made of the Met Office report, Too Hot, Too Cold, Too Wet, Too Dry: Drivers and impacts of seasonal weather in the UK; and if he will make a statement.
- Transport: Railway Stations: Halton answered 7 April 2014
Derek Twigg: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport whether there are any plans to alter the opening hours of ticket offices in railway stations within Halton constituency.