Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Department of Health: Pancreatic Cancer answered 27 November 2014
Mark Durkan: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to increase investment in pancreatic cancer research in the UK.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Social Security Benefits: Disqualification answered 24 November 2014
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what the total amount of benefit withheld as a result of benefit sanctions was in each of the last 10 years.
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Climate Change answered 25 November 2014
Mike Hancock: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what bi-lateral discussions he has had with international partners on their Intended Nationally Determined Contributions before the 2015 UN Climate Change Conference; and if he will make a statement.
- Home Office: Vetting answered 26 November 2014
Ian Austin: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what proportion of Disclosure and Barring Service applications are referred to police forces for verification.
- Department of Health: Diabetes answered 25 November 2014
Adrian Sanders: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many adult patients on insulin therapy have been offered an Insulin Passport in each NHS commissioning area in each of the last five years.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Housing: Construction answered 24 November 2014
Alan Campbell: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he will estimate the net effect of New Homes Bonus allocations on council budgets in the 50 (a) most and (b) least deprived council areas.
- Department for Transport: Maritime and Coastguard Agency answered 26 November 2014
Gordon Marsden: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what proportion of staff currently employed at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Maritime Operations Centre at Fareham (a) received the amount of training and (b) attained the level of qualification required in order to carry out their duties when the centre takes on its full operational responsibilities in December 2015.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Islamic State answered 25 November 2014
Andrew Rosindell: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps he is taking to prevent the killing of hostages by ISIL.
- Department for International Development: Africa: Females answered 27 November 2014
Sharon Hodgson: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what her Department is doing to help end the practice of breast-ironing in Western, Eastern and Central African countries.
- House of Lords: Marriage answered 26 November 2014
Baroness Whitaker: To ask Her Majesty’s Government when they will publish their legislative plans to allow humanist marriages now that the public consultation is closed.
- Home Office: Missing Persons: Children answered 20 November 2014
Ann Coffey: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what recent representations she has received in support of the creation of a national database to collate information on missing children to help identify those (a) at risk of child sexual exploitation and (b) being trafficked across police force boundaries; and if she will make a statement.
- Ministry of Justice: Northumberland Prison answered 24 November 2014
David Anderson: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, whether homosexual prisoners taking part in the Sex Offender Treatment Programme delivered at HM Prison Northumberland are having additional weighting points allocated on the grounds of their sexual orientation; and if he will make a statement.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Employment Schemes: Young People answered 27 November 2014
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether he responded to the observation of the former EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion in a lecture at Greenwich University on 28 November 2013 that there is room for more ambition on youth employment policies in the UK.
- House of Lords: Middle East answered 24 November 2014
Lord Hylton: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what actions they are taking to ensure that disabled people and women are regularly consulted about their specific needs and the needs of their children when provision is made for refugees and displaced people from Syria and Iraq.
- Department for Transport: Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency answered 26 November 2014
Chi Onwurah: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps he has taken to enable people to request that data referring to them held by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency is not shared with organisations outside government.
- Ministry of Defence: Bahrain answered 25 November 2014
Helen Goodman: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what recent meetings he has had with Bahraini human rights advocates.
- Home Office: Entry Clearances: South Africa answered 27 November 2014
Tom Greatrex: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate she has made of the size of the current UK visa application backlog in the regional processing hub in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Ministry of Justice: Flexible Working answered 26 November 2014
Gloria De Piero: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many and what proportion of (a) women and (b) men have made a statutory application to request flexible working in his Department; and how many of those applications have been granted to date.
- House of Lords: Diego Garcia answered 27 November 2014
Lord Ashcroft: To ask Her Majesty’s Government further to the Written Answer by Baroness Warsi on 28 July (HL1063) whether Mr Belhaj was the subject of the discussion with the government of the United States referred to in the answer.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Iran answered 24 November 2014
David Burrowes: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent assessment he has made of the extent to which Iran is in fulfilment of its obligations under Article 18 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights.