Hansard Written Answers and Statements
Some recent written answers
- Education: Teachers: Recruitment answered 5 December 2013
Sharon Hodgson: To ask the Secretary of State for Education what steps he is taking to ensure high-quality arts teachers are recruited into the profession.
- Work and Pensions: Employment and Support Allowance answered 9 December 2013
Chris Ruane: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions pursuant to the answers of 3 December 2013, Official Report, column 648W, on employment and support allowance, if he will make it his policy to collect such information in future.
- Transport: Eurostar answered 10 December 2013
Frank Dobson: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport
(1) what payments were made to HM Treasury by Eurostar in each of the last 10 years;
(2) what information his Department holds on the proportion of Eurostar's income that was re-invested in the business in each of the last 10 years;
(3) what funding from the public purse Eurostar has received in each of the last 10 years;
(4) what level of profits have been made by Eurostar in each of the last 10 years;
(5) whether the sale of the Government's share in Eurostar will require the consent of Parliament.
- Work and Pensions: State Retirement Pensions answered 5 December 2013
Nigel Evans: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what estimate his Department has made of the number of people that will be in receipt of a state pension in (a) 2015, (b) 2020, (c) 2030 and (d) 2050.
- Transport: Shipping: Leave answered 10 December 2013
Ian Lavery: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what recent discussions he has had with (a) the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and (b) representatives of the shipping industry on seafarers statutory entitlement to (i) paid annual leave and (ii) compensatory rest periods.
- Defence: Burma answered 5 December 2013
Yasmin Qureshi: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence where British training for Burmese army soldiers will take place in 2014.
- Home Department: Surveillance answered 10 December 2013
Dominic Raab: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department in how many cases the Investigatory Powers Tribunal has awarded costs to individuals found to have been victims of unlawful surveillance in the last five years.
- House of Lords: Homeless Families answered 11 December 2013
Lord Alton of Liverpool: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many children they estimate to be living in Britain in bed and breakfast or temporary accommodation.
- Transport: Invalid Vehicles answered 5 December 2013
Richard Burden: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport whether Article 9 of the European Regulation on the Sound Level of Motor Vehicles requires acoustic vehicle alerting systems for mobility scooters.
- Education: Arts: Education answered 5 December 2013
Sharon Hodgson: To ask the Secretary of State for Education what assessment he has made of the effect of changes to discounting codes on future take-up of (a) arts, (b) design, (c) music and (d) drama subjects.
- Home Department: Crime answered 4 December 2013
Steve Reed: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department pursuant to the oral evidence of Dr Rodger Patrick to the Public Administration Select Committee on 19 November 2013, HC 760, Q 2-5, what assessment she has made of the prevalence of the alleged practices of cuffing, nodding, skewing and stitching by the police to reduce the levels of recorded crime; and if she will make a statement.
- Energy and Climate Change: Boilers: Somerset answered 5 December 2013
Tessa Munt: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change if he will provide a list of approved installer organisations able to install new oil boilers in Somerset under the Green Deal and energy company obligation schemes.
- Health: Clinical Trials answered 10 December 2013
Stephen Phillips: To ask the Secretary of State for Health what steps his Department is taking to ensure that all clinical trials data is made publicly available.
- Health: Rickets answered 10 December 2013
Luciana Berger: To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many cases of rickets have been diagnosed since 2010 in (a) total and (b) each parliamentary constituency.
- House of Lords: Asylum Seekers answered 11 December 2013
Lord Laird: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Taylor of Holbeach on 18 November (WA 129), on what grounds they remain satisfied that the Republic of Ireland is a safe country for the removal of asylum seekers’ children from the United Kingdom in accordance with its position in the list of safe countries at Part Two of Schedule Three to the Immigration and Asylum (Treatment of Claimants, etc) Act 2004, given the judgment of the Northern Ireland High Court in the matter of the application by ALJ and A, B and C.
- Work and Pensions: Cold Weather Payments answered 11 December 2013
Hywel Francis: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what the criteria are to trigger cold weather payments; and if he will make a statement.
- Health: Abortion answered 9 December 2013
David Burrowes: To ask the Secretary of State for Health in what circumstances his Department requires doctors to provide evidence to substantiate their opinion that an abortion is legally justified; and how that evidence is assessed.
- Work and Pensions: Housing Benefit: Peterborough answered 10 December 2013
Stewart Jackson: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many families in Peterborough City Council area have been assisted with discretionary funding as a result of changes in Housing Benefit rules introduced in April 2013; and if he will make a statement.
- Treasury: Mortgages: Government Assistance answered 10 December 2013
Hilary Benn: To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will place in the Library any risk assessment, impact assessment or other similar assessment of the effects on house prices of (a) the Help to Buy equity loan scheme and (b) the Help to Buy mortgage guarantees.
- Defence: Travel answered 9 December 2013
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence on what occasions and for what reasons Ministers in his Department have used military transport for domestic travel since taking office.