Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: United Arab Emirates answered 17 December 2014
Greg Mulholland: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, pursuant to the Answer of 26 November 2014 to Question 214857, what estimate he has made of the number of political prisoners in the United Arab Emirates.
- House of Lords: Entry Clearances: Married People answered 17 December 2014
Lord Marlesford: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether, in considering visa applications from outside the European Union, they differentiate between applicants who are monogamous or polygamous wives of United Kingdom residents; and whether they differentiate between such applicants who are intended monogamous or polygamous wives.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Access to Work Programme answered 17 December 2014
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, for what reason self-employed people are not eligible for Access to Work support.
- House of Lords: China answered 17 December 2014
Lord Eames: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what advice the Foreign and Commonwealth Office make available to British citizens intending to visit China who have been granted a visa to travel.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Directors answered 15 December 2014
Sharon Hodgson: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, how many members of his Department's executive board are disabled.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Bahrain answered 17 December 2014
Ian Austin: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent discussions he has had with the government of Bahrain on the release of political prisoners.
- Attorney General: Shoplifting: Prosecutions answered 15 December 2014
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Attorney General, how many prosecutions there have been for shoplifting in each of the last five years.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Fishing Catches answered 17 December 2014
Zac Goldsmith: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, with reference to a letter sent from her Department, ref. MC355113/RGW, what proportion of overall catch of (a) the 12 vessels from the UK that use bottom trawler gear below 600 metres and (b) the eight vessels from the UK that use bottom trawler gear below 800 metres was caught by bottom trawling and not mid water trawl in the last five years.
- Northern Ireland Office: Staff answered 17 December 2014
Helen Goodman: To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, how many staff are employed in her Department's headquarter buildings.
- HM Treasury: Oil: Prices answered 15 December 2014
Jonathan Evans: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what assessment he has made of the potential effect of the recent fall in global oil prices on the UK economy.
- House of Lords: Future of the Home Care Workforce Commission answered 15 December 2014
Lord Taylor of Warwick: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the finding of the Burstow Commission on the future of the home care workforce that home care requires better oversight.
- Ministry of Defence: Afghanistan answered 17 December 2014
Angus Robertson: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what recent representations he has received from the Afghan government on the use of the Royal Air Force to provide close air support for the Afghan National Security forces.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Housing: Fires answered 16 December 2014
Jim Fitzpatrick: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what estimate he has made of the annual number of domestic fires in England caused by (a) electrical misuse and (b) domestic electrical distribution faults.
- Department for Transport: Maritime and Coastguard Agency: Stornoway answered 15 December 2014
Katy Clark: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many times the Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre at Stornoway was staffed at below risk-assessed levels in (a) October and (b) November 2014.
- Department for Transport: East Anglia Railway Line answered 15 December 2014
Simon Burns: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many times and when rail services on the Chelmsford to London Liverpool Street line have been disrupted as a result of overrunning engineering works carried out by Network Rail in the last 12 months.
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Fracking: Scotland answered 16 December 2014
Graeme Morrice: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what assessment he has made of the Smith Commission's recommendations to devolve the licensing of fracking companies to Scotland.
- Department of Health: Prescription Drugs answered 18 December 2014
Dan Jarvis: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will develop a strategy and workplan with targets for increasing the use of off-label medicines.
- Department of Health: NHS: Per Capita Costs answered 18 December 2014
Jamie Reed: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what the cost per head of the NHS in (a) cash and (b) real terms was in England in each of the last 15 years.
- Department of Health: NHS: Ict answered 18 December 2014
Alex Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how much of the the Nursing and Midwifery Technology Fund (a) has already been allocated and (b) he plans to allocate in future years.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Occupational Health answered 17 December 2014
John Healey: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will take steps to ensure that the Fit for Work service can be offered to people who are (a) on long-term sick leave and (b) otherwise in employment.