Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Legal Costs answered 25 March 2015
Gareth Thomas: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, how much (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies and associated bodies has spent on legal fees in each year since 2010; and if he will publish a detailed breakdown of that expenditure.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Regional Growth Fund answered 19 March 2015
Paul Flynn: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what support the Regional Growth Fund has provided for the Civil Nuclear Sharing in Growth programme in each year since 2010 Regional Growth Fund.
- Ministry of Defence: Military Aircraft answered 19 March 2015
Lord Moonie: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, from 2009–10 to the latest year for which data are available, what was the annual number of hours flown by (1) Typhoon, (2) Tornado GR4, (3) Chinook, (4) Merlin Mk3, (4) C-130J, (5) C-17, (6) Apache, and (7) Merlin Mk1/2, aircraft.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Pay answered 24 March 2015
Gloria De Piero: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what the average hourly pay is of employees at each grade within her Department identified as (a) White or White British and (b) from a Black, Asian or other minority ethnic group.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012 answered 26 March 2015
David Simpson: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what recent assessment his Department has made of the legacy of the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Ministry of Defence: Advertising answered 19 March 2015
Chris Ruane: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how much his Department spent on (a) television advertising, (b) radio advertising, (c) national newspaper advertisements, (d) local newspaper advertisements, (e) social media advertising and (f) other types of advertising in each year since 2010.
- Cabinet Office: Honours answered 24 March 2015
Lord Scriven: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to strip honours received from individuals who are implicated in the recent child exploitation cases.
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Tidal Power answered 24 March 2015
Matthew Offord: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what estimate he has made of what proportion of Europe's tidal energy production is represented by the UK's tidal energy resource production.
- Ministry of Justice: Pay answered 25 March 2015
Gloria De Piero: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what the average hourly pay is of employees at each grade within his Department identified as (a) White or White British and (b) from a Black, Asian or other minority ethnic group.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Conditions of Employment answered 24 March 2015
Pamela Nash: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, how many staff in his Department and its executive agencies and associated bodies were engaged off-payroll in each of the last five years up to the most recent period for which figures are available.
- Cabinet Office: Unemployment: Learning Disability answered 26 March 2015
Chuka Umunna: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, how many people with learning difficulties who wished to work but were unemployed there were in (a) Streatham constituency, (b) Lambeth local authority area and (c) the UK in each of the last five years; and if he will make a statement.
- Department of Health: Mental Health Services answered 23 March 2015
Alex Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what proportion of people in England referred for talking therapies for treatment of depression and anxiety in the second quarter of 2014-15 started their treatment within (a) six and (b) 18 weeks.
- Ministry of Justice: Kingston Prison answered 23 March 2015
Mike Hancock: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how much was raised by his Department from the sale of the former Kingston Prison site in Portsmouth.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Eritrea answered 20 March 2015
Baroness Hayter of Kentish Town: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Warsi on 24 February 2014 (HL5333) concerning the enforced extraction of a two per cent tax on the Eritrean community in the United Kingdom by the Eritrean Embassy, and in the light of the report made against the Eritrean Embassy on 3 March by members of the Eritrean community at the West End Central Police Station that the tax was still being extracted, what action they intend to take to take to ensure that no such tax is extracted by illicit or coercive means.
- Department for Transport: Driving Tests answered 25 March 2015
Lord Condon: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they have any plans to review the current driving test and the introduction of a graduated driving licence, in the light of changes to vehicle technology including navigation systems, assisted parking and mobile communications and the over representation of young drivers in serious and fatal accidents.
- Ministry of Justice: Prisoners: Foreign Nationals answered 23 March 2015
Alison McGovern: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many foreign national prisoners (a) by nationality and (b) of no known country of origin were held in prisons in England and Wales on 31 December 2014.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Research answered 26 March 2015
Clive Betts: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what research reports his Department has commissioned from external bodies between September 2010 and December 2014 have not been published; when each such report was commissioned; what the nature of the research commissioned for each report was; from whom each such research report was commissioned; what the value of each such commission was; on what date each such report was received by his Department; for what reason each such research report has not yet been published; and when he plans to publish each such report.
- Department of Health: Hearing Impairment answered 26 March 2015
Steve Reed: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how much the NHS has spent on audiology services in each of the last five years.
- Department for Transport: Roads: Torridge answered 23 March 2015
Geoffrey Cox: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what support his Department is providing for the maintenance of rural roads in Torridge and West Devon.
- HM Treasury: Taxation: Self-assessment answered 24 March 2015
Chi Onwurah: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to paragraph 1.108 of Budget 2015, whether people will be able to opt out of the digital tax accounts.