Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Department for Education: Teachers answered 20 March 2015
Jim Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many specialist teachers of (a) art, (b) history, (c) English, (d) physical education and (e) drama taught mathematics in state secondary schools in (i) 2009-10, (ii) 2010-11, (iii) 2011-12, (iv) 2012-13 and (v) 2013-14.
- HM Treasury: Tax Avoidance answered 19 March 2015
Richard Shepherd: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what representations were made to the Government on the constitutional propriety of the General Anti-Avoidance Rule introduced by the Finance Act 2013 (a) in relation to whether the Rule seeks to make citizens responsible for shortcomings of the legislative process, (b) in relation to whether the Rule requires the courts to give effect to interpretations offered by an advisory body which is unaccountable and unelected and (c) on any other grounds.
- Department of Health: Hepatitis: Drugs answered 25 March 2015
Luciana Berger: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to the Answers of 27 February 2015 to Questions 225235 and 225238, by what process NHS England is developing the interim commissioning policies referred to in those Answers; whether funding has been allocated to support those policies; and whether those policies have been discussed by the Clinical Priorities Advisory Group.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Housing Benefit: Social Rented Housing answered 19 March 2015
Steve McCabe: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment he has made of his Department's performance in meeting its targets on the length of time for decisions to be made on the payment of the under-occupancy by (a) vulnerable and disabled and (b) other people.
- Department of Health: Visual Impairment answered 26 March 2015
Liz Kendall: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many finished consultant episodes with a primary or secondary diagnosis of (a) age-related macular degeneration, (b) glaucoma, (c) diabetic retinopathy and (d) cataracts there were in the NHS in England in each of the last five years.
- Ministry of Justice: Offences against Children answered 24 March 2015
Jeremy Corbyn: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, if he will review the cross examination of witnesses in child abuse prosecutions.
- Ministry of Defence: Afghanistan answered 23 March 2015
Vernon Coaker: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how much the (a) withdrawal from Afghanistan and (b) environmental clean-up in Afghanistan has cost to date; and how much has been spent on each element of each cost.
- Home Office: Asylum: Housing answered 19 March 2015
Sarah Teather: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what assessment her Department has made of the adequacy of support provided under sections 4 and 95 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Ministry of Defence: Military Aid answered 24 March 2015
Ian Lucas: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will publish a list of equipment gifted by his Department in each year since 2010.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Reports on Payments to Governments Regulations 2014 answered 26 March 2015
the Bishop of Worcester: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they will take to listen to the views of civil society before endorsing any guidance from United Kingdom extractives industry companies on the Reports on Payments to Governments Regulations 2014.
- Home Office: Asylum: LGBT People answered 26 March 2015
Lord Scriven: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps have been taken to improve the quality of asylum decision-making in sexual identity asylum claims proceeding under the Detained Fast Track process following the concerns expressed by the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, John Vine, in his investigation into the Home Office’s handling of asylum claims made on the grounds of sexual orientation, published in October 2014; and what assessment they have made of the suitability of such claims for accelerated procedures.
- Ministry of Defence: Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft answered 25 March 2015
Angus Robertson: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment he has made of the level of susceptibility of the Joint Strike Fighter F-35B to catching fire or exploding due to a lighting strike (a) while flying and (b) on the ground.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Consultants answered 24 March 2015
Kerry McCarthy: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, which five political risk consultancies have received the largest total amount from (a) his Department and (b) his Department's executive agencies and associated bodies since 2010.
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Public Buildings: Energy answered 23 March 2015
Kerry McCarthy: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what assessment his Department has made of the effectiveness of Display Energy Certificates in reducing the energy costs and improving the energy efficiency of public buildings.
- Department for Transport: Highways Agency answered 25 March 2015
Greg Mulholland: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, pursuant to the Answer of 19 March 2015 to Question 227614, what assessment he has made of the adequacy of the remit and powers of the Audit Committee of the Highways Agency.
- Department for Transport: Highways Agency answered 25 March 2015
Greg Mulholland: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many investigations of grievances raised against the Highways Agency's North of England management team in each year since 2006 (a) were found in favour of the complainant, (b) were found in favour of the Highways Agency, (c) are unresolved and (d) are yet to conclude.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Bangladesh answered 25 March 2015
Lord Avebury: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of the charges against the Bangladesh Leader of the Opposition Khaleda Zia announced by the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the Bangladesh Parliament on 11 March.
- Department of Health: Mental Health Services: Children answered 19 March 2015
Luciana Berger: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many tier 4 CAMHS beds there were in England in (a) April 2010, (b) April 2011, (c) April 2012 and (d) February 2015.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Further Education: Disability answered 23 March 2015
Baroness Uddin: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the impact of the reduction in public spending on adult further education in 2015–16 announced last month on people with autism and with disabilities.
- Ministry of Justice: Offenders: EU Action answered 24 March 2015
Matthew Offord: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what best practice his Department has learnt from leading the EU-funded Serious Offending by Mobile European Criminals project.