Hansard Written Answers
Some recent written answers
- Ministry of Defence: Armed Conflict: Children answered 26 March 2015
Alex Cunningham: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, whether all armed forces personnel are made aware of the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and its Optional Protocol on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict during their training.
- Cabinet Office: Minimum Wage answered 25 March 2015
Barry Sheerman: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what proportion of the workforce was paid no more than the minimum wage in (a) Huddersfield, (b) Kirklees, (c) Yorkshire, (d) London, (e) England and (f) the UK in each of the last five years.
- Department of Health: Dementia answered 23 March 2015
Andy Burnham: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make an assessment of the effect of recent social care budget changes on people with dementia.
- Department of Health: Neuromuscular Disorders: North West answered 24 March 2015
Julie Hilling: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether the five neuroscience tertiary centres in the north west of England have committed to funding a neuromuscular clinical network for the region.
- Department of Health: Meningitis answered 26 March 2015
Frank Dobson: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many children died of meningitis B in each of the last five years for which figures are available.
- Department of Health: Hepatitis: Drugs answered 25 March 2015
Luciana Berger: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to the Answers of 27 February 2015 to Questions 225235 and 225238, by what process NHS England is developing the interim commissioning policies referred to in those Answers; whether funding has been allocated to support those policies; and whether those policies have been discussed by the Clinical Priorities Advisory Group.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Dairy Farming answered 25 March 2015
Matthew Offord: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what estimate she has made of the number of dairy farmers who have ceased trading in the last 12 months.
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Fuels: Allowances answered 26 March 2015
Joan Walley: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, with reference to the Treasury's announcement entitled Chancellor intervenes to honour fuel allowance benefits of ex-miners, published on 15 November 2013, if he will place in the Library the full criteria used in making decisions on concessionary fuel payments for former miners who worked in private-sector mines; and how many former miners received concessionary fuel payments as a result of that announcement.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Work Programme: North West answered 24 March 2015
Andrew Stephenson: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many disabled people have entered employment following participation in the Work Programme in (a) Pendle, (b) Lancashire and (c) the North West to date.
- HM Treasury: Revenue and Customs answered 26 March 2015
Shabana Mahmood: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many staff of each grade resigned from the Large Business Service team of HM Revenue and Customs in (a) 2010-11, (b) 2011-12, (c) 2012-13, (d) 2013-14 and (e) 2014-15 to date.
- Cabinet Office: Electronic Government answered 25 March 2015
Chi Onwurah: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, how many providers took part in the GOV.UK Verify trial; and how many such providers will be in place when that scheme is rolled out across central Government.
- Department for Culture Media and Sport: Communication answered 26 March 2015
Kevan Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what his Department's communications budget has been for each financial year from 2010-11 to 2014-15.
- Department of Health: Nurses: Training answered 26 March 2015
Heidi Alexander: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many training posts for nurses were commissioned in England in each year from 1989-90 to 1997-98.
- HM Treasury: Welfare Tax Credits answered 26 March 2015
Frank Field: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to the HM Revenue and Customs publication Benefits and Credits, Tax Credits Error and Fraud Additional Capacity Trial, Final Evaluation, published in May 2014, for what reason section 1.7 listed in the contents page, Delegation of Commissioners' Powers, was not included in the body of that report; and if he will place in the Library a copy of that section.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Ilois: Resettlement answered 26 March 2015
Lord Avebury: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how they will meet commitments made before the 2010 election to arrive at a just and fair settlement of the issue of the exile of the Chagos Islanders in the light of the award of 18 March by the Arbitral Tribunal constituted under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea in the case of Chagos Marine Protected Area Arbitration (Mauritius v. United Kingdom), and the conclusion by the KPMG report commissioned by the then Foreign Secretary that return by the islanders is feasible.
- Department for Education: Academies: Sponsorship answered 20 March 2015
Baroness Morris of Yardley: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many sponsored academies have changed sponsor since 2010.
- Cabinet Office: Training answered 23 March 2015
Chi Onwurah: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, pursuant to the Answer of 18 December 2014 to Question 218376, if he will include digital or other technical skills in the Major Projects Academy Leadership course.
- Department of Health: Dermatology answered 26 March 2015
Lilian Greenwood: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what his Department's (a) direct and (b) indirect involvement in (i) the procurement of dermatology services from Nottingham University Hospitals Trust to Circle in 2007 and (ii) the reprocurement of those services in 2012; and whether that involvement was in an advisory capacity.
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Longannet Power Station answered 26 March 2015
Michael Weir: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what modelling of security of electricity supply in Scotland has been undertaken by the (a) Government and (b) National Grid in relation to the potential closure of Longannet power station.
- Department for International Development: International Citizen Service answered 23 March 2015
Mary Creagh: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how many people have (a) applied for and (b) completed a placement under the International Citizen Service in each year since 2012.