People matching ‘tomlinson’
- Mr George Tomlinson (formerly Farnworth, 27 Jan 1938 – 22 Sep 1952) – View recent appearances
- Lord Tomlinson (Lab, 1 Jan 1998 – ) – View recent appearances
- Mr John Tomlinson (formerly Meriden, 28 Feb 1974 – 7 Apr 1979) – View recent appearances
- Justin Tomlinson (North Swindon, Con, 6 May 2010 – ) – View recent appearances
- Mr Robert Tomlinson (formerly Lancaster, 9 Feb 1928 – 10 May 1929) – View recent appearances
- Mr William Tomlinson (formerly Preston, 25 Nov 1882 – 8 Jan 1906) – View recent appearances
Results 1-20 of 6,121 for tomlinson
- Domestic Violence — [Dr William McCrea in the Chair] (29 October 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Norman Baker: ...practices waste money by imposing requirements that are not necessary for the operation of the refuge service, and that money could be better spent on protecting women. My hon. Friend the Member for North Swindon (Justin Tomlinson) mentioned the engagement of football authorities. As he recognises, they responded quite well to the initiative that he mentioned. I have had a meeting with...
- Opposition Day — [8th allotted day]: Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Welfare Reform (Disabled People) (28 October 2014)
Gordon Marsden: ...Atos into action on this and a series of other areas. The best way of looking at these issues is to look at what comes to us from our caseworkers. In particular, I pay tribute to my caseworker, Gillian Tomlinson, who works tirelessly in this area. I want to quote a couple of examples. She talks about Mrs B, who contacted us in June 2014, who receives the highest rate care and mobility and...
- Bill Presented — International Trade Agreements (Scrutiny): Clause 1 — How an MP becomes subject to a recall petition process (27 October 2014)
...Ritchie Angus Robertson David Ruffley Barry Sheerman Chris Skidmore Henry Smith Mark Spencer Andrew Stephenson Bob Stewart Mr Jack Straw Gary Streeter Graham Stuart Julian Sturdy Mr Desmond Swayne Justin Tomlinson Elizabeth Truss Andrew Turner Paul Uppal Martin Vickers Mrs Theresa Villiers Joan Walley Mike Weir Heather Wheeler Chris White Eilidh Whiteford Alan Whitehead Craig Whittaker...
- EU Council — Statement (27 October 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Lord Tomlinson: My Lords, I think we can all agree that the figures that have been produced need to be pored over in the greatest detail and justified, if they are justifiable. However, we have all read in recent days and weeks about the domestic changes that we have made to the calculation of GNI. I ask the Minister —as the Government seem to have been quite coy about this—whether, in the...
- Green Climate Fund — Question (27 October 2014)
Lord Tomlinson: May I ask the Minister to return to the question asked by the noble Lord, Lord Tebbit? It is a very pertinent question. Is the money that is going to be pledged in November already in the Budget, or is it to be an increase in the borrowing that the Government will have to undertake, at a time when they have just hit a record for the amount of borrowing?
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Schools: Governing Bodies (24 October 2014)
Lord Nash: ...evidence to the Education Committee, a great deal of progress has been made in implementing Peter Clarke’s thorough and wide-ranging recommendations. The Secretary of State has appointed Sir Mike Tomlinson as Education Commissioner to work with Birmingham City Council to oversee its improvement. New trust members are in place in the four academies in special measures, and several...
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: Bus Services: Disability (24 October 2014)
Justin Tomlinson: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what recent steps he has taken to encourage bus operators to install audio visual announcement systems.
- Written Answers — Department for Education: Schools: Standards (24 October 2014)
Justin Tomlinson: To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many children were taught in schools rated as good or outstanding by Ofsted in (a) 2010 and (b) the last date for which figures are available.
- Young People: Alternatives to University — Motion to Take Note (23 October 2014) See 3 other results from this debate
Lord Rees of Ludlow: ...FutureLearn platform. Finally, I wish to say a word about pre-18 education. We should keep pushing not only for technical education and apprenticeships, but also for a broader curriculum within the traditional sixth form. Tomlinson was, as we have heard, stymied by the last Labour Government for electoral reasons. Those with long enough memories will recall that the analogous Higginson...
- Free Trade Agreement: US and EU — Question (23 October 2014)
Lord Tomlinson: Will the Minister now manage to put aside any concerns about the malign influence of UKIP on the Government’s policy in relation to the European Union, particularly in the light of the opinion poll in last night’s Evening Standard? That showed that, were there a referendum tomorrow on withdrawal, it would be defeated by 20 percentage points.
- Deferred Division: Independent parliamentary standards authority (22 October 2014)
...Andrew Stunell Julian Sturdy Gerry Sutcliffe Ian Swales Mr Desmond Swayne Jo Swinson Mr Hugo Swire Robert Syms Mark Tami Sir Peter Tapsell Gareth Thomas Mike Thornton Stephen Timms Edward Timpson Justin Tomlinson David Tredinnick Jon Trickett Elizabeth Truss Karl Turner Derek Twigg Stephen Twigg Chuka Umunna Edward Vaizey Shailesh Vara Keith Vaz Valerie Vaz Robin Walker Ben Wallace Joan...
- Leaseholders’ Rights (Insurance) (22 October 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Brandon Lewis: ...she raised it during the debates on the Consumer Rights Bill back in March. I will try to respond to the range of issues that the hon. Lady and my hon. Friend the Member for North Swindon (Justin Tomlinson) have raised. I will start by saying that the Government recognise the importance of the issue that the hon. Lady has raised, namely the rights of leaseholders to obtain details about...
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: Great Western Railway Line (22 October 2014)
Justin Tomlinson: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what progress his Department has made on increasing capacity across the Great Western rail franchise.
- Written Answers — HM Treasury: Loans (22 October 2014)
Justin Tomlinson: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what recent assessment he has made of the potential merits of introducing real-time credit checking for lenders.
- Social Action, Responsibility and Heroism Bill: Clause 3 — Responsibility (20 October 2014)
...Rory Stewart Gary Streeter Mel Stride Graham Stuart Sir Andrew Stunell Ian Swales Mr Desmond Swayne Jo Swinson Mr Hugo Swire Robert Syms Sir Peter Tapsell Sarah Teather Mike Thornton John Thurso Justin Tomlinson Elizabeth Truss Andrew Tyrie Edward Vaizey Shailesh Vara Martin Vickers Mrs Theresa Villiers Charles Walker Ben Wallace Dame Angela Watkinson Steve Webb James Wharton Heather...
- The Chairman of Ways and Means took the Chair as Deputy Speaker (Standing Order No. 3) — European Union (Referendum) Bill (17 October 2014)
...Henry Smith Julian Smith Mrs Caroline Spelman Mark Spencer Andrew Stephenson Bob Stewart Iain Stewart Rory Stewart Mel Stride Graham Stuart Julian Sturdy Mr Desmond Swayne Robert Syms Edward Timpson Justin Tomlinson David Tredinnick Elizabeth Truss Andrew Turner Andrew Tyrie Paul Uppal Edward Vaizey Shailesh Vara Keith Vaz Martin Vickers Mrs Theresa Villiers Charles Walker Robin Walker...
- Business of the House (16 October 2014)
Angela Eagle: ...address as a precocious 16-year-old. The Prime Minister was so moved by the right hon. Gentleman’s final oration to the party faithful that he has proclaimed him as the greatest living Yorkshireman. This has caused much consternation. Teenagers think it is Louis Tomlinson from One Direction; Guardian readers think it is Alan Bennett and I, of course, think it is my dad. Deep down,...
- Opposition Day — [6th Allotted Day]: NHS Services (Access) (15 October 2014)
...Iain Stewart Gary Streeter Mel Stride Graham Stuart Sir Andrew Stunell Julian Sturdy Ian Swales Mr Desmond Swayne Jo Swinson Mr Hugo Swire Robert Syms Sarah Teather Mike Thornton Edward Timpson Justin Tomlinson David Tredinnick Andrew Turner Andrew Tyrie Paul Uppal Martin Vickers Charles Walker Robin Walker Ben Wallace David Ward Dame Angela Watkinson Mike Weatherley Steve Webb James...