People matching ‘philip hammond’
Results 1-20 of 1,349 for philip hammond
- Business of the House (30 October 2014)
Paul Flynn: ..., 33 Engineer Regiment (EOD), aged 28, Rifleman Andrew Ian Fentiman, 7th Battalion The Rifles, aged 23, from Cambridge, Rifleman Samuel John Bassett, 4th Battalion The Rifles, aged 20, from Plymouth, Rifleman Philip Allen, 2 Rifles, aged 20, from Dorset, Sergeant Phillip Scott, 3rd Battalion The Rifles, aged 30, from Malton, Warrant Officer Class 1 Darren Chant, 1st Battalion The Grenadier...
- Written Ministerial Statements — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Afghanistan (Progress Report) (30 October 2014)
Philip Hammond: I wish to inform the House that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, together with the Ministry of Defence and the Department for International Development, is today publishing the 41st progress report on developments in Afghanistan since November 2010. After a protracted period of negotiation, Dr Ashraf Ghani and Dr Abdullah Abduallah signed the agreement forming a National Unity Government...
- Railways (Public Sector Operators) (29 October 2014)
...Pete Wishart John Woodcock David Wright Iain Wright Sheila Gilmore (teller) Andy McDonald (teller) No Steve Baker Sir Alan Beith Paul Beresford Bob Blackman Crispin Blunt Christopher Chope Glyn Davies Philip Davies Graham Evans Mark Field Mr Dominic Grieve Stephen Hammond Rebecca Harris Simon Hart Philip Hollobone Chris Kelly Sir Greg Knight Mr Peter Lilley Karl McCartney Nigel Mills...
- Opposition Day — [8th allotted day]: Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Welfare Reform (Disabled People) (28 October 2014)
...James Clappison Greg Clark Mr Kenneth Clarke Geoffrey Clifton-Brown Thérèse Coffey Damian Collins Oliver Colvile Geoffrey Cox Stephen Crabb Tracey Crouch David T. C. (Monmouth) Davies Glyn Davies Philip Davies Mr David Davis Nick de Bois Caroline Dinenage Jonathan Djanogly Mr Stephen Dorrell Jackie Doyle-Price Richard Drax Sir Alan Duncan Mr Iain Duncan Smith Philip Dunne Michael...
- Points of Order (28 October 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Philip Hammond: rose—
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Gaza (28 October 2014) See 4 other results from this debate
Philip Hammond: On 12 October, at the reconstruction conference in Cairo, the UK pledged £20 million to help kick-start Gaza’s recovery. It is essential that both sides take the necessary practical steps to allow reconstruction. Reconstruction of Gaza is necessary and urgent to get the economy back to business, but progress to a political settlement must follow quickly on its heels.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Government of Ukraine (28 October 2014) See 4 other results from this debate
Philip Hammond: The UK is providing £19 million of assistance to the Ukrainian Government. We are one of the largest contributors of election and border monitors, but most importantly, we are maintaining pressure on Russia through sanctions to withdraw troops, to cease support for separatists and to respect the sovereignty of Ukraine.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: EU Sanctions (Russia) (28 October 2014) See 3 other results from this debate
Philip Hammond: EU sanctions are having a clear impact on Russia’s economy. Capital flight has increased, and Russian access to western financial markets is severely constrained. Sanctions are estimated to have slowed GDP growth by 1%, and to have contributed to the rouble’s falling by 20% against the dollar since 1 January. The fall in the oil price is piling further pressure on the Russian economy.
- Isil (28 October 2014) See 6 other results from this debate
Philip Hammond: The United Kingdom is part of a coalition of more than 60 countries supporting the Government of Iraq against ISIL, and RAF strikes are assisting Iraqi ground forces. A number of strategically important towns in the North have been liberated by the peshmerga, but the scale of the problem remains significant. The coalition’s air intervention has halted the rapid ISIL advance, but it...
- Isil: Kurdish Peshmerga (28 October 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Philip Hammond: As I have just said, the Prime Minister has appointed Lieutenant General Sir Simon Mayall as his security envoy to the Kurdistan region of Iraq. At the request of the Government of Iraq, we have delivered over 300 tonnes of supplies to Irbil. This includes over 100 tonnes of weapons and equipment from the UK. We are instructing peshmerga soldiers on the operation of the heavy machine guns...
- Isil: Topical Questions (28 October 2014) See 9 other results from this debate
Philip Hammond: Since the summer, the Foreign Office has responded to multiple crises. The UK has joined the coalition against ISIL in Iraq and Syria, pledged £20 million to help rebuild Gaza, led a tough European response to Russian aggression in Ukraine, and been front and centre of the international fight against Ebola. Beyond those immediate crises, my priority is to put the national interest at the...
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: West Africa (28 October 2014)
Philip Hammond: I refer the hon. Gentleman to my answer to the hon. Member for Hyndburn.