Results 1-20 of 1,650 for copyright
- Upcoming Business – Commons: General Committee (1 September 2014)
Sixth Delegated Legislation Committee: Draft Copyright and Rights in Performances (Extended Collective Licensing) Regulations 2014.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (29 July 2014)
Copyright and Rights in Performances (Personal Copies for Private Use) Regulations 2014 – Regret motion – Viscount Younger of Leckie.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (29 July 2014)
Copyright and Rights in Performances (Quotation and Parody) Regulations 2014 – Motion to approve – Viscount Younger of Leckie.
- Copyright and Rights in Performances (Extended Collective Licensing) Regulations 2014 (28 July 2014)
Copyright and Rights in Performances (Extended Collective Licensing) Regulations 2014
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Copyright: Internet (28 July 2014)
Lord Clement-Jones: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what plans the Intellectual Property Office has to monitor advertising on pirate websites.
- Written Answers — Education: Public Libraries: Electronic Publishing (22 July 2014)
Edward Vaizey: ...Culture, Media and Sport have changed the law so that the Public Lending Right (PLR) is now extended to e-books for on-site lending. This legislation came into force on 1 July. Due to current EU copyright law it is not possible to extend PLR to remote lending at this time, however the Government will revisit the issue as part of a continuous review of e-lending, and are in contact with...
- Criminal Justice and Courts Bill: Committee (2nd Day) (21 July 2014)
Baroness Thornton: ...the identifiable person would have consented; or (c) the person who published the image has reproduced an image that has already been published by another person. (2) For the purposes of this section it is immaterial who owns the copyright of the published image. (3) In this section “publish” means to reproduce, share or otherwise distribute an image via the internet or other...
- Previous Business – Lords: Grand Committee (21 July 2014)
Copyright and Rights in Performances (Extended Collective Licensing) Regulations 2014 – Viscount Younger of Leckie.
- Delegated Legislation: Copyright (14 July 2014)
- Written Answers — House of Commons Commission: Parliamentary Procedure: Publications (14 July 2014)
John Thurso: Erskine May’s “Parliamentary Practice” is published by Butterworths under an exclusive licence granted by the trustees of the May Memorial Fund, registered charity 306057, who own the copyright to the work. I understand that the trustees are considering under what financial arrangements it might be practicable to make a digital version of Erskine May available online.
- Previous Business – Commons: General Committee (9 July 2014)
Tenth Delegated Legislation Committee: Draft Copyright and Rights in Performances (Personal Copies for Private Use) Regulations 2014 and the Draft Copyright and Rights in Performances (Quotation and Parody) Regulations 2014.
- Deregulation Bill — Second Reading (Continued) (7 July 2014) See 4 other results from this debate
Lord Wallace of Saltaire: .... I take the point that public service broadcasters should not be subsidising commercial enterprises. We are of course willing to talk to others about how and within what framework we address Section 73 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, although the Government may be reluctant to concede that that fits appropriately within this Bill. I noted in Schedule 20 that anyone who keeps a...
- Deregulation Bill: Second Reading (7 July 2014)
Lord Dubs: ...that these clauses will go through unamended and unaltered because they represent something very important. My second point is quite different, and it is really a sin of omission. It concerns Section 73 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. It is essentially a provision that adversely affects the commercial television companies—that is, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. I...
- Economy: Manufacturing — Motion to Take Note (3 July 2014)
Lord Sheikh: ...encourage the bright thinking that will further promote our manufacturing sector, but we must also protect the ideas that we as a nation produce. In my professional role, I have worked on the insurance of copyrights and patents. I welcomed the Intellectual Property Act, which was introduced by this Government. Output in our manufacturing sector declined sharply in 2008-09 and, after a...
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Copyright: Arts (3 July 2014)
Mike Weatherley: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what assessment his Department has made of the legal proceedings recently instituted in other EU member states against UK-registered companies involved in the copying of design articles derived from artistic work.
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 (3 July 2014)
David Willetts: The Government plans to publish its Impact Assessment and consultation document on the timing of the repeal of section 52 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (i.e. the implementation of section 74 of the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 (“ERRA”)) later this year. Once the consultation process has concluded, the Government intends to introduce the secondary...
- Consumer Rights Bill: Second Reading (1 July 2014)
Lord Clement-Jones: ...Select Committee. However, there are still quite a number of outstanding issues. There is the general question of whether software should be treated as content. Software has its own directive in copyright law—the software directive. The question is therefore whether software should have special provisions in consumer law, and whether those should be reflected in Chapter 3 of Part 1...
- Written Answers — Culture Media and Sport: Film (30 June 2014)
Edward Vaizey: ...following table. However, royalties also include items beyond the sale of international film distribution rights, and cover all income obtained from the use of UK talent such as rights to use franchises, copyrights, licenses, patents and trademarks. Film industry exports £ million 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Royalties 660 582 646 792 935...