People matching ‘andrew percy’
Results 1-20 of 1,055 for andrew percy
- Department of Energy and Climate Change: Government Levies on Energy Bills (3 March 2014) See 5 other results from this debate
Michael Fallon: ...in Northern Ireland and in Wales, too. More than one third of all our support for renewables ends up in Scotland, which has just 9% of the population. My hon. Friend the Member for Brigg and Goole (Andrew Percy) raised again the position of Eggborough. I do not think, because he champions the cause of Eggborough so well, that he fully appreciates that some 16 projects came forward under...
- Estimates Day — [2nd Allotted Day] — Supplementary Estimates 2013-14 — Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Managing Flood Risk (3 March 2014) See 3 other results from this debate
Andrew Percy: My hon. Friend is entirely right about the need for catchment plans, but is there not a fear that, such as with the River Aire catchment plan in my constituency, funding will be factored towards the urban areas because of the formula? There is a perception that the River Aire plan is all about protecting Leeds and not protecting those of us a bit further down the river.
- Business of the House: Parliamentary Representation (27 February 2014) See 12 other results from this debate
Helen Grant: ...to do as much as we can to attract people from different socio-economic backgrounds to enter politics—a point that was made very well indeed by my hon. Friend the Member for Brigg and Goole (Andrew Percy). It is worth noting that Mr Speaker’s parliamentary placement scheme, which is run through the Social Mobility Foundation, is specifically aimed at people from disadvantaged...
- Opposition Day — [Un-allotted day]: Flooding (26 February 2014) See 8 other results from this debate
Dan Rogerson: ...at the Department for Transport with some of her concerns. Hon. Members from along the east coast, including the hon. Members for Kingston upon Hull North (Diana Johnson) and for Brigg and Goole (Andrew Percy), were absolutely right to say that the Government are taking into account the effects on the whole country and that all the measures being put in place to help the recovery will be...
- Iran (Joint Plan of Action) — [Hywel Williams in the Chair] (26 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: I congratulate my hon. Friend on securing the debate. I heard the comments of the hon. Member for Cheltenham (Martin Horwood) regarding a change in behaviour. However, my hon. Friend has just mentioned the Arak heavy water facility, which is perfect for producing weapons-grade plutonium. On 6 February, I asked a question in the House, to which the Minister responded: “we remain...
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Iran (24 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assessment he has made of recent reports that Iran has test fired an advanced long-range ballistic missile with radar-evading capabilities.
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Iran (24 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what recent reports he has received on the development by Iran of a new and more powerful generation of uranium enrichment centrifuges.
- Housing Benefit and Universal Credit in the Social Housing Sector (Regular Payments): Local Government Finance Report (England) 2014-15 (12 February 2014)
Division number 213 See full list of votes (From The Public Whip)Aye Nigel Adams Adam Afriyie Peter Aldous David Amess Stuart Andrew Mr James Arbuthnot Richard Bacon Norman Baker Steve Baker Sir Tony Baldry Harriett Baldwin Stephen Barclay Gregory Barker John Baron Gavin Barwell Guto Bebb Henry Bellingham Jake Berry Andrew Bingham Brian Binley Gordon Birtwistle Nicola Blackwood Crispin Blunt...
- Housing Benefit and Universal Credit in the Social Housing Sector (Regular Payments): Local Government Finance (12 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: On the subject of how councils spend their money, North Lincolnshire council, which has been Conservative-run since 2011, has frozen its council tax for four years despite the funding cuts and despite having less per head than other councils. It has reversed the previous Labour council’s cuts to youth services and increased spending on and the building of new libraries. It is also...
- Housing Benefit and Universal Credit in the Social Housing Sector (Regular Payments): Police (12 February 2014) See 10 other results from this debate
Andrew Percy: It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for North Antrim (Ian Paisley) who, up until his outburst on me, I considered an hon. Friend—I agree with many of his political positions. He said he would go on to speak about policing in Northern Ireland, and I believe I was perfectly entitled to question whether or not that was in order, particularly because I have been sitting in the...
- Housing Benefit and Universal Credit in the Social Housing Sector (Regular Payments) (12 February 2014)
...Edwards Clive Efford Julie Elliott Louise Ellman Natascha Engel Bill Esterson Paul Farrelly Mr Frank Field Jim Fitzpatrick Robert Flello Caroline Flint Hywel Francis George Galloway Mike Gapes Andrew George Stephen Gilbert Sheila Gilmore Mary Glindon Tom Greatrex Lilian Greenwood Nia Griffith Andrew Gwynne Mr Peter Hain David Hamilton Mr David Hanson Ms Harriet Harman Dai Havard John...
- Written Answers — Treasury: Revenue and Customs (12 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what the average holding time was for telephone calls made to HM Revenue and Customs' (HMRC) customer service helpline in each of the last 12 months; what the longest such holding time was; and how many complaints on telephone holding times for the helpline have been made to HMRC in that period.
- Opposition Day — [20th Allotted Day]: Fairness and Inequality (11 February 2014)
...Lucas Angus Brendan MacNeil John McDonnell Margaret Ritchie Angus Robertson Mike Weir Eilidh Whiteford Elfyn Llwyd (teller) Pete Wishart (teller) No Nigel Adams Adam Afriyie David Amess Stuart Andrew Mr James Arbuthnot Richard Bacon Norman Baker Sir Tony Baldry Stephen Barclay Gregory Barker John Baron Guto Bebb Henry Bellingham Richard Benyon Paul Beresford Jake Berry Andrew Bingham Brian...
- Rural Bus Services (North Yorkshire) (10 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: I congratulate my hon. Friend on her fine speech. By making repeated cuts to services—there have been repeated cuts to the 401 service from Selby to Goole in recent years—we make the routes unsustainable in the longer term. The Selby to Goole route is important for local students, but the more services are cut, the less attractive they are to use.
- Children and Families Bill (Programme No. 3): Protection of Children’s Health: Offence of Smoking in a Private Vehicle (10 February 2014) See 3 other results from this debate
...Michael Fabricant Paul Farrelly Tim Farron Mr Frank Field Jim Fitzpatrick Caroline Flint Paul Flynn Yvonne Fovargue Hywel Francis George Freeman Mike Freer Mike Gapes Barry Gardiner Mark Garnier Andrew George Stephen Gilbert Mrs Cheryl Gillan Sheila Gilmore Pat Glass John Glen Mary Glindon Helen Goodman Robert Goodwill Michael Gove Richard Graham Tom Greatrex Kate Green Justine Greening...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education: Flooding (10 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: As I keep reminding the House, when the rivers Aire, Ouse and Trent and the Dutch river and the Humber estuary flooded hundreds of my constituents’ homes in December, due to international events we may not have got the media attention, but at least we avoided becoming a political football. At that time we were very well supported by some very dedicated Environment Agency staff. That...
- Written Answers — Culture Media and Sport: Public Service Broadcasting (10 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what steps her Department is taking to implement section 93 of the European Commission's guidance on Public Sector Broadcasters (PSBs); and what steps she is taking to ensure that an arm’s length principle is applied to all subsidiaries of PSBs.
- Business of the House: Winter Floods (6 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: When hundreds of homes flooded in my constituency in December, it unfortunately coincided with the death of President Mandela and did not get the coverage we are seeing at the moment. I welcome the commitment made today, particularly in relation to Bellwin and the funding measures announced at Snaith of £3.2 million. May I commend to the Secretary of State North Lincolnshire council and...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Transport: HS2 Skills Academy (6 February 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Andrew Percy: What plans he has to set up a High Speed 2 skills academy.
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Iran (6 February 2014)
Andrew Percy: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs pursuant to the answer of 28 January 2014, Official Report, column 472W, on Iran, whether Iran has clarified how it would use plutonium produced at the Arak Heavy Water Research Reactor.