MP for Eastleigh
Mike Thornton (Liberal Democrat)
Results 1-20 of 4,612 for eastleigh
- Written Answers — Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Regional Growth Fund (15 December 2014)
Greg Clark: ... 13,690,000 Doncaster North 1,280,000 1,280,000 Dudley North 700,000 700,000 Easington 12,420,000 6,930,000 East Devon 2,000,000 - East Worthing and Shoreham 3,230,000 3,220,000 Eastleigh 3,130,000 980,000 Ellesmere Port and Neston 4,060,000 - Faversham and Mid Kent 1,000,000 - Forest of Dean 1,120,000 - Garston and Halewood 22,220,000 6,910,000 ...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Infrastructure Bill [Lords] (8 December 2014)
Roberta Blackman-Woods: ...Worsley and Eccles South (Barbara Keeley) and for Warrington North (Helen Jones), the right hon. Member for Arundel and South Downs, my hon. Friend the Member for Stoke-on-Trent North, the hon. Members for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) and for Angus (Mr Weir), my hon. Friend the Member for Wrexham (Ian Lucas), the hon. Member for Castle Point (Rebecca Harris), my hon. Friends the Members...
- Prayers: Tenancies (Reform) Bill (28 November 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Philip Davies: ...Government figures, why does the Minister not accept them? Why are the Government now trying to pretend that a YouGov poll is more important and worthwhile than the official figures that his predecessors used when discussing the matter? The hon. Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) asked earlier this year, on 28 April—
- Prayers: Tenancies (Reform) Bil (28 November 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Mike Thornton: ...and properly their duty: protecting their family from danger in their own house. One of my constituents, Mr Malcolm Parker, came to me with serious concerns about the electrics in his rented house in Eastleigh. He showed me pictures of what looked like a death trap. There was loose and exposed wiring, all in close proximity to water. The problem was evidently not new. If it had been, and...
- Opposition Day: [10th alloted day] — The Economy (26 November 2014)
Steve Brine: ...it is a disappointment if they do not ski at least twice a year, but so that they can live their lives and provide for their families, is what actually matters. The fact that the Government have made it possible for Eastleigh borough council, Winchester city council and Hampshire county council, working together, to freeze council tax over the five-year period is a big deal to my...
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Health Services: Eastleigh (19 November 2014)
Mike Thornton: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will provide funding to support the delivery of more healthcare services from the Moorgreen Hospital site in Eastleigh constituency.
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: A334: Eastleigh (18 November 2014)
Mike Thornton: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will provide funding for the Botley bypass on the A334.
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: Roads: Eastleigh (17 November 2014)
Mike Thornton: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will provide funding for the Chickenhall link road in Eastleigh constituency.
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: Motorways: Noise (10 November 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Mike Thornton: ...to ensure that motorways violating EU noise emissions are resolved within a two-year timescale; and if he will take steps to speed-up the resurfacing work on the areas of M27 between Fareham and Eastleigh.
- Written Answers — Department for Communities and Local Government: Council Housing: Fareham (10 November 2014)
Mike Hancock: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, how many people in the Eastleigh Borough Council area are currently on a council housing waiting list; and how many such people (a) have been on that list for longer than three years, (b) are single persons and (c) have five or more children.
- Business of the House: Backbench Business — UK Drugs Policy (30 October 2014)
Caroline Lucas: Of course I am getting near the end, Mr Deputy Speaker. With that in mind, I shall simply agree with the hon. Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton). The current policy is essentially putting users at greater risk by driving the creation of yet more ways to stay one step ahead of the law and by making research into the harms associated with new substances much more difficult.
- Bill Presented — General Practitioner Surgeries (Rural Areas) Bill: Recall of MPs Bill (21 October 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Tom Brake: ...in no way is she a Westminster grandee, and nor would she have her views pressurised by anyone in this place, be they Whips or anyone else. He also drew some parallels between trusting a jury and trusting the electorate, but my hon. Friend the Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton), who is no longer in his place, intervened to point out that there must be something to answer for before...
- bill presented: Hazaras (Afghanistan and Pakistan) (1 September 2014)
Tobias Ellwood: ...(Dr Whitehead) spoke about the role of Iran and the responsibility of the Pakistani Government to do more and not turn a blind eye to the various incidents taking place. My hon. Friend the Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) spoke about improving knowledge of what is happening with the Hazaras not just in this place but in Britain as a whole. The hon. Member for Bridgend (Mrs Moon) said...
- Opposition Day — [2nd Allotted Day]: Office for Budget Responsibility (Manifesto Audits) (25 June 2014)
David Gauke: ...(Mr Mudie) highlighted the fact that the OBR is an important institution. He objected to members of the Treasury Committee quoting Robert Chote, and then quoted Robert Chote. My hon. Friend the Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) said there is a case for doing what is proposed but that we should wait until after the election, by contrast with the hon. Member for Edinburgh East (Sheila...
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Food: Recycling (23 June 2014)
Dan Rogerson: ... — 265 2,336 Dover District Council — 2,092 3,806 Ealing LB 4,936 5,175 4,715 East Devon District Council 4,571 5,210 4,398 East Lindsey District Council — — 1,281 East Northamptonshire Council — — 2,067 Eastleigh Borough Council 2,425 2,248 2,147 Elmbridge Borough Council 4,004 3,535 3,420 Epsom and Ewell...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Kenya (17 June 2014)
Baroness Warsi: ...the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advised against all but essential travel to: - areas within 60km of the Kenya-Somali border- Kiwayu and coastal areas north of Pate Island- Garissa District- the Eastleigh area of Nairobi- low income areas of Nairobi, including all township or slum areas- Mombasa island and within 5km of the coast from Mtwapa creek in the north down to and including Tiwi...
- Bill Presented — Social Action, Responsibility and Heroism Bill: The Economy and Living Standards (12 June 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Nicky Morgan: ...achievements over the past four years. My hon. Friend the Member for Montgomeryshire (Glyn Davies) talked about the dairy industry in his constituency, and I heard what he had to say. The hon. Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) talked about the increase in the personal allowance. His kind offer to advise the Treasury on the reform of stamp duty has been noted and I am sure that we will...
- Coalition Government: Constitution Committee Report — Motion to Take Note (13 May 2014)
Baroness Grender: ...clarity, particularly for civil servants. Again, the Institute for Government provides useful advice about the need to reach agreement at the top about the rules and that those rules should be published. I conclude with a useful lesson in fighting elections and working together: the example of the Eastleigh by-election. The battle was fierce, but at the same time the parties worked...
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Green Deal Scheme: Sussex (1 May 2014)
Gregory Barker: ... Oldham (Greater Manchester) 6,119,700 Ashfield 1,097,098 Suffolk 5,712,600 Cambridgeshire 7,857,400 Peterborough 3,945,100 Haringey 6,560,012 Bracknell Forest 1,820,714 Eastleigh 3,336,900 Nuneaton 2,084,502 Harrow 1,457,100 Bath 929,300 Total 88,361,353
- Business of the House (No. 1): High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill: Select Committee (29 April 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Cheryl Gillan: ...in the House and our processes. I want to ask what training will be given to the six brave Members of Parliament, whom I certainly congratulate on their appointment to the Committee? The hon. Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) is very new—he came in only in February last year—and I do not know what experience he has of such projects, but I am sure he would benefit from any...