MP for Eastleigh
Mike Thornton (Liberal Democrat)
Results 1-20 of 4,616 for eastleigh
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Health Services: Eastleigh (19 November 2014)
Mike Thornton: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will provide funding to support the delivery of more healthcare services from the Moorgreen Hospital site in Eastleigh constituency.
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: A334: Eastleigh (18 November 2014)
Mike Thornton: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will provide funding for the Botley bypass on the A334.
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: Roads: Eastleigh (17 November 2014)
Mike Thornton: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will provide funding for the Chickenhall link road in Eastleigh constituency.
- Written Answers — Department for Transport: Motorways: Noise (10 November 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Mike Thornton: ...to ensure that motorways violating EU noise emissions are resolved within a two-year timescale; and if he will take steps to speed-up the resurfacing work on the areas of M27 between Fareham and Eastleigh.
- Written Answers — Department for Communities and Local Government: Council Housing: Fareham (10 November 2014)
Mike Hancock: To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, how many people in the Eastleigh Borough Council area are currently on a council housing waiting list; and how many such people (a) have been on that list for longer than three years, (b) are single persons and (c) have five or more children.
- Business of the House: Backbench Business — UK Drugs Policy (30 October 2014)
Caroline Lucas: Of course I am getting near the end, Mr Deputy Speaker. With that in mind, I shall simply agree with the hon. Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton). The current policy is essentially putting users at greater risk by driving the creation of yet more ways to stay one step ahead of the law and by making research into the harms associated with new substances much more difficult.
- Bill Presented — General Practitioner Surgeries (Rural Areas) Bill: Recall of MPs Bill (21 October 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Tom Brake: ...in no way is she a Westminster grandee, and nor would she have her views pressurised by anyone in this place, be they Whips or anyone else. He also drew some parallels between trusting a jury and trusting the electorate, but my hon. Friend the Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton), who is no longer in his place, intervened to point out that there must be something to answer for before...
- bill presented: Hazaras (Afghanistan and Pakistan) (1 September 2014)
Tobias Ellwood: ...(Dr Whitehead) spoke about the role of Iran and the responsibility of the Pakistani Government to do more and not turn a blind eye to the various incidents taking place. My hon. Friend the Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) spoke about improving knowledge of what is happening with the Hazaras not just in this place but in Britain as a whole. The hon. Member for Bridgend (Mrs Moon) said...
- Opposition Day — [2nd Allotted Day]: Office for Budget Responsibility (Manifesto Audits) (25 June 2014)
David Gauke: ...(Mr Mudie) highlighted the fact that the OBR is an important institution. He objected to members of the Treasury Committee quoting Robert Chote, and then quoted Robert Chote. My hon. Friend the Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) said there is a case for doing what is proposed but that we should wait until after the election, by contrast with the hon. Member for Edinburgh East (Sheila...
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Food: Recycling (23 June 2014)
Dan Rogerson: ... — 265 2,336 Dover District Council — 2,092 3,806 Ealing LB 4,936 5,175 4,715 East Devon District Council 4,571 5,210 4,398 East Lindsey District Council — — 1,281 East Northamptonshire Council — — 2,067 Eastleigh Borough Council 2,425 2,248 2,147 Elmbridge Borough Council 4,004 3,535 3,420 Epsom and Ewell...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Kenya (17 June 2014)
Baroness Warsi: ...the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advised against all but essential travel to: - areas within 60km of the Kenya-Somali border- Kiwayu and coastal areas north of Pate Island- Garissa District- the Eastleigh area of Nairobi- low income areas of Nairobi, including all township or slum areas- Mombasa island and within 5km of the coast from Mtwapa creek in the north down to and including Tiwi...
- Bill Presented — Social Action, Responsibility and Heroism Bill: The Economy and Living Standards (12 June 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Nicky Morgan: ...achievements over the past four years. My hon. Friend the Member for Montgomeryshire (Glyn Davies) talked about the dairy industry in his constituency, and I heard what he had to say. The hon. Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) talked about the increase in the personal allowance. His kind offer to advise the Treasury on the reform of stamp duty has been noted and I am sure that we will...
- Coalition Government: Constitution Committee Report — Motion to Take Note (13 May 2014)
Baroness Grender: ...clarity, particularly for civil servants. Again, the Institute for Government provides useful advice about the need to reach agreement at the top about the rules and that those rules should be published. I conclude with a useful lesson in fighting elections and working together: the example of the Eastleigh by-election. The battle was fierce, but at the same time the parties worked...
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Green Deal Scheme: Sussex (1 May 2014)
Gregory Barker: ... Oldham (Greater Manchester) 6,119,700 Ashfield 1,097,098 Suffolk 5,712,600 Cambridgeshire 7,857,400 Peterborough 3,945,100 Haringey 6,560,012 Bracknell Forest 1,820,714 Eastleigh 3,336,900 Nuneaton 2,084,502 Harrow 1,457,100 Bath 929,300 Total 88,361,353
- Business of the House (No. 1): High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill: Select Committee (29 April 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Cheryl Gillan: ...in the House and our processes. I want to ask what training will be given to the six brave Members of Parliament, whom I certainly congratulate on their appointment to the Committee? The hon. Member for Eastleigh (Mike Thornton) is very new—he came in only in February last year—and I do not know what experience he has of such projects, but I am sure he would benefit from any...
- Written Answers — Electoral Commission Committee: Electoral Register (27 March 2014)
Gary Streeter: ...Conwy Coventry Dartford Daventry Denbighshire Derbyshire Dales Dudley Dumfries and Galloway Durham East Dorset East Dunbartonshire East Lindsey East Lothian East Northamptonshire East Renfrewshire Eastleigh Eden Edinburgh, City of Elmbridge Flintshire Forest of Dean Gosport Gravesham Guildford Gwynedd Halton Hambleton Hammersmith and Fulham Harborough Harrogate Hastings Havant...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Jobseeker's Allowance: Disqualification (19 March 2014)
Esther McVey: ..., varied length and entitlement decisions where the decision was found against the claimant. 5. The figure for Hampshire includes the following local authorities: Basingstoke and Deane, East Hampshire, Eastleigh, Fareham, Gosport, Hart, Havant, New Forest, Rushmoor, Test Valley and Winchester. 6. Failure to attend includes: Failure to attend a place on a training scheme or employment...
- Public Bill Committee: Deregulation Bill: Clause 38 - Temporary event notices: increase in maximum number of events per year (13 March 2014) See 1 other result from this clause
Toby Perkins: ...sense that everyone came out of the pubs at the same time and there was a huge number of problems as a result. Over the past 14 or 15 months, I have had the opportunity to go back in time. I was in Eastleigh during the by-election. It is not a night I will forget, because I ended up in conversation with Mr Nigel Farage of the UK Independence party. After that I certainly could have done...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Apprenticeships (6 March 2014)
Mike Thornton: Figures released this week show that every time a local company hires an apprentice their bottom line gets an average boost of £2,100. In Eastleigh, that means that new apprenticeships alone provided a local boost of more than £2 million in 2012-13. Will the Minister join me in praising local businesses in Eastleigh, such as GE Aviation and Arlington Rail, which have a great track...