People matching ‘David Cameron’
Results 1-20 of 1,407 for david cameron
- Recall of MPs Bill: Second Reading (17 December 2014)
Lord Cooper of Windrush: ...subject that has never come up. One of my favourite focus group moments came when, in about the middle of the last Parliament, I asked a group of floating voters which Conservative politician, apart from the then leader of the Opposition, David Cameron, they had noticed making an impact. There was a very long pause and then a woman said confidently, “Ed Miliband”—to which...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (17 December 2014) See 26 other results from this debate
David Cameron: I am sure the whole House will join me in condemning the outrages that have shocked the world in recent days. The siege of the café in Sydney ended in tragedy but was accompanied by heroism so typical of that great nation, and we all grieve with the Australians today. What happened several thousand miles away in a school in Pakistan is utterly heartbreaking: a massacre of the innocents...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Home Insulation (17 December 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
David Cameron: The Government are using a range of measures, including cold weather payments, the warm home discount, and an increase in pensions. We will improve the warmth of 1 million homes by March 2015. That provides real help to older people by taking money off their bills and insulating their homes to ensure that they are able to keep warm this winter.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (17 December 2014)
David Cameron: My right hon. Friend is absolutely right. We have increased spending by £12.7 billion. That translates into a real-terms increase. Scotland and Wales have had the extra money to spend, but Labour in Wales chose to cut the NHS rather than to invest in it, and in Scotland the SNP Government have not translated the full amount of money. That is why, when we look at figures for such things...
- Previous Business – Commons: Select Committee (16 December 2014)
Liaison: Evidence from the Prime Minister: December 2014.
Witnesses: Rt Hon David Cameron MP, Prime Minister
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Alexandra Wilson (15 December 2014)
David Cameron: Once informed of Ms Wilson’s arrest consular staff at the British Embassy in Beijing made repeated representations to the Chinese authorities in China. Representations were also made to the Chinese Embassy in London. Ms Wilson arrived home on 19 November. Consular officials in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office remain in contact with her family.
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Migrant Workers (11 December 2014)
David Cameron: As I explained during my speech, details of a fund to help communities and to be taken forward in the next Parliament will be set out before the General Election.
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Syria (10 December 2014)
David Cameron: The proposed agenda for the European Council on 18-19 December can be found on the european-council.europa.eu website.
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Devolution: Scotland (10 December 2014)
David Cameron: I discussed the Smith Commission with Nicola Sturgeon on 19 November following her election as First Minister of Scotland. I made clear the Government’s commitment to continue to deliver on the vow made by the three pro-UK parties for further powers to the Scottish Parliament and to stick to the clear timetable set out. I look forward to further discussion with the First Ministers of...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (3 December 2014) See 34 other results from this debate
David Cameron: I am sure the whole House will join me in paying tribute to the British embassy staff who were killed and injured in Kabul following the horrific bomb attack last week. Our thoughts are with their families and their friends at this time. We will not allow such inhumanity to deter us from building a stable future for the Afghan people. We have nothing but admiration for the staff of the...
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Religious Freedom (1 December 2014)
David Cameron: I refer the hon. Member to the answer I gave to my hon. Friend the Member for Stafford (Mr Lefroy) at Prime Minister’s Questions on 19 November 2014, Official Report, columns 271-272.
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Radicalism (1 December 2014)
David Cameron: I refer the hon. Member to the answer I gave to him on 9 September 2014, Official Report, column 568W.
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Russia (28 November 2014)
David Lidington: ...across the border and to withdraw all personnel and military equipment it has already delivered. At the G20 Summit in Brisbane, the Prime Minister, my right hon. Friend the Member for Witney (Mr Cameron), joined other international leaders in calling on Russia to respect the Minsk agreements, including the requirement to withdraw illegal armed groups, military equipment and militants and...
- Women and Equalities: Smith Commission (27 November 2014)
Alistair Carmichael: ...have brought that paper with me today. The front page says, “The vow delivers.”Let me draw the House’s attention to the article itself. On page 3, it says that “it’s is now clear that they”— David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband— “have stood behind this agreement to deliver change. Lurid claims to the contrary by some pro-Yes...
- Written Ministerial Statements — Prime Minister: Intelligence Services Commissioner (27 November 2014)
David Cameron: I have today deposited in the Libraries of both Houses a copy of a direction I have given to the Intelligence Services Commissioner, the right hon. Sir Mark Waller, under section 59A of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. This direction puts on a statutory footing the Commissioner’s role overseeing compliance with the consolidated guidance to intelligence officers and...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (26 November 2014) See 35 other results from this debate
David Cameron: This morning, I had meetings with ministerial colleagues and others, and, in addition to my duties in this House, I shall have further such meetings later today.
- EU: UK Membership — Motion to Take Note (25 November 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Lord Rodgers of Quarry Bank: ...Party”. Now, 40 years later, the story has come full circle. The Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, strongly supports Britain’s continuing membership of the European Union and patiently leans towards David Cameron’s problems. But in turn, the Prime Minister lacks the strength to make it clear to the voters that it would be an unqualified disaster—the expression...
- NHS (Ttip): Murder of Lee Rigby (25 November 2014) See 36 other results from this debate
David Cameron: ...to better co-operation between internet companies and the agencies, but more needs to be done, although for obvious reasons I do not want to give a running commentary on each and every one. Finally, the right hon. Gentleman asked about David Anderson. His role is very broad—he can look at the threat, the response, the capability and the important safeguards—and I think he has...
- NHS (Ttip) (25 November 2014)
David Morris: I thank my right hon. Friend for that concise answer. I reiterate the message to the unions, which are sticking up billboards in my constituency, that Cameron and Hunt are not selling off the NHS.
- Previous Business – Commons: Select Committee (20 November 2014)
Liaison: Evidence from the Prime Minister 2014-15.
Witnesses: Rt Hon David Cameron MP, Prime Minister