Results 1-20 of 2,798 for "work programme"
- Women and Equalities: Smith Commission (27 November 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Cathy Jamieson: ...of Mauchline and had his works published in Kilmarnock. Will the Secretary of State confirm that the powers that will now be given, in addition to welfare and taxation, include responsibility for the Work programme? That will give the Scottish Parliament a real opportunity to add to its existing powers in respect of economic development in order to get people back to work, which is what...
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Employment Schemes: Young People (27 November 2014)
Esther McVey: ...additional support worth nearly £1billion to help young unemployed people prepare for work and find a long term sustainable employment, building on the support already available through Jobcentre Plus and the Work Programme. We are on target to deliver an extra 250,000 work experience or sector-based work academy places by March 2015. Apprenticeships play a vital role for many young...
- Written Ministerial Statements — Work and Pensions: Employment and Support Allowance (27 November 2014)
Mark Harper: ...we will run a range of pilots to test additional approaches to supporting ESA claimants. This will include testing more intensive support during the first six months following the completion of the Work programme; voluntary employment-related interventions and occupational health advice for those awaiting a WCA; and testing the impact of the claimant commitment for ESA claimants. In April...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Energy: Prices (27 November 2014)
Baroness Verma: ...in favour of pre-payment meter customers would make direct debit customers worse-off. Ofgem intend to circulate a note from the event to participants within the next week. As part of their ongoing work programme on vulnerability, they are planning a series of workshops to focus on other important issues in the future.
- Opposition Day: Government Policies (Wales) (26 November 2014) See 4 other results from this debate
Alun Cairns: ...dealing with infrastructure, there was a need to reform the benefits system. The historical problems of worklessness in some communities in Wales were another legacy of the previous Labour Administration, but the Work programme is offering new prospects. It has already supported back into work more than 15,000 of those who were furthest away from employment. Universal credit is simplifying...
- Opposition Day: [10th alloted day] — The Economy (26 November 2014)
Christopher Leslie: ...unemployment of any in the country and I will not take any lectures from the hon. Gentleman. The Government have no answer for the 700,000 young people who remain long-term unemployed. They have a Work programme that sends more people back to the jobcentre than it puts back into work—[Interruption.]
- Oral Answers to Questions — Scotland: Income Tax (26 November 2014)
Alistair Carmichael: Implementation of the Scottish rate of income tax is being led by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, and the Work programme includes representatives from HM Treasury, the Scotland Office and Scottish Government. The project is handling the detail of the implementation and operation of the Scottish rate and is on track to make the necessary changes in readiness for April 2016.
- [Mr Dai Havard in the Chair] — Remploy Workers (26 November 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Mark Harper: ...all our constituencies were not benefiting. If that money had carried on being spent, it would have put at risk the Government’s other employment programmes. We have increased the amount being spent on the Access to Work programme, and we are increasing the resources going into both the Work programme for employment and support allowance claimants and Work Choice. If we had not taken...
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Jobseeker's Allowance (26 November 2014)
Esther McVey: DWP delivers a number of programmes which provide work experience placements, such as Mandatory Work Activity, the Work Programme or Help to Work Community Work Placements. All of the department’s employment programmes are supportive initiatives, designed to help unemployed claimants gain skills and help them into work. Paternity leave is an entitlement that is available to people who...
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Work Programme (26 November 2014)
Nicholas Dakin: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, pursuant to the Answer of 15 October 2014 to Question 209437, what the limit is on the transfer fee included in the procurement agreement; and what the costs of that fee are.
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Diabetes (26 November 2014)
George Freeman: ...evidence. Ministers have had no such discussions with NICE on its guidance. NHS England is now responsible for referring new topics for development through NICE’s clinical guideline work programme. We understand that NICE plans to publish an updated clinical guideline on the management of type 2 diabetes in adults in 2015. The scope for this clinical guideline update was...
- Written Ministerial Statements — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Foreign Affairs Council/General Affairs Council (26 November 2014)
David Lidington: ...GAC on its plans for a political declaration setting out the working arrangements between the institutions on inter-institutional legislative planning. The GAC also discussed the priorities being considered for inclusion in the Commission 2015 Annual Work Programme, which are drawn from the strategic agenda agreed at the June European Council and Commission President Juncker’s 10...
- NHS (Ttip): Universal Credit (25 November 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Rachel Reeves: ...as the Government’s flagship welfare reform and has already eaten through more than half a billion pounds of public money. If he cannot give straight answers to straight questions, Members of this House and voters will be forced to conclude that, as with the delays we have seen with disability benefits, the failure of the Work programme and the Youth Contract to help key groups into...
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Access to Work Programme (25 November 2014)
Kate Green: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate he has made of the number of disabled people who have received assistance under the Access to Work scheme in between receiving a job offer and starting work.
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Work Programme: Older People (25 November 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps he is taking to improve the performance of the Work Programme for jobseekers aged over 50.
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Work Programme: East of England (25 November 2014)
Gavin Shuker: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people (a) were eligible for and (b) participated in the Work Programme in each parliamentary constituency in the East of England in each month since October 2012.
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Unemployment: Young People (24 November 2014)
Esther McVey: ...halved. Under the last Government, figures for long term JSA were kept artificially low by “breaking” claims with training allowances. This Government stopped doing that when we introduced the Work Programme, meaning we now have a true measure of the number of young people claiming benefit due to unemployment.
- Written Ministerial Statements — Culture Media and Sport: Education,Youth, Culture and Sport Council (24 November 2014)
Edward Vaizey: ...back on the latest Executive committee and Foundation Board meetings of the World Anti-Doping Agency which took place on 15 - 16 November. Finally there will be a presentation from Latvia on their work programme and priorities for their forthcoming Presidency of the Council, which will run for six months from January 2015.
- Written Ministerial Statements — House of Lords: Education, Youth, Culture and Sport Council (24 November 2014)
Lord Gardiner of Kimble: ...report back on the latest Executive Committee and Foundation Board meetings of the World Anti-Doping Agency which took place on 15 and 16 November. Finally there will be a presentation from Latvia on their work programme and priorities for their forthcoming Presidency of the Council, which will run for six months from January 2015.
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Access to Work Programme (21 November 2014)
Jim Murphy: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether claimants are able to telephone Access to Work programme offices (a) in general and (b) to discuss late payment of monthly wages for their support workers.