Results 1-20 of 2,757 for "work programme"
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Youth Employment (Support) (1 September 2014)
Esther McVey: Young people are offered extra support through the Youth Contract and the Work programme. I am pleased to be able to say that we have seen the largest annual fall in youth unemployment since records began, and the youth claimant count is nearly 188,000 lower than at the 2010 general election. However, we are not complacent. There is more we can do, and we are piloting new schemes for...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Disability Confident Campaign (1 September 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Ian Lavery: The outcomes for people on the Work programme who are unemployed on health grounds are simply abysmal. What will the Minister do about that?
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Topical Questions (1 September 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Alison McGovern: ..., experienced woman, recently told me that when she was made redundant she got barely any help from our local jobcentre. It was therefore no surprise to me to see recent figures showing that the Work programme is getting a job for only one in eight workers over 50. Who is going to fix that—those who are running the Work programme or Ministers?
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Employment Services: Disability (1 September 2014)
Esther McVey: ...in 2010 to support the implementation of the ‘Work Choice' programme as the DEA was the main referral route way. The numbers continued to rise as the flow onto the programme increased. Once the demand slowed, DEA numbers were reduced accordingly. During this period, the Work Programme was also launched which provided dedicated specialist support for customers. In addition the...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Social Security Benefits: Disqualification (1 September 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what progress he is making on reducing the number of incorrectly completed sanction referral forms submitted by Work Programme providers; and if he will make a statement.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (1 September 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the market shift mechanism in the Work Programme.
- Scottish Parliament: Welfare (13 August 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Jackie Baillie: ...a job guarantee scheme for those out of work. We will scrap the hated bedroom tax, transform the work capability assessment, tackle the huge backlog of PIP claims and devolve housing benefit and the work programme to Scotland. What Labour promises, Labour will deliver. What we have been promised by the SNP is vague and uncosted and is likely to amount to hundreds of millions of pounds more...
- Scottish Parliament: Women’s Unemployment (6 August 2014)
Angela Constance: ...powers to get women in this country back to work. I would like this Parliament to have full economic powers in order to have control over things such as Jobcentre Plus, and to rectify the failing work programme.
- Youth Employment — Question (30 July 2014)
Lord Freud: ...measures are designed to do. There has been a real recasting of support for youngsters, whether through training, education or apprenticeships, and we are providing this support for them through the Work Programme, the jobcentres and work experience. We have myriad programmes, and they are actually having an effect. We are now seeing very steep falls. It is not yet good enough but it is...
- Learning Disabilities: Premature Deaths — Question (30 July 2014)
Earl Howe: I take my noble friend’s point. The specific needs of people with learning disabilities are being considered as part of the overall work programme to provide people with online access to their GP practice and GP-held e-record. That is being done in the wider context of the development of a fully comprehensive patient-held record. NHS England plans to hold a meeting later this year to...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Work Programme: Travellers (28 July 2014)
Baroness Whitaker: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, in their draft Child Poverty Strategy 2014–17, what they envisage by “specialist” support for Gypsy and Traveller parents via the Work Programme.
- Child Benefit Entitlement (Disqualification of Non-UK EU Nationals): Backbench Business — Summer Adjournment (22 July 2014)
Barbara Keeley: ..., and that he continues to have unstable angina. Given his medical history, he is not allowed to drive. Despite that, a DWP decision maker put Mr Koppens into the work-related activity group, so that he was required by the local jobcentre to attend an interview. He was referred to the Work programme. Mr Koppens was astonished at that outcome. He felt that the jobcentre was putting pressure...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Employment and Support Allowance (22 July 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many employment and support allowance claimants aged over 50 have been (a) referred to and (b) secured a sustained job outcome from the Work programme; and, of those, how many have secured sustained job outcomes.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (22 July 2014)
Stephen McCabe: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what steps his Department takes to promote the use of IT facilities in public libraries by participants in the Work programme for job search and preparation; and if he will make a statement.
- Bills Presented — Energy (Buildings and Reduction of Fuel Use) Bill: Social Action, Responsibility and Heroism Bill (21 July 2014)
Sadiq Khan: ...to show it would work or would not risk public safety. The Justice Secretary said at the Dispatch Box that he trusted his instinct ahead of hard statistical evidence—the same instinct that brought us the Work programme and that delivered a prison crisis has now brought us SARAH. The Justice Secretary tried to give the impression that there was a problem, and he referred to the impact...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Unemployed People: Mental Health (21 July 2014)
Mark Harper: Many benefit claimants with mental health problems will be referred to, or have access to, a range of support including the Work Programme or specialist disability employment programmes such as Work Choice and Access to Work. The Work Programme Prime and specialist providers’ industry-led expert group led action to build organisational and workforce capability to recognise and address...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Universal Credit (21 July 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people claiming universal credit since April 2013 have been referred to the Work programme.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme: Ayr (21 July 2014)
Sandra Osborne: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people from Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock constituency have secured employment through the Work Programme in each of the last 12 months.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Access to Work Programme (17 July 2014)
Kate Green: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what evaluation his Department has conducted of effects of changes made to the Access to Work scheme since 2010.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (17 July 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the Work Programme for young black men.