Results 1-20 of 2,754 for "work programme"
- Scottish Parliament: Welfare (13 August 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Jackie Baillie: ...a job guarantee scheme for those out of work. We will scrap the hated bedroom tax, transform the work capability assessment, tackle the huge backlog of PIP claims and devolve housing benefit and the work programme to Scotland. What Labour promises, Labour will deliver. What we have been promised by the SNP is vague and uncosted and is likely to amount to hundreds of millions of pounds more...
- Scottish Parliament: Women’s Unemployment (6 August 2014)
Angela Constance: ...powers to get women in this country back to work. I would like this Parliament to have full economic powers in order to have control over things such as Jobcentre Plus, and to rectify the failing work programme.
- Youth Employment — Question (30 July 2014)
Lord Freud: ...measures are designed to do. There has been a real recasting of support for youngsters, whether through training, education or apprenticeships, and we are providing this support for them through the Work Programme, the jobcentres and work experience. We have myriad programmes, and they are actually having an effect. We are now seeing very steep falls. It is not yet good enough but it is...
- Learning Disabilities: Premature Deaths — Question (30 July 2014)
Earl Howe: I take my noble friend’s point. The specific needs of people with learning disabilities are being considered as part of the overall work programme to provide people with online access to their GP practice and GP-held e-record. That is being done in the wider context of the development of a fully comprehensive patient-held record. NHS England plans to hold a meeting later this year to...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Work Programme: Travellers (28 July 2014)
Baroness Whitaker: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, in their draft Child Poverty Strategy 2014–17, what they envisage by “specialist” support for Gypsy and Traveller parents via the Work Programme.
- Child Benefit Entitlement (Disqualification of Non-UK EU Nationals): Backbench Business — Summer Adjournment (22 July 2014)
Barbara Keeley: ..., and that he continues to have unstable angina. Given his medical history, he is not allowed to drive. Despite that, a DWP decision maker put Mr Koppens into the work-related activity group, so that he was required by the local jobcentre to attend an interview. He was referred to the Work programme. Mr Koppens was astonished at that outcome. He felt that the jobcentre was putting pressure...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Employment and Support Allowance (22 July 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many employment and support allowance claimants aged over 50 have been (a) referred to and (b) secured a sustained job outcome from the Work programme; and, of those, how many have secured sustained job outcomes.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (22 July 2014)
Stephen McCabe: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what steps his Department takes to promote the use of IT facilities in public libraries by participants in the Work programme for job search and preparation; and if he will make a statement.
- Bills Presented — Energy (Buildings and Reduction of Fuel Use) Bill: Social Action, Responsibility and Heroism Bill (21 July 2014)
Sadiq Khan: ...to show it would work or would not risk public safety. The Justice Secretary said at the Dispatch Box that he trusted his instinct ahead of hard statistical evidence—the same instinct that brought us the Work programme and that delivered a prison crisis has now brought us SARAH. The Justice Secretary tried to give the impression that there was a problem, and he referred to the impact...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Unemployed People: Mental Health (21 July 2014)
Mark Harper: Many benefit claimants with mental health problems will be referred to, or have access to, a range of support including the Work Programme or specialist disability employment programmes such as Work Choice and Access to Work. The Work Programme Prime and specialist providers’ industry-led expert group led action to build organisational and workforce capability to recognise and address...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Universal Credit (21 July 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people claiming universal credit since April 2013 have been referred to the Work programme.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme: Ayr (21 July 2014)
Sandra Osborne: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people from Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock constituency have secured employment through the Work Programme in each of the last 12 months.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Access to Work Programme (17 July 2014)
Kate Green: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what evaluation his Department has conducted of effects of changes made to the Access to Work scheme since 2010.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (17 July 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the Work Programme for young black men.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (17 July 2014)
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what plans his Department has for officials to canvass customer feedback from Work programme participants; and if he will make a statement.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Access to Work Programme (17 July 2014)
Baroness Thomas of Winchester: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what discussions have taken place between government departments on the promotion of Access to Work, including the Mental Health Support Service, to apprentices and skills providers, and to National Health Service staff.
- Written Ministerial Statements — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Foreign Affairs Council and General Affairs Council (17 July 2014)
David Lidington: ...discuss the outcome of the talks and any necessary follow-up action required by member states. General Affairs Council The General Affairs Council on 23 July is expected to focus on: the Italian presidency work programme; procedure to follow up on European Council conclusions; the Europe 2020 mid-term review; and Lithuania’s accession to the economic and monetary union. Italian...
- Welfare Reform (Cumbria) (16 July 2014)
Esther McVey: .... I get out regularly and speak to people right across the country, many of whom have told me how they had been abandoned on long-term unemployment, but not any more. Many of them have been on the Work programme and they have now got a job. About 5 million people have been through the Work programme and 300,000 have got sustained work. Looking specifically at unemployment in Copeland, the...
- Written Ministerial Statements — Treasury: Ecofin (15 July 2014)
Nicky Morgan: ...banks to resolution funds established under the directive on bank recovery and resolution (BRRD) and the regulation on the single resolution mechanism (SRM). Presentation of the Italian presidency work programme The incoming Italian presidency presented its work programme for economic and financial affairs, and the Council adopted a statement on economic growth and reform. Review of the...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Access to Work Programme (15 July 2014)
Baroness Thomas of Winchester: To ask Her Majesty’s Government when their forthcoming review of Access to Work will be completed; and what its purpose is.