Results 1-20 of 98 for "mandatory work activity"
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Executive Committee Business: Welfare Reform Bill: Consideration Stage (11 February 2015)
Mervyn Storey: ...years for the most serious failures. Those are: failing to apply for a vacancy; failing to accept an offer of work; failing to take part in certain work-placement schemes, such as work experience and mandatory work activity; and losing pay or employment voluntarily or by reason of misconduct. However, as a result of concerns raised by the Social Development Committee and others, I...
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Jobseeker's Allowance (26 November 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Eilidh Whiteford: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what his policy is on jobseeker's allowance claimants undertaking a mandatory work activity or community work placement taking paternity leave.
- Written Answers — Department for Work and Pensions: Employment Schemes (17 November 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Stephen Timms: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people have been referred to mandatory work activity in each month since May 2011.
- [Mr David Crausby in the Chair] — Backbench Business — Youth Employment (15 July 2014)
Pamela Nash: ...to the young people jobcentres aim to serve. In my local area, the jobcentre is struggling to provide the number of work experience placements that are needed, and I will come on to that. Jobcentre work experience has been tainted by mandatory work activity. I appreciate that mandatory work activity is a different policy from work experience for young people, but the bad press has caused...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Jobcentre Plus: Scotland (2 December 2013)
Esther McVey: ...to jobseeker's allowance sanctions for failure to participate in DWP's back to work schemes under the Jobseeker's Allowance (Employment, Skills and Enterprise Scheme) Regulations 2011 and in the Mandatory Work Activity scheme which were delayed as a result of the Reilly v. the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions judicial review. As a result of the High Court and Court of Appeal...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Employment Schemes (22 October 2013)
Esther McVey: ...and public sectors Jobcentre Plus Support Contract Delivered through private sector contracts Work programmes Community Action Programme Delivered through private sector contracts Innovation Fund (1)— Mandatory Work Activity (1)— Residential Training Colleges (1)— Work Choice (1)— Work...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (10 July 2013)
Luciana Berger: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what steps his Department has taken to ensure appropriate health and safety provisions are made for all work undertaken as part of the mandatory work activity programme.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Unemployment: West Midlands (27 June 2013)
Mark Hoban: ...or the Work programme, and financial incentives to take on young apprentices. Where Jobcentre Plus advisers feel that a person would benefit from a short period of activity, they can refer them to a Mandatory Work Activity placement that lasts for four weeks focused on delivering benefit to the local community. In-work support for 18 to 24-year-olds is offered in Birmingham. This is...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Atos Healthcare (11 June 2013)
Mark Hoban: ...Service (Lot 3) 31 July 2012 30 July 2017 183,894,556 Occupational Health 4 August 2008 2 August 2013 12,000,000 enGage Government Gateway 1 March 2006 31 March 2014 200,000,000 Mandatory Work Activity 30 July 2012 31 March 2015 3,112,164
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Employment Schemes: Disability (5 June 2013) See 1 other result from this answer
Anas Sarwar: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many disabled people in Glasgow Central constituency have taken part in mandatory work activity in each of the last 12 months.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Employment Schemes: Scotland (22 April 2013) See 1 other result from this answer
Stewart Hosie: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people in Scotland were involved in the Mandatory Work Activity benefit scheme in each of the last five years for which figures are available; and what the average number of working days worked was.
- Jobseekers (Back to Work Schemes) Bill — Committee (and remaining stages) (25 March 2013) See 3 other results from this debate
...of this Act coming into force, the Secretary of State will issue guidance on the way in which claimants may be entitled to mitigate any penalty imposed upon them under the 2011 Regulations or the Mandatory Work Activity Regulations following the coming into force of this Act."
- Jobseekers (Back to Work Schemes) Bill — Second Reading (21 March 2013) See 1 other result from this debate
Lord McKenzie of Luton: ...different standards should apply when benefit recipients are involved? For the avoidance of doubt, I should make it clear that we do not in principle oppose such schemes as the Work Programme or mandatory work activity and, indeed, we would have been responsible for some of the primary legislation which underpins the regulations in point, but we strongly criticise how the Government have...
- Jobseekers (Back to Work Schemes) Bill: New Clause 1 — Report (19 March 2013) See 1 other result from this debate
Mark Hoban: ...ESE—employment, skills and enterprise—regulation schemes, 55,000 for not complying with training requirements or for not carrying out a jobcentre’s direction or for a failure to participate in mandatory work activity. The reason there is a range in the impact assessment is that we were trying to be helpful to the Committee. We used a combination of official statistics and...
- Jobseekers (Back to Work Schemes) Bill: Clause 1 — Regulations and notices requiring participation in a scheme (19 March 2013)
Mark Hoban: ...decision to sanction their benefit will remain unchanged in all other matters. The clause sets out that any decision to sanction a claimant for failure to comply with the employment support allowance regulations or the mandatory work activity regulations cannot be challenged on the ground that the regulations are invalid or that the notices given under them are inadequate, notwithstanding...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Justice: Jobseekers (Back to Work Schemes) Bill (19 March 2013) See 11 other results from this debate
Liam Byrne: ...subscribe to, or agree with, the programmes that it has built on those foundations. We heard from the right hon. Member for Bermondsey and Old Southwark that the programmes now in place, not least the mandatory work activity, are seriously flawed, are malfunctioning and are not getting people back to work, especially in those communities where unemployment is at its worst. We will continue...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Social Security Benefits (27 February 2013)
Mark Hoban: In answer to part (a) the information is as follows: Number of benefit claimants referred to the Work programme, mandatory work activity and community action programme and the number of benefit claimants that started work experience and sector-based work academies Work placement scheme Number Claimants referred Mandatory Work Activity (May 2011 to August 2012) 68,430 ...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Capability Assessment (29 January 2013)
Mark Hoban: ... Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service (Lot 1) 31 July 2012 30 July 2017 0 Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service (Lot 3) 31 July 2012 30 July 2017 0 Mandatory Work Activity 30 July 2012 31 March 2015 0 The following data on appeals relates to claimants appealing a fit for work decision following the initial work capability assessment on...
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Atos Healthcare (28 January 2013)
Mark Hoban: ...opportunity following the redaction of commercially sensitive items: Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service—Lot 1 Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service—Lot 3 Mandatory Work Activity Occupational Health enGage. A redacted copy of the Medical Services Contract between the Department and Atos Healthcare is already available in the Library.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Employment Schemes: Disability (28 January 2013)
Mark Hoban: Disabled people may access employment support through various Jobcentre Plus programmes including Get Britain Working Measures, Mandatory Work Activity and Skills Conditionality, as well as the Work Programme and Work Choice. There were 9,210 Work Experience starts for disabled people during the period January 2011 to May 2012 There were 3,460 New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) mentor starts for...