Results 1-20 of 2,126 for "stewart stevenson"
- Scottish Parliament: Scotland’s Voice in the European Union (22 April 2014) See 5 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: Will Patricia Ferguson take an intervention?
- Scottish Parliament: Defective and Dangerous Buildings (Recovery of Expenses) (Scotland) Bill: Stage 1 (3 April 2014)
David Stewart: ...equity or an unclear title. The line about raiders of the lost titles, which I think John Wilson coined, was a good one, and legal assessment is required on that point. I agree with John Wilson about the worries about offshore ownership. I think that Stewart Stevenson spoke to the committee on that point. I would like to see repayment periods being relative to the amount of funds...
- Scottish Parliament: Scotland: A Good Global Citizen (1 April 2014) See 6 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: It may have been a slip of the tongue, but I heard the member say that the UK has embassies in 250 countries. Will he give us the names of three of those beyond the 193 members of the United Nations?
- Scottish Parliament: Open-source Software (27 March 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: 4. To ask the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body what consideration it has given to making greater use of open-source software. (S4O-03048)
- Scottish Parliament: Scotland’s Finances (26 March 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: I wonder whether the member can give us figures for the UK for the years that he is talking about.
- Scottish Parliament: Poverty (Scotland’s Outlook Campaign) (26 March 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: We in the Scottish Parliament and members in Parliaments across the world should remember that we are immensely privileged: we are privileged to be parliamentarians and we are economically privileged. Very few of us will think about the amount of money that we have at our disposal when we undertake any of our day-to-day expenditure. We will be constrained simply by the fact that we do not...
- Scottish Parliament: Young and Novice Drivers and Graduated Driver Licensing (25 March 2014) See 6 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: I declare an interest: I am a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists. I first took my IAM test in 1972, and I took it again more recently, in 2008. The IAM’s credo is: “We passionately believe that our roads can be made a safer place by improving the standards of the people who are using them.” That is a good place for this debate to be and every contributor so far...
- Scottish Parliament: National Planning Framework 3 and Scottish Planning Policy (18 March 2014)
Stewart Stevenson: I am very pleased to use my local constituency as a window on to this important Government proposal. Top of my list must be energy and the impact of proposal 3, which relates to carbon capture and storage. Peterhead, which is referred to as Boddam on page 51 of the NPF document, can make three significant contributions to Scotland and beyond. First, as an intermediate technology, carbon...
- Scottish Parliament: Down’s Syndrome Awareness Week (18 March 2014)
Stewart Stevenson: I add my congratulations to John Wilson on creating the opportunity for us to debate this important subject. It is particularly interesting that, when I was a youngster, if someone was a Down’s child they were institutionalised or they stayed with their family; they were written off at the outset. The assumption was that there was nothing there worth worrying about. Now, in the modern...
- Scottish Parliament: Welfare Reform (13 March 2014) See 3 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: Will the member give way?
- Scottish Parliament: District Heating and Decarbonising Heating (6 March 2014) See 6 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: After being encouraged to reach page 17, will Murdo Fraser agree, for those who are listening to his peroration, that simply to refer to the facts of the change in the market for gas that comes from shale is not necessarily to commend it?
- Scottish Parliament: NHS Scotland (2020 Vision) (5 March 2014) See 4 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: I started my employment in computers in the 1960s, and have spent an awful lot of money on technology over the years, but I come to this debate not as an evangelist but as an iconoclast, and I will disagree with a vast amount of what has been said—I hope in a constructive way. I will start with something on which I suspect members will agree. Let us imagine a person called Shona, who...
- Scottish Parliament: Scotland Act 2012 (Tax Avoidance) (26 February 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: 3. To ask the Scottish Government how it will tackle avoidance of the taxes devolved under the Scotland Act 2012. (S4O-02929)
- Scottish Parliament: Procurement Reform (Scotland) Bill: Stage 1 (20 February 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: As I represent the biggest fishing-dependent constituency, I am very familiar with the concept of sustainability. I am also very encouraged that the bill’s provisions are likely to lead to improved opportunities for employment, particularly for young people, through the embedding of apprenticeship requirements. There is much in the bill to be encouraging about. We have heard a bit of...
- Scottish Parliament: St Ninian Ways (18 February 2014)
Stewart Stevenson: I congratulate Aileen McLeod on bringing the debate to the chamber. Members’ business debates are often occasions on which we get drawn to something about which we knew almost nothing. Of course, it is quite appropriate that Aileen McLeod should be the member who brings this debate to the chamber, since it was George MacLeod who reinstated Iona as a place of pilgrimage for St Columba....
- Scottish Parliament: British Embassies (Scotland’s Interests) (5 February 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: 6. To ask the Scottish Government what it considers the role of British embassies should be in promoting Scotland’s interests. (S4O-02882)
- Scottish Parliament: Melbourne Declaration on Diabetes (30 January 2014)
Stewart Stevenson: I congratulate David Stewart on securing this important debate. I join others in congratulating the International Diabetes Federation on organising the global parliamentary champions for diabetes forum, which was held in Melbourne last year. I understand that parliamentarians from 90 countries have signed a commitment to establish a parliamentarians for diabetes global network. Diabetes is,...
- Scottish Parliament: Common Agricultural Policy (29 January 2014) See 8 other results from this debate
Stewart Stevenson: I understand why the member is focusing on the move from historical to area-based payments, but is she also cognisant of the need to support production?
- Scottish Parliament: Committee Substitutes (29 January 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Tricia Marwick: The next item of business is consideration of motion S4M-08832, in the name of Stewart Stevenson, on committee substitutes. I call Stewart Stevenson to move and speak to the motion on behalf of the Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee.
- Scottish Parliament: Presiding Officer and Deputy Presiding Officer Elections (29 January 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Tricia Marwick: The next item of business is consideration of motion S4M-08833, in the name of Stewart Stevenson, on Presiding Officer and Deputy Presiding Officer elections. I call Stewart Stevenson to move the motion on behalf of the Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee.