Results 1-9 of 9 for elektron
Did you mean: "electron"?
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Elektron Instruments: Redundancy (11 November 2009)
Adrian Sanders: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what assistance her Department is giving to employees at risk of redundancy at Elektron Instruments Limited in Torquay.
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Radioactive Waste (17 June 2003)
Mr Elliot Morley: ...containment status Cowpen Bewley Billingham, Cleveland No engineered containment (unlined), excavated in clay Hilts Quarry Crich, Derbyshire No engineered containment (unlined) Magnesium Elektron Swinton Swinton, Greater Manchester No engineered containment (unlined) Vickers Waste Ponds Walney Island, Cumbria No engineered containment (unlined) Braziers Landfill...
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Nuclear Waste (29 April 2003)
Mr Michael Meacher: ... Engineered containment (lined) Asham Quarry Beddingham, East Sussex Engineered containment (lined) Hilts Quarry Crich, Derbyshire No engineered containment (unlined) Magnesium Elektron Swinton Swinton, Greater Manchester No engineered containment (unlined) Vickers Waste Ponds Walney Island, Cumbria No engineered containment (unlined) Braziers Landfill Hertfordshire...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Trade and Commerce: Magnesium Factory, Burnley (Use) (20 March 1952)
Mr Wilfrid Burke: asked the Secretary for Overseas Trade, as representing the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, if, in order to relieve unemployment in Burnley, he will put into use the Magnesium Elektron factory at Lowerhouse which the Government built at a cost of over £4 million, during the war and which is now standing idle.
- Orders of the Day — Monopoly (Inquiry and Control) Bill: Clause 17. — (Interpretation.) (29 June 1948)
Sir Eric Fletcher: ...be considerably reduced. But I.C.I. are vitally interested in caustic soda. They took alarm and according to the report Lord McGowan himself intervened to stop the proposed arrangements with Mr. Dennis. They told Magnesium Elektron his scheme would not work, because I.C.I. were determined that no new company should, to quote the official report, go into the caustic soda market." I.C.I....
- Oral Answers to Questions — Civil Aviation: Magnesium Factory, North-West Area (24 January 1945)
Sir Stafford Cripps: ...my hon. Friend refers is State-owned, and cost £4,350,000. Production commenced in April, 1943, and was discontinued at the end of 1944. The factory was managed, on an agency basis, by Magnesium Elektron, Limited, whose shares are partly held by I.C.I., Limited; but neither company has any direct interest in the factory. As regards the last part of the Question, consideration is being...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Aircraft Production: Caustic Soda (27 September 1944)
Sir Walter Liddall: asked the Minister of Aircraft Production whether his attention has been drawn to the fact that, not far from the works of Magnesium Elektron, Ltd., which is running waste caustic soda out to sea from a pipeline, which cost £86,000, there is a paper mill which uses approximately the same amount of caustic soda; and what steps he proposes to take to prevent the continuance of this waste.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Caustic Soda (Magnesium Elektron, LTD.) (3 May 1944)
Oral Answers to Questions — Caustic Soda (Magnesium Elektron, LTD.)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Questions to Ministers (2 May 1944)
...of Mr. ELLIS SMITH: 17. "To ask the President of the Board of Trade if his attention has been directed to the revelations in the case of Thompson, His Majesty's Inspector of Taxes, versus Magnesium Elektron, Limited, and the restrictions contained in an agreement made between Magnesium Elektron, Limited, and I.C.I., providing that the former company should not sell caustic soda and other...