Results 1-20 of 507 for delta
- Written Answers — International Development: Nigeria (8 July 2014)
Justine Greening: ...and to improve co-ordination within and between state agencies and local populations. The programme operates a grants fund for civil society organisations in priority states in the North, Middle Belt and the Delta.
- Written Answers — International Development: Egypt (1 July 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Jim Shannon: To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what steps she plans to take in conjunction with the Egyptian government to develop the Nile delta for the production of food.
- [John Robertson in the Chair] — Washwood Heath Marshalling Yard (18 June 2014)
Khalid Mahmood: ...for too long nationally. Other cities have prospered that, with all due respect, do not have the facilities and skills that Birmingham has had traditionally. I can declare that because I trained at Delta Metals when I was a lot younger than I am now. I went through an apprenticeship, and it was a great place for manufacturing and engineering, which allowed me to progress. It is important...
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Oral Answers to Questions: Glen 10 Master Plan (3 June 2014)
Arlene Foster: ...a proposition that will attract jobs to that area and encourage those local employers to look for more jobs and to expand. In that regard, I was very pleased to be in west Belfast back in March with Delta Print and Packaging to announce 100 new very good jobs for the area. Of course, Caterpillar also put 200 new jobs in there last year. We will continue to work with the...
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Nigeria (13 May 2014)
Mark Simmonds: ...regular contact with religious and ethnic community leaders across Nigeria. We recognise there are tensions in many parts of the country, including in the north-east, middle belt and the Niger Delta. Recent attacks by Boko Haram have been indiscriminate, but it is almost certain that these attacks have killed more Muslims than Christians. We recognise the underlying issues of poverty and...
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Private Members' Business: Protestant Working-class Boys: Underachievement (6 May 2014)
Sean Rogers: ...recognised that an important centre of early education is home experience. I recognise that many parents need help with parenting. I have witnessed some excellent parenting programmes through Sure Start, but such programmes need to be more widely available. Developing everyone's learning and thinking ability (DELTA) is another great programme that many schools use. ...
- Speaker’s Statement: High Speed Rail (London – West Midlands) Bill (28 April 2014)
Dan Byles: ...ordinary people’s lives up and down the country outweigh the limited and unbalanced benefits that HS2 might bring. My constituency of North Warwickshire is particularly badly affected. We have the delta junction into Birmingham and the Y junction and we are affected by both phase 1 and phase 2. The property market is completely frozen along the route, trapping many people in houses...
- Written Answers — Health: Sexual Assault Referral Centres (28 April 2014)
Jane Ellison: ...NG5 ODW Plymouth Twelves Company 37 The Millfields Plymouth PL1 3JB Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Cobridge Health Centre Church Terrace Cobridge Stoke-on-Trent Staffordshire ST6 2JU Suffolk The Ferns Unit 10 & 10A Delta Terrace West Road Ransomes Europark Ipswich IP3 9FH Surrey The Solace Centre Cobham Community Hospital 168 Portsmouth Road Cobham Surrey KT11 1HS Sussex The Saturn...
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Executive Committee Business : New Clause (25 February 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Sammy Wilson: Will the Member then accept that the logic of her argument is that, for example, Delta Print and Packaging, which operates in west Belfast —
- European Union (Referendum) Bill — Committee (2nd Day) (31 January 2014)
Lord Turnbull: ...impact assessment called for in Amendment 9 be established. Having set up these scenarios, the pros and cons of each can be compared and the balance of advantage struck in what, in the current jargon, would be called the delta. But the information required by voters cannot simply be left to laissez-faire; much of it can come only from the Government, who would be left with the task of...
- Written Answers — Defence: Nigeria (28 January 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Pauline Latham: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what progress his Department has made on providing support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in tackling oil theft in the Niger delta.
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Nigeria (27 January 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Pauline Latham: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assessment his Department has made of the threat to regional stability from oil theft in the Niger delta.
- Public Bill Committee: Care Bill [Lords]: Clause 49 - Temporary duty on local authority (21 January 2014)
Liz Kendall: ...floated Southern Cross on the stock market and sold it for a profit of £500 million, tripling its original investment of £160 million. It also sold Nursing Home Properties to an investment fund, Three Delta. Southern Cross, and Blackstone when it was involved, had assumed that the fees from councils would keep on rising but when council funding started to be squeezed after the...
- Written Answers — Justice: Probation: Private Sector (16 December 2013)
Jeremy Corbyn: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice (1) whether GEO has been approved for the purposes of competitive tendering for probation services in England and Wales; (2) whether Delta has been approved for the purposes of competitive tendering for probation services in England and Wales; (3) whether Stonham Home Housing Group has been approved for the purposes of competitive tendering for...
- Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill — Third Reading (9 December 2013)
Lord Watson of Invergowrie: ...of a former Goldman Sachs banker who was sentenced to four and a half years for laundering £8 million on behalf of James Ibori, the former governor of Nigeria’s oil-producing state of Delta. Mr Ibori has himself been in prison since April of last year, having received a 13-year sentence after pleading guilty to various counts of fraud and money-laundering. He is the most senior...
- United Kingdom and China — Motion to Take Note (7 November 2013)
Lord Dobbs: ...School of Law and Diplomacy in the 1970s when China was in the throes of the Maoist madness that killed, murdered and even starved to death tens of millions of Chinese. China today is unrecognisable as that delta of misery which flooded into the Yellow Sea. The first thing I do, therefore, is offer my unstinting congratulations to the people and the Government of China for the enormous...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Banks: Co-operative Bank (30 October 2013)
Lord Myners: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they or the regulators are monitoring the change of the fair-value versus carrying-value (after provisions) delta on the customer loan book of the Co-operative Bank; and whether they and the regulators continue to have confidence in the liability management proposals put forward for that bank.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Railways: High Speed 2 (28 October 2013)
Baroness Kramer: ... Atkins Ltd Autodesk Axis12 Bircham Dyson Bell Blom Aerofilms Booz Temple Capita Symonds CBRE CHM2 Hill CJ Associates Colliers Davis Langdon Deloitte LLP Delta 7 Design Triangle Dialogue by Design Environmental Resources Management Ltd Eversheds Exitech Funkwerk GVA Ipsos Mori KPMG M4C Media MHP Communications ...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Nigeria (14 October 2013)
Lord Ashcroft: ...’s Government which companies invested in by CDC, the Development Finance Initiative owned by the Department for International Development, were connected to James Ibori, the former Governor of Delta State in Nigeria.
- Oral Answers to Questions — International Development: Bangladesh (17 July 2013)
Philip Hollobone: What is the total size of our aid assistance to Bangladesh and how much of it goes on ameliorating the appalling environmental conditions, given that Bangladesh is situated on the Delta?