Results 1-20 of 496 for delta
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Executive Committee Business : New Clause (25 February 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Sammy Wilson: Will the Member then accept that the logic of her argument is that, for example, Delta Print and Packaging, which operates in west Belfast —
- European Union (Referendum) Bill — Committee (2nd Day) (31 January 2014)
Lord Turnbull: ...for in Amendment 9 be established. Having set up these scenarios, the pros and cons of each can be compared and the balance of advantage struck in what, in the current jargon, would be called the delta. But the information required by voters cannot simply be left to laissez-faire; much of it can come only from the Government, who would be left with the task of negotiating the divorce...
- Written Answers — Defence: Nigeria (28 January 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Pauline Latham: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what progress his Department has made on providing support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in tackling oil theft in the Niger delta.
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Nigeria (27 January 2014) See 1 other result from this answer
Pauline Latham: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assessment his Department has made of the threat to regional stability from oil theft in the Niger delta.
- Public Bill Committee: Care Bill [Lords]: Clause 49 - Temporary duty on local authority (21 January 2014)
Liz Kendall: ...Southern Cross on the stock market and sold it for a profit of £500 million, tripling its original investment of £160 million. It also sold Nursing Home Properties to an investment fund, Three Delta. Southern Cross, and Blackstone when it was involved, had assumed that the fees from councils would keep on rising but when council funding started to be squeezed after the credit...
- Written Answers — Justice: Probation: Private Sector (16 December 2013)
Jeremy Corbyn: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice (1) whether GEO has been approved for the purposes of competitive tendering for probation services in England and Wales; (2) whether Delta has been approved for the purposes of competitive tendering for probation services in England and Wales; (3) whether Stonham Home Housing Group has been approved for the purposes of competitive tendering for...
- Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill — Third Reading (9 December 2013)
Lord Watson of Invergowrie: ...of a former Goldman Sachs banker who was sentenced to four and a half years for laundering £8 million on behalf of James Ibori, the former governor of Nigeria’s oil-producing state of Delta. Mr Ibori has himself been in prison since April of last year, having received a 13-year sentence after pleading guilty to various counts of fraud and money-laundering. He is the most senior...
- United Kingdom and China — Motion to Take Note (7 November 2013)
Lord Dobbs: ...Law and Diplomacy in the 1970s when China was in the throes of the Maoist madness that killed, murdered and even starved to death tens of millions of Chinese. China today is unrecognisable as that delta of misery which flooded into the Yellow Sea. The first thing I do, therefore, is offer my unstinting congratulations to the people and the Government of China for the enormous strides that...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Banks: Co-operative Bank (30 October 2013)
Lord Myners: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they or the regulators are monitoring the change of the fair-value versus carrying-value (after provisions) delta on the customer loan book of the Co-operative Bank; and whether they and the regulators continue to have confidence in the liability management proposals put forward for that bank.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Railways: High Speed 2 (28 October 2013)
Baroness Kramer: ... Atkins Ltd Autodesk Axis12 Bircham Dyson Bell Blom Aerofilms Booz Temple Capita Symonds CBRE CHM2 Hill CJ Associates Colliers Davis Langdon Deloitte LLP Delta 7 Design Triangle Dialogue by Design Environmental Resources Management Ltd Eversheds Exitech Funkwerk GVA Ipsos Mori KPMG M4C Media MHP Communications ...
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Nigeria (14 October 2013)
Lord Ashcroft: ...8217;s Government which companies invested in by CDC, the Development Finance Initiative owned by the Department for International Development, were connected to James Ibori, the former Governor of Delta State in Nigeria.
- Oral Answers to Questions — International Development: Bangladesh (17 July 2013)
Philip Hollobone: What is the total size of our aid assistance to Bangladesh and how much of it goes on ameliorating the appalling environmental conditions, given that Bangladesh is situated on the Delta?
- Public Bill Committee: High Speed Rail (Preparation) Bill: Examination of Witnesses (11 July 2013)
...become something real on the ground, we are already starting to see regeneration occur in a broader way than perhaps we had anticipated. So we commissioned some independent work that asked: what was the delta that was being created by Crossrail to the rest of London as a consequence of it being there by 2020? The bottom line of that is that our calculations in support of the £42...
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Executive Committee Business: CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme Order 2013 (16 April 2013)
Alex Attwood: ...the enumerator of more competitive business. That is the broader agenda that is touched on in the contributions to this order, and it is the broader agenda that our Government and the DOE, in my view, have to lead, push and sponsor. If you look at best practice in energy efficiency in the North and consider companies such as Bombardier, Delta Print and Packaging and a number...
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Nigeria (11 March 2013) See 1 other result from this answer
Zac Goldsmith: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will discuss with Shell the clean-up and decontamination of that company's oil spill sites in the Niger Delta.
- Tackling Corruption (11 December 2012)
Chloe Smith: ...with the process. The UK targets foreign and corrupt officials who launder the proceeds of corruption and bribery through our country, and I will give an example. James Ibori, the former Governor of Delta state in Nigeria, became one of its richest men by embezzlement. Following a British police investigation, he was sentenced to 13 years in jail, which sends a clear message to those who...
- Public Bill Committee: HGV Road User Levy Bill: Examination of Witnesses (4 December 2012)
.... You need to have cameras checking them as they come back to the main ports in the UK, to clock up how many days they have been here and how many days they have paid for and to see if there is a delta between the two. It would be quite easy to come in and buy a one-day pass and be here for a week.
- Overseas Aid (UK-based Consultants) — [Mr George Howarth in the Chair] (20 November 2012)
Diane Abbott: ...in Zimbabwe in August 2011. Last year, the highest-paid director in Oxford Policy Management, which runs the DFID oil sector transparency initiative—I wonder if they have heard about that in the Nigerian delta—and several other programmes, earned £125,000, up 25% in a year. No one says that people working for such companies should not get a living wage, to coin a phrase,...
- Charitable Registration — [Jim Dobbin in the Chair] (13 November 2012)
Fiona Bruce: ...a Christian, by his own admission, and he works for one of the several Plymouth Brethren businesses in my constituency. His name is Glyn Rushton, he is happy to go on the record and he works with Delta Balustrades, where he is a production manager. He got his job through the jobcentre in 2005 and he has the utmost respect for the Brethren, describing them as model employers: “I would...
- High Speed 2 (Heathrow) — [Dr William McCrea in the Chair] (17 July 2012)
Theresa Villiers: ...be delighted to do so, but as I said, I will come in a moment to the timing of the next steps on phase 2 and the spur. I assure my hon. Friend that the spur is planned to have what is known as a delta junction, which could enable trains to run from Heathrow on to HS1, and possibly on to European destinations, when the spur is built. On the timetable, the Government have asked HS2 Ltd to...