Results 1-10 of 10 for sajid javid broadband
Did you mean: said david "broadband"?
- Superfast Broadband — [Mark Pritchard in the Chair] (24 June 2015)
Albert Owen: ...the United Kingdom. He is a close neighbour of mine and there are issues with the roll-out in his constituency, but I want to concentrate on the second-class service in peripheral areas, not only in broadband, but in mobile connectivity. Broadband connectivity is essential for competition, enterprise and accessing public services. Limited and slow access to broadband in peripheral areas is...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport: Superfast Broadband (26 February 2015) See 3 other results from this debate
Sajid Javid: Ninety-five per cent. of the UK will have access to superfast broadband by 2017. I have placed our estimate of coverage by constituency in the House of Commons Library.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport: Mobile Networks and Broadband (Northumberland) (27 November 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Sajid Javid: ...with Ofcom to identify gaps in mobile coverage, and I have consulted on potential measures to tackle patchy coverage. In addition, the Government have allocated £9.5 million to increase superfast broadband coverage in Northumberland to almost 90% by 2016.
- Written Answers — Women and Equalities: Domestic Visits (12 September 2014)
Jo Swinson: ...motivate more girls to continue to study maths and physics. 13/5/14 Google Campus for Mums, Shoreditch, London To announce a new £1million challenge fund to help female entrepreneurs benefit from superfast broadband. 05/06/14 Paris Attended a Conference to explore practical strategies and best practices in accelerating women’s economic progress worldwide Helen Grant MP...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport: Superfast Broadband (3 July 2014) See 3 other results from this debate
Sajid Javid: The Government’s broadband programme will provide superfast broadband to 95% of UK premises by 2017. In February 2014 we announced nearly £3 million in further grant funding to support superfast coverage in Cornwall.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport: Rural Broadband (1 May 2014) See 6 other results from this debate
Sajid Javid: The Government’s broadband programme will increase superfast broadband coverage to 95% of UK premises by 2017. The programme has already delivered superfast broadband to more than 500,000 premises. A further 20,000 premises are gaining availability per week and that number is set to rise to 40,000 per week by the summer.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport: Topical Questions (1 May 2014)
Sajid Javid: ...extending sporting and cultural opportunities to as many people as possible, promoting the creative industries, encouraging both international and domestic tourism and delivering a transformation of broadband.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Debt (12 March 2013)
Sajid Javid: ...;s plans, independent assessments show that the country would be borrowing £200 billion more: more debt, more deficit. As we bring the deficit under control we will be able to invest in things such as broadband plans in Swansea and help growth in this country.
- Infrastructure (Financial Assistance) Bill (17 September 2012)
Sajid Javid: ...18 billion in retail investment in the spending review and a further £9.4 billion of infrastructure enhancements in the summer. In the Budget, we announced that there will be 10 super-connected cities across the UK that will enjoy ultra-fast broadband and high-speed wireless connectivity. On top of that immense investment, we now propose to unlock potentially billions of pounds of...
- Written Answers — Culture Media and Sport: Broadband (9 February 2011)
Sajid Javid: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport if he will assess the merits of taking steps to assist local authorities in the provision of universal wireless broadband access.