Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Birds answered 18 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the numbers of hen harriers on special protection areas (SPA) is designated if a hen harrier interest is (a) static, (b) increasing or (c) declining and what the trend is for each such SPA.
- Alcohol Misuse answered 21 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive what assessment it has made since May 2007 of the incidence and prevalence of alcohol-related brain damage.
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what surveys have been carried out on passenger satisfaction on buses in the Moodiesburn area.
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive how many bus routes served the Moodiesburn area on 31 January 2010.
- Scottish Government Staff answered 16 March 2011
Jackie Baillie (Dumbarton) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive how many civil servants are employed by its health directorate, broken down by pay scale.
- Renewable Energy answered 21 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive for what reason it decided to put the whole of the forest estate out to tender at the same time.
- Emergency Services answered 16 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson (Mid Scotland and Fife) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive how many accident and emergency units it expects will have consultant doctors available for 24 hours per day by 2015.
- Prison Service answered 17 March 2011
Richard Baker: To ask the Scottish Executive what proportion of prisoners (a) was assessed as having a drug addiction and (b) received support for this in prison in 2010, broken down by prison.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Data Legislation Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what consultation it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the implementation of legislation relating to data laws. (S4O-03496)
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 9 speeches
- 7. To ask the Scottish Government whether an independent Scotland would see an increase in funding from the European Union European maritime and fisheries fund and, if so, by how much. (S4O-03507)
- Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 29 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10783, in the name of Dennis Robertson, on the Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill.
- Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 34 speeches
- The next item of business is stage 3 proceedings on the Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill. In dealing with amendments, members should have the bill as amended at stage 2, SP bill 43A; the...
- Independence (European Rural Development Funding) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the level of pillar 2 funding for rural development that an independent Scotland could expect to receive from the European Union....
- Independence (European Funding for Farmers and Crofters) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government what benefit farmers and crofters would have through pillar 1 funding in an independent Scotland. (S4O-03505)
- Ferguson Shipbuilders Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 23 speeches
- The next item of business is a statement by John Swinney on Ferguson’s shipyard. The cabinet secretary will take questions at the end of his statement; there should therefore be no...
- Marine Protected Areas (Impact on Recreational Boating and Tourism) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what impact marine protected areas will have on recreational boating and marine tourism. (S4O-03502)
- Independent Retailers Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 8 speeches, 1 annotation
- The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10420, in the name of Gordon MacDonald, on celebrating the contribution of independent retailers to the Scottish...
- Secretary of State for Scotland (Meetings) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-02247)