Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Alcohol Misuse answered 21 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive what assessment it has made since May 2007 of the incidence and prevalence of alcohol-related brain damage.
- Housing answered 21 March 2011
John Wilson: To ask the Scottish Executive how much Housing Association Grant has been made available to registered social landlords in each year since 2007.
- Renewable Energy answered 18 March 2011
Murdo Fraser: To ask the Scottish Executive which areas of Forestry Commission land in Perth and Kinross are available for wind farm development.
- Enterprise answered 15 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive whether there are any impediments to the Intellectual Asset Centre securing funding from the European Union.
- Health answered 17 March 2011; 1 annotation
Cathy Jamieson: To ask the Scottish Executive how many people have received treatment from injuries sustained from the use of BB guns in each of the last four years, broken down by NHS board.
- Health answered 18 March 2011
Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive what its assessment is of the value of surplus NHS land and buildings.
- Health answered 17 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive how many alcohol-related accident and emergency (A&E) admissions there have been in NHS Lothian in each year since 2008-09, broken down by hospital.
- Enterprise answered 15 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the Intellectual Asset Centre is encouraged to seek funding from appropriate EU funding programmes.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Independence (Food Banks) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 6 speeches, 1 annotation
- 5. To ask the First Minister whether there will be food banks in an independent Scotland. (S4F-02254)
- Rural Schools (Safeguards) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 7 speeches
- 8. To ask the Scottish Government how it will provide safeguards for rural schools. (S4O-03458)
- Ferguson Shipbuilders Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 23 speeches
- The next item of business is a statement by John Swinney on Ferguson’s shipyard. The cabinet secretary will take questions at the end of his statement; there should therefore be no...
- Engagements Thursday, 14 August 2014; 16 speeches
- 1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02249)
- Glasgow the Caring City Thursday, 21 August 2014; 7 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10661, in the name of James Dornan, on celebrating Glasgow the Caring City. The debate will be concluded without any...
- Cashback for Communities (Glasgow) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government how it supports community organisations in the Glasgow region in using funding from the cashback for communities programme and other money seized under proceeds...
- Scotland’s Pollinator Population Thursday, 14 August 2014; 14 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10368, in the name of Angus MacDonald, on Scotland’s pollinator population. The debate will be concluded without...
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 9 speeches
- 7. To ask the Scottish Government whether an independent Scotland would see an increase in funding from the European Union European maritime and fisheries fund and, if so, by how much. (S4O-03507)
- Cabinet (Meetings) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 10 speeches
- 3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-02245)
- Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 34 speeches
- The next item of business is stage 3 proceedings on the Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill. In dealing with amendments, members should have the bill as amended at stage 2, SP bill 43A; the...