Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Medication answered 16 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson (Mid Scotland and Fife) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive what guidance is provided to NHS boards regarding exceptional prescribing arrangements in relation to funding orphan and ultra-orphan medicines not recommended by the Scottish Medicines Consortium.
- NHS Equipment answered 16 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson (Mid Scotland and Fife) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive for what reason the draft clinical standards in NHS Scotland Wheelchair and Seating Services - Clinical Standards Consultation do not refer to recommendation 3 of Moving Forward: Review of NHS Wheelchair and Seating Services in Scotland.
- Antisocial Behaviour answered 21 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the antisocial behaviour framework debate in the Parliament on 16 December 2010 ( Official Report , c. 31759), whether it will provide details of how Edinburgh is benefiting from the Community Wellbeing Champions Initiative.
- Freight answered 21 March 2011
Patrick Harvie: To ask the Scottish Executive, with regard to the invitation to submit notes of interest setting out funding requirements under the 2011-12 Freight Facilities Grant scheme, what the total capital cost of all projects advised by rail and by water is; what the total minimum value of Freight Facilities Grant support indicated as required is; what the total annual value of Mode Shift Revenue Support and Waterborne Freight Grant sought is, and how many projects have submitted notes of interest, broken down by regional transport partnership area.
- Justice answered 16 March 2011
Gavin Brown (Lothians) (Con): To ask the Scottish Executive how many direct measures were issued for (a) assault and (b) assault to injury in October 2010, broken down by sheriff court.
- Agriculture answered 22 March 2011
Tavish Scott: To ask the Scottish Executive on what dates the (a) first and (b) last Less Favourable Area Support Scheme payments to farmers and crofters were issued in (i) 2007, (ii) 2008, (iii) 2009 and (iv) 2010.
- Higher Education Funding answered 16 March 2011
Sarah Boyack (Edinburgh Central) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive what guidance is issued to colleges and universities regarding the provision of childcare for postgraduates.
- Medication answered 21 March 2011
Joe FitzPatrick: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will publish the progress reports of NHS boards that were requested by ministers as part of the process of implementing the CEL 17 (2010) guidance on the introduction of new medicines into NHSScotland.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill (Stakeholders) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 7 speeches, 1 annotation
- 3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with stakeholders about the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill. (S4O-03493)
- Innovation Centres (Economic Impact) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 45 speeches
- We move on to the statement on innovation centres.
- Data Legislation Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what consultation it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the implementation of legislation relating to data laws. (S4O-03496)
- Engagements Thursday, 14 August 2014; 16 speeches
- 1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02249)
- Russian Ban on European Union Food Imports Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what action it will take to help the food and fishing sectors affected by the Russian Government’s recent decision to implement an import ban on European...
- Marine Protected Areas (Impact on Recreational Boating and Tourism) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what impact marine protected areas will have on recreational boating and marine tourism. (S4O-03502)
- Independence (State Pensions) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to reports that an independent Scotland will not be able to support the state pension. (S4F-02251)
- Cashback for Communities (Glasgow) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government how it supports community organisations in the Glasgow region in using funding from the cashback for communities programme and other money seized under proceeds...
- Prime Minister (Meetings) Thursday, 21 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Prime Minister. (S4F-02263)
- Glasgow the Caring City Thursday, 21 August 2014; 7 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10661, in the name of James Dornan, on celebrating Glasgow the Caring City. The debate will be concluded without any...