Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Housing answered 15 March 2011
Mary Mulligan: To ask the Scottish Executive when the Affordable Housing Investment Programme funding allocations to local authorities for 2011-12 will be published.
- Scottish Government Expenditure answered 18 March 2011
Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive how it will deliver cash savings of at least 20% over the next four years in reducing scrutiny and what impact this will have on health and social care scrutiny bodies.
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what the satisfaction levels are of bus passengers in the Moodiesburn area.
- Fisheries answered 16 March 2011; 2 annotations
Robin Harper (Lothians) (Green): To ask the Scottish Executive what the value was of mackerel landed illegally in (a) 2002, (b) 2003, (c) 2004 and (d) 2005.
- NHS Expenditure answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive how much NHS Tayside has been allocated from the Change Fund in its initial revenue resource allocation for 2011-12.
- Environment answered 17 March 2011
Mike Pringle: To ask the Scottish Executive what action it is taking to promote reductions in food miles as part of an environmentally sustainable economy.
- Parliamentary Questions answered 16 March 2011
George Foulkes (Lothians) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive when it will provide a substantive answer to question S3W-38732, which received a holding reply on 25 January 2011.
- Equalities answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will provide examples of policy recommendations from each of its directorates that have been amended as a result of equality impact assessments.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Glasgow the Caring City Thursday, 21 August 2014; 7 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10661, in the name of James Dornan, on celebrating Glasgow the Caring City. The debate will be concluded without any...
- Independence (State Pensions) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to reports that an independent Scotland will not be able to support the state pension. (S4F-02251)
- North Sea Oil Reserves Thursday, 21 August 2014; 10 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to recent reports that the North Sea could hold more than £40 billion worth of unforeseen oil reserves. (S4O-03486)
- Scotland’s Festivals Thursday, 14 August 2014; 33 speeches
- Good afternoon. The first item of business this afternoon is a debate on motion S4M-10784, in the name of Fiona Hyslop, on Scotland’s festivals, festival 2014 and culture 2014.
- Shipbuilding (Lower Clyde) Thursday, 21 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 3. To ask the First Minister how the Scottish Government will ensure the future of shipbuilding on the lower Clyde. (S4F-02267)
- Marine Protected Areas (Impact on Recreational Boating and Tourism) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what impact marine protected areas will have on recreational boating and marine tourism. (S4O-03502)
- Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 34 speeches
- The next item of business is stage 3 proceedings on the Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill. In dealing with amendments, members should have the bill as amended at stage 2, SP bill 43A; the...
- Engagements Thursday, 14 August 2014; 16 speeches
- 1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02249)
- Scotland’s Pollinator Population Thursday, 14 August 2014; 14 speeches, 2 annotations
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10368, in the name of Angus MacDonald, on Scotland’s pollinator population. The debate will be concluded without...
- Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 21 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10822, in the name of John Swinney, on the Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill.