Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- NHS Expenditure answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive what the estimated value is of the efficiency savings that NHS Tayside will be required to make in 2011-12, expressed as a percentage of its revenue allocation.
- Birds answered 18 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive what the estimated breeding success of hen harriers on special protection areas was in (a) 2007, (b) 2008, (c) 2009 and (d) 2010.
- Enterprise answered 15 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive what the status is of the Intellectual Asset Centre.
- Forestry answered 21 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the option of joint investment opportunities to develop the forestry commission estate has been considered.
- Roads answered 18 March 2011
Jamie McGrigor: To ask the Scottish Executive what action it will take to address concerns regarding the conditions of roads in the Highlands and Islands.
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what surveys have been carried out on passenger satisfaction on buses in the Coatbridge and Chryston constituency.
- Health answered 17 March 2011
Elizabeth Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what action it will take following reports that cases of rickets in children and adults have increased since 2006.
- Birds answered 18 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive how many special protection areas are designated wholly or partly with regard to hen harrier interest and whether it will list them.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill (Stakeholders) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 7 speeches, 1 annotation
- 3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with stakeholders about the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill. (S4O-03493)
- Independence (European Funding for Farmers and Crofters) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government what benefit farmers and crofters would have through pillar 1 funding in an independent Scotland. (S4O-03505)
- Cancer Mortality Rates Thursday, 21 August 2014; 5 speeches, 1 annotation
- 6. To ask the First Minister what progress has been made in reducing cancer mortality rates. (S4F-02272)
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 9 speeches
- 7. To ask the Scottish Government whether an independent Scotland would see an increase in funding from the European Union European maritime and fisheries fund and, if so, by how much. (S4O-03507)
- Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 29 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10783, in the name of Dennis Robertson, on the Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill.
- North Sea Oil and Gas Revenues Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 15 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the finding in the report by N-56 that North Sea oil and gas revenues could be six times higher than the Office for Budget...
- Scotland’s Festivals Thursday, 14 August 2014; 33 speeches
- Good afternoon. The first item of business this afternoon is a debate on motion S4M-10784, in the name of Fiona Hyslop, on Scotland’s festivals, festival 2014 and culture 2014.
- Decision Time Thursday, 21 August 2014; 10 speeches
- There are five questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that amendment S4M-10843.1.2, in the name of Ruth Davidson, which seeks to amend amendment...
- Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route Thursday, 14 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 10. To ask the Scottish Government what progress is being made on the construction of the Aberdeen western peripheral route. (S4O-03460)
- Department for International Development Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 32 speeches
- The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-09923, in the name of Margaret McCulloch, on the future of the Department for International Development in Scotland....