Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Justice answered 17 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive how many people have been proceeded against for rape in Tayside in each of the last 10 years and in how many cases the charge was proved.
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what the satisfaction levels are of bus passengers in the Strathclyde area.
- NHS Staff answered 18 March 2011
Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-37313 by Nicola Sturgeon on 17 November 2010, whether there is a continuing need for the National Performance Management Committee if there is no performance-related pay for the next two years.
- Justice answered 17 March 2011
Richard Baker: To ask the Scottish Executive how many reported crimes listed as breach of a sex offender order there were in each police force area in (a) 2009 and (b) 2010.
- Communities answered 21 March 2011
Anne McLaughlin: To ask the Scottish Executive what consideration it gives to the needs of the African and Caribbean communities when developing skills and employment policies and which representatives of those communities it consults.
- Equalities answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive what progress has been made in Scotland since 2007 under each of the articles of the UN Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women.
- Police answered 21 March 2011
Robert Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive what percentage pay rises have been awarded to each grade of senior police officer in Strathclyde Police in each of the last three years and whether further pay rises are proposed.
- Dentistry answered 18 March 2011
Mary Scanlon: To ask the Scottish Executive what the estimated cost to dentists in primary care is of complying with the new measures to decontaminate dental instruments.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Scottish Government Economic Strategy Thursday, 21 August 2014; 5 speeches
- 5. To ask the First Minister how the Scottish Government’s economic strategy will help achieve the aims of its Arbroath “declaration of opportunity”. (S4F-02281)
- North Sea Oil Reserves Thursday, 21 August 2014; 10 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to recent reports that the North Sea could hold more than £40 billion worth of unforeseen oil reserves. (S4O-03486)
- Independence (European Funding for Farmers and Crofters) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government what benefit farmers and crofters would have through pillar 1 funding in an independent Scotland. (S4O-03505)
- Scotland’s Festivals Thursday, 14 August 2014; 33 speeches
- Good afternoon. The first item of business this afternoon is a debate on motion S4M-10784, in the name of Fiona Hyslop, on Scotland’s festivals, festival 2014 and culture 2014.
- Engagements Thursday, 14 August 2014; 16 speeches
- 1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02249)
- Cancer Mortality Rates Thursday, 21 August 2014; 5 speeches, 1 annotation
- 6. To ask the First Minister what progress has been made in reducing cancer mortality rates. (S4F-02272)
- Independence (State Pensions) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to reports that an independent Scotland will not be able to support the state pension. (S4F-02251)
- Independence (National Health Service) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 16 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will make a statement about the consequences for the NHS of a no vote and a yes vote in the referendum. (S4O-03451)
- Russian Ban on European Union Food Imports Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what action it will take to help the food and fishing sectors affected by the Russian Government’s recent decision to implement an import ban on European...
- Data Legislation Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what consultation it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the implementation of legislation relating to data laws. (S4O-03496)