Due to changes made to the official Scottish Parliament website at the start of 2011, our parser that used to fetch their web pages and convert them into more structured information has stopped working. We’re afraid we cannot give a timescale as to when we will be able to cover the Scottish Parliament again. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Transport answered 16 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson (Mid Scotland and Fife) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answers to questions S3W-38040, S3W-38041, S3W-38607 and S3W-39444 by Keith Brown on 15 and 16 December 2010, 3 February and 3 March 2011 respectively, at what point the part of the iterative process for defining the timeline of the transport plan for the 2014 Ryder Cup that will involve infrastructure work at either Gleneagles or Blackford stations and associated roadworks will be (a) available for public comment, (b) concluded and (c) published.
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what the satisfaction levels are of bus passengers in the Strathclyde area.
- Renewable Energy answered 17 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive what funding it provides for research into the environmental effects of offshore renewable energy developments.
- Justice answered 22 March 2011
Richard Baker (North East Scotland) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive how many people were convicted for an offence with a bail aggravator in 2009, broken down by police force area.
- Renewable Energy answered 21 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it is aware of community renewables development scheme that have previously been worked up to the appropriate level for consideration under the provisions of the Forestry Commission Scotland renewables contracts out to tender.
- Procurement answered 17 March 2011
John Scott: To ask the Scottish Executive whether its contracts with milk suppliers require that all supplies must be provided at above the cost of production.
- Antisocial Behaviour answered 21 March 2011
Patrick Harvie: To ask the Scottish Executive how many antisocial behaviour orders have been granted in relation to people (a) under 16, (b) 16-17 and (c) over 18 in each year since 2005, broken down by local authority area.
- Police answered 22 March 2011
Richard Baker (North East Scotland) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive how many whole-time equivalent police support staff were employed in May 2007 and are now employed, broken down by police force area.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- First Minister's Question Time: Pandemic Flu Budget Thursday, 13 January 2011; 6 speeches
- To ask the First Minister whether the Scottish Government will revisit plans to remove £10 million from the Scottish pandemic flu budget in light of concerns expressed regarding the...
- Scottish Executive Question Time — Health and Wellbeing: NHS Lanarkshire (Meetings) Thursday, 13 January 2011; 10 speeches
- To ask the Scottish Executive when it last met representatives of NHS Lanarkshire and what issues were discussed. (S3O-12540)
- First Minister's Question Time: Legal Aid (Court Delays) Thursday, 13 January 2011; 7 speeches
- To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking to deal with court delays caused by legal aid problems. (S3F-2822)
- Presiding Officer's Ruling Thursday, 13 January 2011; 5 speeches
- Before we come to decision time, I would like to make the following brief statement. Further to my ruling this morning on Lord Foulkes's interventions during general questions, I inform the...
- Scottish Executive Question Time — General Questions: Apprenticeships (Financial and Other Assistance) Thursday, 13 January 2011; 5 speeches
- To ask the Scottish Executive what financial and other assistance it has in place for people unable to complete their apprenticeships due to a company entering administration. (S3O-12566)
- Scottish Executive Question Time — General Questions: Teacher Numbers Thursday, 13 January 2011; 6 speeches
- To ask the Scottish Executive how many fewer teachers it expects to be employed in schools during the lifetime of the current Administration. (S3O-12556)
- Proposed School Closures (Argyll) Wednesday, 12 January 2011; 39 speeches
- The next item of business is a 10-minute statement by Michael Russell on proposed school closures in Argyll. The cabinet secretary will take questions at the end of his statement, so there should...
- Scottish Executive Question Time — Health and Wellbeing: Affordable Housing (Argyll and Bute) Thursday, 13 January 2011; 6 speeches
- To ask the Scottish Executive what plans it has to boost affordable housing provision in Argyll and Bute. (S3O-12588)
- Scottish Executive Question Time — Health and Wellbeing: NHS Board Chairmen (Meetings) Thursday, 13 January 2011; 7 speeches
- To ask the Scottish Executive when it last met the chairmen of national health service boards. (S3O-12598)
- Scottish Executive Question Time — General Questions: M8 (Baillieston to Newhouse Upgrade) Thursday, 13 January 2011; 6 speeches
- To ask the Scottish Executive what the planned completion date was for the Baillieston to Newhouse M8 upgrade in May 2007 and what the current estimated completion date is. (S3O-12528)