Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what its position is on the need for the regulation of bus services
- Prison Service answered 17 March 2011
Richard Baker: To ask the Scottish Executive what proportion of prisoners attended the Sex Offender Treatment Programme in 2010, broken down by prison.
- Student Finance answered 16 March 2011
Sarah Boyack (Edinburgh Central) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive what the average level of student debt was among graduates from (a) universities and (b) colleges in (i) Edinburgh and (ii) the Lothians region in each of the last five years, broken down by institution.
- Scottish Government Staff answered 16 March 2011
Jackie Baillie (Dumbarton) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive how many civil servants are employed by its health directorate, broken down by pay scale.
- Child Poverty answered 15 March 2011
Sandra White: To ask the Scottish Executive when it will publish the Child Poverty Strategy for Scotland.
- Parliamentary Questions answered 16 March 2011
George Foulkes (Lothians) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive when it will provide a substantive answer to question S3W-38732, which received a holding reply on 25 January 2011.
- Renewable Energy answered 21 March 2011; 1 annotation
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive what the duration will be of the contracts for the Forestry Commission Scotland renewables contracts announced by the Minister for Environment and Climate Change on 22 February 2011.
- Rail Services answered 17 March 2011
Murdo Fraser: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will outline the planned investment to improve Perth train station.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- North Sea Oil and Gas Revenues Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 15 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the finding in the report by N-56 that North Sea oil and gas revenues could be six times higher than the Office for Budget...
- Scottish Government Economic Strategy Thursday, 21 August 2014; 5 speeches
- 5. To ask the First Minister how the Scottish Government’s economic strategy will help achieve the aims of its Arbroath “declaration of opportunity”. (S4F-02281)
- Increasing Opportunities for Women Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 90 speeches, 2 annotations
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10829, in the name of Angela Constance, on increasing opportunities for women.
- Prime Minister (Meetings) Thursday, 21 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Prime Minister. (S4F-02263)
- Independence (European Rural Development Funding) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the level of pillar 2 funding for rural development that an independent Scotland could expect to receive from the European Union....
- NHS Scotland Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 55 speeches
- The next item of business is a ministerial statement on the future of the national health service.
- Independence (European Funding for Farmers and Crofters) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government what benefit farmers and crofters would have through pillar 1 funding in an independent Scotland. (S4O-03505)
- Ferguson Shipbuilders Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 23 speeches
- The next item of business is a statement by John Swinney on Ferguson’s shipyard. The cabinet secretary will take questions at the end of his statement; there should therefore be no...
- Data Legislation Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what consultation it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the implementation of legislation relating to data laws. (S4O-03496)
- Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 34 speeches
- The next item of business is stage 3 proceedings on the Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill. In dealing with amendments, members should have the bill as amended at stage 2, SP bill 43A; the...