Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Renewable Energy answered 21 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive which communities it expects will benefit from Forestry Commission Scotland’s renewables contracts announced by the Minister for Environment and Climate Change on 22 February 2011.
- Equalities answered 15 March 2011; 1 annotation
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive when it will publish its report to the UK Government for its progress report under the Convention to Eliminate all Forms of Discrimination against Women, which is due in May 2011.
- Child Poverty answered 15 March 2011
Sandra White: To ask the Scottish Executive when it will publish the Child Poverty Strategy for Scotland.
- Health answered 21 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive what grant schemes are in place for the agriculture and fisheries sectors to promote its dietary targets for Scotland.
- Emergency Services answered 16 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson (Mid Scotland and Fife) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive how many accident and emergency units it expects will have consultant doctors available for 24 hours per day by 2015.
- Sport answered 16 March 2011
Rob Gibson (Highlands and Islands) (SNP): To ask the Scottish Executive what support it gives to curling rinks to help ensure their availability.
- Police answered 21 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive by how much the total pay bill for senior police officers in Strathclyde Police has gone up in each of the last three years.
- Birds answered 18 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive what the estimated breeding success of hen harriers on special protection areas was in (a) 2007, (b) 2008, (c) 2009 and (d) 2010.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Decision Time Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 10 speeches
- There are five questions to be put as a result of today’s business. I remind members that, in relation to the debate on increasing opportunities for women, if the amendment in the name of...
- Major Trunk Road Works (Consultation of Cyclists) Thursday, 21 August 2014; 6 speeches, 1 annotation
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what methods of consultation it uses to gauge the views of cyclists regarding major trunk road works. (S4O-03482)
- Cabinet (Meetings) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 10 speeches
- 3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-02245)
- Engagements Thursday, 21 August 2014; 27 speeches
- 1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02266)
- Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route Thursday, 14 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 10. To ask the Scottish Government what progress is being made on the construction of the Aberdeen western peripheral route. (S4O-03460)
- Independence (Food Banks) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 6 speeches, 1 annotation
- 5. To ask the First Minister whether there will be food banks in an independent Scotland. (S4F-02254)
- Shipbuilding (Lower Clyde) Thursday, 21 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 3. To ask the First Minister how the Scottish Government will ensure the future of shipbuilding on the lower Clyde. (S4F-02267)
- Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill (Stakeholders) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 7 speeches, 1 annotation
- 3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with stakeholders about the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill. (S4O-03493)
- Increasing Opportunities for Women Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 90 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10829, in the name of Angela Constance, on increasing opportunities for women.
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 9 speeches
- 7. To ask the Scottish Government whether an independent Scotland would see an increase in funding from the European Union European maritime and fisheries fund and, if so, by how much. (S4O-03507)