Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Alcohol Misuse answered 21 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive what steps the Care Commission has taken to ensure that appropriate care and personal plans are in place for people in care homes, supported accommodation or hostels with alcohol-related brain damage.
- Renewable Energy answered 17 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive what funding it provides for environmental survey work to identify the most appropriate sites for offshore renewable energy developments.
- Alcohol Misuse answered 21 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive what progress has been made since publication of A Fuller Life: Report of the Expert Group on Alcohol Related Brain Damage in ensuring that suitable housing or appropriate residential placements are available to people with alcohol-related brain damage.
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what the satisfaction levels are of bus passengers in the Coatbridge and Chryston constituency.
- Housing answered 21 March 2011
John Wilson: To ask the Scottish Executive what measures it takes to monitor the performance of local authorities in relation to empty homes.
- Scottish Parliament Procurement answered 15 March 2011
John Scott: To ask the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body, further to the answer to question S3W-39203 by Alex Johnstone on 9 February 2011, whether any of the assured farms that supplied it with milk and dairy products in 2010 were paid below (a) 24.36 pence per litre or (b) their production cost.
- Transport answered 17 March 2011
Murdo Fraser: To ask the Scottish Executive how many postbus services have been withdrawn in each of the last five years, broken down by local authority area.
- Justice answered 21 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive how many crimes have been committed in the Lothians region by people released from prison under automatic early release in each year since 2006-07, broken down by type of crime
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Engagements Thursday, 21 August 2014; 27 speeches
- 1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02266)
- Glasgow the Caring City Thursday, 21 August 2014; 7 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10661, in the name of James Dornan, on celebrating Glasgow the Caring City. The debate will be concluded without any...
- Rural Schools (Safeguards) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 7 speeches
- 8. To ask the Scottish Government how it will provide safeguards for rural schools. (S4O-03458)
- Independence (European Funding for Farmers and Crofters) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government what benefit farmers and crofters would have through pillar 1 funding in an independent Scotland. (S4O-03505)
- Increasing Opportunities for Women Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 90 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10829, in the name of Angela Constance, on increasing opportunities for women.
- Secretary of State for Scotland (Meetings) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-02247)
- Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 34 speeches
- The next item of business is stage 3 proceedings on the Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill. In dealing with amendments, members should have the bill as amended at stage 2, SP bill 43A; the...
- Shipbuilding (Lower Clyde) Thursday, 21 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 3. To ask the First Minister how the Scottish Government will ensure the future of shipbuilding on the lower Clyde. (S4F-02267)
- Independent Retailers Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 8 speeches, 1 annotation
- The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10420, in the name of Gordon MacDonald, on celebrating the contribution of independent retailers to the Scottish...
- Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 29 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10783, in the name of Dennis Robertson, on the Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill.