Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Birds answered 18 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the numbers of hen harriers on special protection areas (SPA) is designated if a hen harrier interest is (a) static, (b) increasing or (c) declining and what the trend is for each such SPA.
- Ferry Services answered 18 March 2011
Jamie McGrigor: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will provide an update on efforts to re-establish a ferry service between Campbeltown and Ballycastle.
- Electricity answered 17 March 2011
Murdo Fraser: To ask the Scottish Executive what advice it has taken on the potential undergrounding of the Beauly Denny power line since the Beauly Denny public inquiry closed.
- Transport answered 17 March 2011
Murdo Fraser: To ask the Scottish Executive how many postbus services have been withdrawn in each of the last five years, broken down by local authority area.
- Renewable Energy answered 17 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive what funding it provides for environmental survey work to identify the most appropriate sites for offshore renewable energy developments.
- Health answered 17 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive how many people have been admitted to a hospital as a result of overdosing on methadone in each year since 2008-09, also broken down by (a) NHS board and (b) hospital.
- Alcohol Misuse answered 21 March 2011; 1 annotation
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it has funded research into alcohol-related brain damage in (a) Scotland or (b) different regions of Scotland since the publication of A Fuller Life: Report of the Expert Group on Alcohol Related Brain Damage .
- Bridges answered 16 March 2011
John Farquhar Munro: To ask the Scottish Executive what progress has been made since September 2010 on final design work for the reopening of Conon Bridge railway station.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Independence (State Pensions) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to reports that an independent Scotland will not be able to support the state pension. (S4F-02251)
- Cabinet (Meetings) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 10 speeches
- 3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-02245)
- Secretary of State for Scotland (Meetings) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-02247)
- Independence (Food Banks) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 6 speeches, 1 annotation
- 5. To ask the First Minister whether there will be food banks in an independent Scotland. (S4F-02254)
- North Sea Oil Reserves Thursday, 21 August 2014; 10 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to recent reports that the North Sea could hold more than £40 billion worth of unforeseen oil reserves. (S4O-03486)
- Innovation Centres (Economic Impact) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 45 speeches
- We move on to the statement on innovation centres.
- Currency Union (Discussions) Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 16 speeches
- 3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the Bank of England in relation to a currency union. (S4T-00779)
- Scotland’s Festivals Thursday, 14 August 2014; 33 speeches
- Good afternoon. The first item of business this afternoon is a debate on motion S4M-10784, in the name of Fiona Hyslop, on Scotland’s festivals, festival 2014 and culture 2014.
- Increasing Opportunities for Women Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 90 speeches, 2 annotations
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10829, in the name of Angela Constance, on increasing opportunities for women.
- Marine Protected Areas (Impact on Recreational Boating and Tourism) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what impact marine protected areas will have on recreational boating and marine tourism. (S4O-03502)