Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Employment answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive what proportion of (a) private and (b) public sector jobs have been lost in each local authority area in the last 18 months.
- Pharmacies answered 18 March 2011
Murdo Fraser: To ask the Scottish Executive how it will ensure that patients’ views are taken into account when community pharmacy applications are being considered.
- Regional Selective Assistance answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive how much was offered to firms in Dundee in Regional Selective Assistance in 2009-10.
- NHS Expenditure answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive what the initial revenue resource allocation to NHS Tayside (a) was in 2010-11 and (b) is for 2011-12 and what the percentage increase is.
- Health answered 21 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive what grant schemes are in place for the agriculture and fisheries sectors to promote its dietary targets for Scotland.
- Police answered 21 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive by how much the total pay bill for senior police officers in Strathclyde Police has gone up in each of the last three years.
- Renewable Energy answered 21 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive how much money it expects to raise from the Forestry Commission Scotland renewables contracts announced by the Minister for Environment and Climate Change on 22 February 2011.
- Health answered 17 March 2011
Cathy Jamieson: To ask the Scottish Executive how many people have received treatment from injuries sustained from the use of air weapons in each of the last four years, broken down by NHS board.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Decision Time Wednesday, 4 December 2013; 6 speeches
- There are five questions to be put as a result of today’s business. I remind members that, in relation to today’s debate on housing, if the amendment in the name of Margaret Burgess...
- Women and Work Tuesday, 3 December 2013; 84 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-08462, in the name of Angela Constance, on women and work.
- Red Squirrel (Pox Virus) Wednesday, 4 December 2013; 6 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what research it has conducted on red squirrel resistance to the pox virus. (S4O-02662)
- Helicopter Tragedy in Glasgow Tuesday, 3 December 2013; 10 speeches
- The next item of business is a statement by Alex Salmond on the helicopter tragedy in Glasgow.
- Independent Expert Review of Opioid Replacement Therapies Thursday, 28 November 2013; 46 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-08422, in the name of Roseanna Cunningham, on the independent expert review of opioid replacement therapies in Scotland. I invite members who...
- Decision Time Tuesday, 3 December 2013; 10 speeches
- There are five questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that motion S4M-08462.1, in the name of Kezia Dugdale, which seeks to amend motion S4M-08462, in...
- Wild Fisheries Management (Review) Wednesday, 4 December 2013; 10 speeches
- 8. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the review of wild fisheries management that it announced during the passage of the Aquaculture and Fisheries (Scotland)...
- Social Care Services Thursday, 28 November 2013; 6 speeches
- 4. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government will take to avert the reported pressures on social care budgets undermining care services for older and vulnerable people....
- Exhibitions (Use of Committee Rooms) Thursday, 28 November 2013; 6 speeches
- 3. To ask the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body whether it plans to use committee rooms for exhibitions on a regular basis. (S4O-02656)
- Road Safety (A937 Montrose to Laurencekirk) Thursday, 28 November 2013; 6 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what action it will take to improve safety on the A937 between Montrose and Laurencekirk. (S4O-02647)