Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Transport answered 18 March 2011
Jamie McGrigor: To ask the Scottish Executive how much subsidy has been provided for (a) internal air, (b) external air, (c) internal ferry and (d) external ferry services to each island group in each year since 1999.
- NHS Equipment answered 16 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson (Mid Scotland and Fife) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive for what reason the draft clinical standards in NHS Scotland Wheelchair and Seating Services - Clinical Standards Consultation do not refer to recommendation 3 of Moving Forward: Review of NHS Wheelchair and Seating Services in Scotland.
- Health answered 21 March 2011
Dr Richard Simpson: To ask the Scottish Executive what outcome measures the Food Standards Agency Scotland applies to its strategic objectives of (a) achieving an improvement in the health of the Scottish population and (b) reducing inequalities.
- Enterprise answered 15 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive what impact it considers any reduction in funding from Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise will have on the objectives of the Intellectual Asset Centre in relation to its work on food and drink strategic objectives and protected food names.
- NHS Staff answered 21 March 2011
Kenneth Macintosh: To ask the Scottish Executive what action it is taking to monitor progress toward resolving Agenda for Change cases involving podiatrists.
- Employment answered 15 March 2011
Hugh Henry: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the First Minister’s comments concerning Amazon ( Official Report , c. 33861), what discussion it has had with Scottish Enterprise regarding reports that Amazon sent temporary staff home in the middle of the night without pay because it had no further work for them.
- Rail Services answered 17 March 2011
Trish Godman: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-39548 by Keith Brown on 3 March 2011, on how many occasions ScotRail has been penalised for failing to provide (a) the planned capacity on services and (b) adequate cleanliness on trains and what penalties were imposed, in each of the last five years.
- Fisheries answered 16 March 2011; 2 annotations
Robin Harper (Lothians) (Green): To ask the Scottish Executive what the value was of mackerel landed illegally in (a) 2002, (b) 2003, (c) 2004 and (d) 2005.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Ferguson Shipbuilders Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 23 speeches
- The next item of business is a statement by John Swinney on Ferguson’s shipyard. The cabinet secretary will take questions at the end of his statement; there should therefore be no...
- Cancer Mortality Rates Thursday, 21 August 2014; 5 speeches
- 6. To ask the First Minister what progress has been made in reducing cancer mortality rates. (S4F-02272)
- Scotland’s Pollinator Population Thursday, 14 August 2014; 14 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10368, in the name of Angus MacDonald, on Scotland’s pollinator population. The debate will be concluded without...
- Department for International Development Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 32 speeches
- The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-09923, in the name of Margaret McCulloch, on the future of the Department for International Development in Scotland....
- Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill (Stakeholders) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 7 speeches, 1 annotation
- 3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with stakeholders about the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill. (S4O-03493)
- Independence (Food Banks) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 6 speeches, 1 annotation
- 5. To ask the First Minister whether there will be food banks in an independent Scotland. (S4F-02254)
- Cashback for Communities (Glasgow) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 5. To ask the Scottish Government how it supports community organisations in the Glasgow region in using funding from the cashback for communities programme and other money seized under proceeds...
- NHS Scotland Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 55 speeches
- The next item of business is a ministerial statement on the future of the national health service.
- Independence (State Pensions) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to reports that an independent Scotland will not be able to support the state pension. (S4F-02251)
- Glasgow the Caring City Thursday, 21 August 2014; 7 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10661, in the name of James Dornan, on celebrating Glasgow the Caring City. The debate will be concluded without any...