Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Public Transport answered 17 March 2011
Elaine Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what guidance it gives to bus companies regarding routes.
- Communities answered 21 March 2011
Anne McLaughlin: To ask the Scottish Executive what consideration it gives to the needs of the African and Caribbean communities when developing housing policy and which representatives of those communities it consults.
- Medication answered 21 March 2011
Joe FitzPatrick: To ask the Scottish Executive how many patients are participating in clinical trials, broken down by NHS board.
- Justice answered 17 March 2011
Richard Baker: To ask the Scottish Executive how many reported crimes listed as breach of a sex offender order there were in each police force area in (a) 2009 and (b) 2010.
- NHS Prescriptions answered 15 March 2011
Marlyn Glen: To ask the Scottish Executive (a) how many prescriptions and (b) what average number of prescriptions per person per GP list were dispensed in NHS Tayside in each of the last three years for which information is available.
- Poverty answered 21 March 2011
Anne McLaughlin: To ask the Scottish Executive what consideration it gives to the needs of the Chinese community when developing anti-poverty policy and which representatives of that community it consults.
- Finance answered 18 March 2011
Jamie McGrigor: To ask the Scottish Executive how much local authority grant support funding has been allocated per capita for (a) Orkney, (b) Shetland and (c) the Western Isles in each year since 1999.
- Sectarianism answered 17 March 2011
Richard Baker: To ask the Scottish Executive how many football banning orders have been applied for in respect of (a) sectarianism, (b) racism and (c) other forms of disorder since 2006, broken down by police force.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Scotland’s Festivals Thursday, 14 August 2014; 33 speeches
- Good afternoon. The first item of business this afternoon is a debate on motion S4M-10784, in the name of Fiona Hyslop, on Scotland’s festivals, festival 2014 and culture 2014.
- Scottish Government Economic Strategy Thursday, 21 August 2014; 5 speeches
- 5. To ask the First Minister how the Scottish Government’s economic strategy will help achieve the aims of its Arbroath “declaration of opportunity”. (S4F-02281)
- Ferguson Shipbuilders Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 23 speeches
- The next item of business is a statement by John Swinney on Ferguson’s shipyard. The cabinet secretary will take questions at the end of his statement; there should therefore be no...
- Department for International Development Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 32 speeches
- The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-09923, in the name of Margaret McCulloch, on the future of the Department for International Development in Scotland....
- Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 21 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10822, in the name of John Swinney, on the Revenue Scotland and Tax Powers Bill.
- Independence (European Rural Development Funding) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the level of pillar 2 funding for rural development that an independent Scotland could expect to receive from the European Union....
- North Sea Oil and Gas Revenues Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 15 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the finding in the report by N-56 that North Sea oil and gas revenues could be six times higher than the Office for Budget...
- Currency Union (Discussions) Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 16 speeches
- 3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the Bank of England in relation to a currency union. (S4T-00779)
- Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill (Stakeholders) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 7 speeches, 1 annotation
- 3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with stakeholders about the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill. (S4O-03493)
- Scotland’s Pollinator Population Thursday, 14 August 2014; 14 speeches
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10368, in the name of Angus MacDonald, on Scotland’s pollinator population. The debate will be concluded without...