Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Communities answered 21 March 2011
Anne McLaughlin: To ask the Scottish Executive what consideration it gives to the needs of the African and Caribbean communities when developing health policy and which representatives of those communities it consults.
- Public Transport answered 22 March 2011
Elaine Smith (Coatbridge and Chryston) (Lab): To ask the Scottish Executive what penalties there are for bus companies that fail to satisfy local demand.
- Children and Young People answered 18 March 2011
Robert Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it supports the development of a play and communication strategy.
- Fisheries answered 17 March 2011
Jamie McGrigor: To ask the Scottish Executive what action it will take to encourage an increase in wild salmon numbers in the Lochaber and south Argyll areas.
- Police answered 21 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive by how much the total pay bill for senior police officers in Strathclyde Police has gone up in each of the last three years.
- Scottish Government Staff answered 18 March 2011
Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive how many senior civil servants are employed in its health directorate.
- Dentistry answered 21 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive what percentage of (a) children and (b) adults in the Lothians region has had access to an NHS dentist in each quarter since September 2007.
- Fisheries answered 16 March 2011; 2 annotations
Robin Harper (Lothians) (Green): To ask the Scottish Executive what the value was of mackerel landed illegally in (a) 2002, (b) 2003, (c) 2004 and (d) 2005.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Royston (Regeneration) Tuesday, 24 June 2014; 17 speeches
- The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10109, in the name of Bob Doris, on the regeneration of Royston. The debate will be concluded without any question...
- Football Matches (Alcohol Ban) Thursday, 19 June 2014; 7 speeches
- 6. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to the Supporters Direct Scotland national football survey finding that 62 per cent of respondents were in favour of...
- Homophobic Hate Crimes Thursday, 26 June 2014; 5 speeches
- 8. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking in response to the reported 22 per cent increase in homophobic hate crimes in the last year. (S4O-03398)
- Musical Instrument Tuition in Schools Wednesday, 25 June 2014; 9 speeches
- 10. To ask the Scottish Government what importance it attaches to musical instrument tuition in schools. (S4O-03410)
- City of Edinburgh Council (Portobello Park) Bill: Final Stage Thursday, 26 June 2014; 20 speeches
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10379, in the name of Siobhan McMahon, on the City of Edinburgh Council (Portobello Park) Bill. Given that I allowed the cabinet...
- Local Government Concordat (Waste Collections) Thursday, 19 June 2014; 6 speeches
- 7. To ask the Scottish Government whether it considers that the number of missed bin collections over the last two years is evidence of the failure of its concordat with local government. (S4O-03383)
- Your GP Cares Campaign Thursday, 26 June 2014; 19 speeches, 1 annotation
- The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-10122, in the name of Alison McInnes, on the your GP cares campaign. The debate will be concluded without any question...
- Historic Environment Scotland Bill: Stage 1 Thursday, 19 June 2014; 29 speeches, 1 annotation
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10371, in the name of Fiona Hyslop, on stage 1 of the Historic Environment Scotland Bill.
- Secretary of State for Scotland (Meetings) Thursday, 26 June 2014; 13 speeches
- 2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-02208)
- Buildings (Recovery of Expenses) (Scotland) Bill: Stage 3 Thursday, 19 June 2014; 14 speeches
- The next item of business is stage 3 proceedings on the Buildings (Recovery of Expenses) (Scotland) Bill. In dealing with the amendments, members should have the bill as amended at stage 2, the...