Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
Some recent Scottish Parliament written answers
- Health answered 17 March 2011
Elizabeth Smith: To ask the Scottish Executive what action it will take following reports that cases of rickets in children and adults have increased since 2006.
- Communities answered 21 March 2011
Anne McLaughlin: To ask the Scottish Executive what consideration it gives to the needs of the African and Caribbean communities when developing housing policy and which representatives of those communities it consults.
- Police answered 21 March 2011
Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Executive by how much the total pay bill for senior police officers in Strathclyde Police has gone up in each of the last three years.
- Renewable Energy answered 17 March 2011
Sarah Boyack: To ask the Scottish Executive what funding it provides for environmental survey work to identify the most appropriate sites for offshore renewable energy developments.
- Road Accidents answered 17 March 2011
Murdo Fraser: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-33199 by Stewart Stevenson on 12 May 2010, which roads have had the highest number of (a) accidents and (b) fatalities in each of the last five years.
- Prison Service answered 17 March 2011
Richard Baker: To ask the Scottish Executive what proportion of prisoners (a) was assessed as having an alcohol addiction and (b) received support for this in prison in 2010, broken down by prison.
- Enterprise answered 15 March 2011
Peter Peacock: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will replace the withdrawn programmes run by the Intellectual Assets Centre that ran in conjunction with the local authorities’ Supplier Developer Programme.
- Justice answered 17 March 2011
Richard Baker: To ask the Scottish Executive how many reported crimes listed as breach of a sex offender order there were in each police force area in (a) 2009 and (b) 2010.
What is the Scottish Parliament?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.
Recent Scottish Parliament debates
- Engagements Thursday, 21 August 2014; 27 speeches
- 1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02266)
- Independence (State Pensions) Thursday, 14 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to reports that an independent Scotland will not be able to support the state pension. (S4F-02251)
- North Sea Oil Reserves Thursday, 21 August 2014; 10 speeches
- 6. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to recent reports that the North Sea could hold more than £40 billion worth of unforeseen oil reserves. (S4O-03486)
- Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill: Stage 3 Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 29 speeches, 1 annotation
- The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-10783, in the name of Dennis Robertson, on the Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges (Scotland) Bill.
- Decision Time Thursday, 21 August 2014; 10 speeches
- There are five questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that amendment S4M-10843.1.2, in the name of Ruth Davidson, which seeks to amend amendment...
- North Sea Oil and Gas Revenues Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 15 speeches
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the finding in the report by N-56 that North Sea oil and gas revenues could be six times higher than the Office for Budget...
- Independence (European Rural Development Funding) Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 6 speeches, 1 annotation
- 1. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the level of pillar 2 funding for rural development that an independent Scotland could expect to receive from the European Union....
- Russian Ban on European Union Food Imports Tuesday, 19 August 2014; 8 speeches
- 2. To ask the Scottish Government what action it will take to help the food and fishing sectors affected by the Russian Government’s recent decision to implement an import ban on European...
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Wednesday, 20 August 2014; 9 speeches, 4 annotations
- 7. To ask the Scottish Government whether an independent Scotland would see an increase in funding from the European Union European maritime and fisheries fund and, if so, by how much. (S4O-03507)
- Scottish Government Economic Strategy Thursday, 21 August 2014; 5 speeches
- 5. To ask the First Minister how the Scottish Government’s economic strategy will help achieve the aims of its Arbroath “declaration of opportunity”. (S4F-02281)