This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Viscount Ullswater’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Viscount Ullswater. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 1 April 2003
- Send a message to Viscount Ullswater (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Viscount Ullswater voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Care Bill [HL]: Committee (1st Day) (4 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, I must advise your Lordships that if this amendment is agreed, I will not be able to call Amendments 2 and 3 because of pre-emption.”
- Horsemeat and Food Fraud — Statement (11 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, under European Commission Regulation 504/2008, a vet must record in a horse passport all treatments with veterinary medicinal products, which determines whether a horse can enter the food chain. Are Her Majesty's Government satisfied that this part of the regulation is being adhered to? The occupier of a slaughterhouse must hand the passport of a slaughtered horse to the vets at the...”
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL]: Report (3rd Day) (10 Dec 2012)
“Before I call the next amendment, I wish to announce that in the Division on Amendment 113C, there voted Not Content 55, not 54 as announced. Schedule 16 : Super-affirmative procedure Amendment 113G Moved by Lord Ramsbotham 113G: Schedule 16, page 250, line 34, leave out from beginning to end of line 19 on page 251”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 54.11% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 0 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Ullswater’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)