This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Viscount Slim’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Viscount Slim. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1970
- Send a message to Viscount Slim (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Viscount Slim voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Armed Forces: Army Basing Plan — Statement (5 Mar 2013)
“The Minister made mention of training areas. To train an army properly with its ground-air support, great dedication must be given to the hours of darkness and night training. This always causes consternation among local government, various bodies and nearby inhabitants. What are the Government doing to ensure that night training is not sanctioned in any way in its most modern form today so...”
- Afghanistan — Statement (19 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I would first like to thank the noble Lord for his great kindness in keeping your Lordships appraised of matters of defence and the meetings that he has within the MoD. This is a new development and it is much appreciated by everybody in your Lordships' House. I would like now to come down on to the ground and talk for two seconds or so about this land line. In a withdrawal, people...”
- Armed Forces: Long-Term Care — Question (19 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, the noble Lord is aware that a number of wounded and sick servicemen have fallen out of the net and live rough in our cities. The coalition Government have decided to remove, and make redundant any minute now, some 25,000 servicemen. The numbers who will fall out of the net will increase. What is required is a national plan to bring these people back into the fold, involving the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 32.25% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Slim’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 51 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)