This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Viscount Simon’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Viscount Simon. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1993
- Send a message to Viscount Simon (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Viscount Simon voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Queen's Speech — Debate (3rd Day) (13 May 2013)
“My Lords, we have heard noble Lords give interesting speeches on business and the economy. This reminds me that I never know on which days to speak, because I will not be talking about these matters. I intend to address various matters of concern to road safety experts and the police and on road policing. There was a programme on BBC Three recently called "Barely Legal Drivers" where, at the...”
- Driving: Blood Alcohol Limit — Question (12 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, if the noble Earl is saying that 80 milligrams is the correct level for us, what about Scotland and Wales? Presumably they will decrease their level to 50 milligrams.”
- Electoral Registration and Administration Bill — Committee (1st Day) (Continued) (29 Oct 2012)
“Has the noble Lord moved the amendment yet?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 91.88% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Simon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 106 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)