This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Viscount Falkland’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Viscount Falkland. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1984
- Send a message to Viscount Falkland (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Viscount Falkland voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
- NHS: Diabetic Services — Motion to Take Note (29 Nov 2012)
“My Lords, I, too, am very grateful to the noble Lord, Lord Harrison, for this debate. Particularly after the long discussions that we had about the House of Lords and its future, this debate so far has shown how it combines expertise, such as my noble friend Lord Kakkar's expertise as a doctor, experience, such as those of us who are here as diabetics, and those like the noble Lord, Lord...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: House of Lords: Appointments Commission (28 Feb 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government for how long papers relating to the consideration of names before the House of Lords Appointments Commission are kept; and whether they ultimately form part of the National Archives.”
- Olympic Games 2012: Courier Industry — Question (28 Jun 2011)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what arrangements they are considering to allow the courier industry to operate as normally as possible during the traffic arrangements for the 2012 Olympics.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 54.83% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Falkland’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 145 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)