This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Viscount Eccles’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Viscount Eccles. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 4 April 2005
- Send a message to Viscount Eccles (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Viscount Eccles voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Adoption: Adoption Legislation Committee Reports — Motion to Take Note (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, it is a great privilege to come immediately after our splendid chairman. Age before beauty, of course, as one of the lonely men on the committee, my goodness, it was a pleasure to serve under our chairman and to have such a riveting and exciting time studying a very difficult subject. I will not follow in any detailed way what has been done, what the law is and what is now proposed....”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, having worked in international development for the best working years of my life, I can only admire the admirable simplicity of the approach of the noble and right reverend Lord, Lord Eames, to this subject. However, as I will demonstrate, I do not think that compassion is enough. I also regret that the noble Lord, Lord Cameron of Dillington, is not in his place. I worked for an...”
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill: Commons Amendments (13 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, Members of the House who are present will not be surprised to hear that I regret these amendments made at the other end of the Corridor. I will be brief. I am speaking as the only member of Her Majesty's opposition. There is always cause for pausing to think about legislation per se, but when all three Front Benches agree, we can be pretty certain that they have not really thought...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.42% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Eccles’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 186 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)