This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Viscount Brookeborough’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Viscount Brookeborough. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1987
- Send a message to Viscount Brookeborough (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Viscount Brookeborough voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill — Report (1st Day) (29 Jun 2011)
“My Lords, I support the amendment, or at least the basis of it. My experience is from the Northern Ireland Policing Board-which is, incidentally, perhaps the last such board, but also the one which has been modernised most recently, and in difficult circumstances. It was required to cover all the aspects that we are talking about in that it had to be workable. As for having non-executive...”
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill: Committee (2nd Day)(Continued) (18 May 2011)
“My Lords, I add one point about the fear of crime, which is an extraordinary thing. As has just been said, it is not always related to the level of crime. The fear of crime has become much more widely recognised recently. However, even though it is more widely recognised, it has also undoubtedly increased. Not enough research is carried out into the fear of crime, its origins and who it...”
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill — Committee (2nd Day): Moved by Lord Strathclyde (18 May 2011)
“My Lords, I support the amendments, which take us in the right direction. I do not mind whether the commissioner, or the head of a commission or a panel, is elected or otherwise: coming from Northern Ireland, I have no right to that view. However, from my experience with the police there, it is clear that an individual cannot do the job without the backing of a committee, panel or commission,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 16.75% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Brookeborough’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)