This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Viscount Astor’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Viscount Astor. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1966
- Send a message to Viscount Astor (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Viscount Astor voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Previous Business – Lords: Grand Committee (21 May 2013)
“Alternative routes for HS2 and compensation terms for those affected – Viscount Astor.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Railways: Network Rail (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether Network Rail borrowing is considered to be government debt.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Railways: High Speed 2 (16 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their forecast of the total borrowing of Network Rail on completion of HS2 from (1) London to Birmingham, and (2) the extension to Leeds and Manchester.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 25.27% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Astor’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 311 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)