This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Marquess of Salisbury’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Marquess of Salisbury
- Also represented
We’re missing a photo of the Marquess of Salisbury. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1992
- Send a message to the Marquess of Salisbury (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Marquess of Salisbury voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: EU Food Imports: Monitoring (10 May 2001)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether the other members of the European Union have adequate monitoring standards for food imports entering the European Union but destined for the United Kingdom.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Food Imports by Travellers: Control (8 May 2001)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: What measures they propose to prevent the import of food products for personal consumption.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Meat and Meat Products: Import Monitoring (2 May 2001)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: Which body is, or bodies are, responsible for monitoring imports of meat and meat products into the United Kingdom.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Marquess of Salisbury’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 72 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)