This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Young of Norwood Green’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Young of Norwood Green
We’re missing a photo of Lord Young of Norwood Green. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 7 September 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: Senior Deputy General Secretary, Communication Workers' Union. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Young of Norwood Green (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Young of Norwood Green voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- UK Clothing Sector: Safety — Question (13 May 2013)
“My Lords, does the Minister agree that if the owner of that company had listened to the concerns of the workers who complained the day before about cracks in the building then this tragedy could possibly have been averted? That stresses the importance of having independent trade unions, independent health and safety committees and workers committees in these factories if we are to ensure a...”
- Ethical and Sustainable Fashion — Question for Short Debate (19 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, with that fresh in my mind I will endeavour to proceed without hesitation, repetition or deviation, as they say. If every Member in the Chamber could examine the labels in their clothing, it would reveal the global nature of high-street supply chains. I am not suggesting we do it as it might cause embarrassment for some. However, I checked my jacket-not that I pretend to be anything...”
- Apprenticeships — Statement (14 Mar 2013)
“We did not find that to be a problem. That was said to me when I was a Minister, yet we challenged it and were able to bring about those apprenticeships. I am just asking the Minister not to accept that. We have never called for a set number of apprenticeships, although there are various formulae. I find what the Minister says regarding apprenticeships being part of a public procurement...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 64.53% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Young of Norwood Green’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 472 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)