This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Young of Graffham’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Young of Graffham
We’re missing a photo of Lord Young of Graffham. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1984
- Send a message to Lord Young of Graffham (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Young of Graffham voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Death of a Member: Baroness Thatcher — Tributes (10 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, it is a great privilege to be able to pay tribute to the memory of Baroness Thatcher. I was her creation. The noble Lord, Lord Tebbit, put me in the Manpower Services Commission; she invited me into Cabinet. For five years, I had the privilege of working closely with her. I do not want to talk about those. Much has been said about the trials and tribulations of what happened over...”
- Multiculturalism: Interfaith Dialogue — Question for Short Debate (8 Sep 2011)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Lord, Lord Mitchell, for bringing forward this debate today and I declare an interest as a trustee of Coexistence Trust. I pay tribute to the work and the way in which he has transformed the trust over the past few years. There are three monotheistic faiths. All have the Bible in common, all believe in the same creator, yet so many have suffered down the centuries...”
- Health and Safety: Common Sense Common Safety: Debate (25 Nov 2010)
“My Lords, I am grateful to the House for this contribution to discussion on health and safety. I will not detain your Lordships much longer, but I would like to say just three things and to make one general observation. I am very grateful to the noble Lord, Lord Rooker, not only for his thorough endorsement of my report, but for the way in which we have worked together with his organisation....”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 2.40% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Young of Graffham’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 4 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)