This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Wright of Richmond’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Wright of Richmond
- Became a Lord in 1994
- Send a message to Lord Wright of Richmond (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Wright of Richmond voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Syria — Statement (20 May 2013)
“My Lords, I will address the first of the questions put by the noble Lord, Lord Wood, and I will be as brief as possible. Has the Minister read a very pertinent article in the latest issue of the Spectator, by my former colleague, Sir Andrew Green? He is probably better known to your Lordships as head of Migration Watch, but in this case he is speaking as a former ambassador to Syria, like...”
- Syria: Refugees — Question (26 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, does the Minister accept that providing lethal weapons, as the Government appear to want, to the deeply divided Syrian opposition can only exacerbate the civil war in Syria and lead to a further deterioration of the appalling humanitarian crisis which is affecting both Syria and her neighbours?”
- Syria — Question (6 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I hope that I may be permitted to ask a few of the many questions which I would have tried to ask if the Foreign Secretary's Statement had been repeated in this House today. First, does the Minister accept that even the supply of non-lethal assistance to the so-called Opposition represents a dangerous escalation of our involvement in what is now, and has been for a long time,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 9.03% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Wright of Richmond’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 91 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)