This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Williams of Elvel’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Williams of Elvel
We’re missing a photo of Lord Williams of Elvel. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1985
- Send a message to Lord Williams of Elvel (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Williams of Elvel voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (24 Jun 2013)
“Proportion of the national debt currently held by the Bank of England – Lord Williams of Elvel.”
- European Defence Agency — Question (23 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, are the Government seriously considering withdrawal from the EDA? Is that one of the options under review?”
- Defence Equipment and Support — Statement (17 Jul 2012)
“The Minister said that he wants to consult as widely as possible. What form will that consultation take? We have had a Statement and a number of questions to which there are, apparently, no answers because the Minister says he has not been briefed. Will there be a Green Paper? Will there be a debate? What are the answers? It is a sad day in this House when we have a Minister saying, "I am...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.74% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Williams of Elvel’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)