This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord West of Spithead’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord West of Spithead
- Became a Lord on 9 July 2007
- Send a message to Lord West of Spithead (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord West of Spithead voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Syria — Statement (20 May 2013)
“My Lords, my question relates to the chemical arsenal held within Syria. As a military man, I find it very strange that the Syrian Government should use chemical weapons in a piecemeal way. Therefore, attribution is crucial in assessing who is using them. As a military man, although I think that the use of them is reprehensible and that it is a pretty odious regime, if you wanted to use them,...”
- Transport: Bus Services — Question (20 May 2013)
“My Lords, the noble Earl may be aware that there is a very limited bus service down to the Point in Portsmouth. This is important because today HMS "Ark Royal" is being towed away to be scrapped. Is the Minister willing to convey the thanks of the House for her 25 years' amazing service to this nation?”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords: “It is upon the navy under the good Providence of God that the safety, honour and welfare of this realm do chiefly depend”. Thus ran the preamble to the Articles of War, written more than 300 years ago. There is no doubt that naval dominance of European waters was the longest, most complex and expensive project ever undertaken by British state society. As a result a...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 59.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 29 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 32 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord West of Spithead’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 644 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)