This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Wei’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Wei. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 3 June 2010
- Send a message to Lord Wei (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Wei voted on key issues:
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Visas: Student Visa Policy — Motion to Take Note (31 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I, too, am grateful to the noble Lord, Lord MacGregor, for tabling the debate. I declare an interest as someone who often works with universities, particularly east Asian student communities, organisations and bodies. When our country is in desperate need of growth, the question of how we treat visitors to it is of utmost importance. As the son of a Chinese immigrant, I support...”
- Older People: Their Place and Contribution in Society — Motion to Take Note (14 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I too wish to thank the most reverend Primate the Archbishop of Canterbury for this debate and join my fellow Peers in paying tribute to his work over the years-particularly to his compassion, eloquence, and dignity in the face of great challenges. We wish the most reverend Primate well in this next exciting stage in his life and pray it will be one full of peace, fruitfulness and...”
- Minority Ethnic and Religious Communities: Cultural and Economic Contribution — Motion to Take Note (24 May 2012)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Lord, Lord Bilimoria, for tabling this timely debate and for his truly enlightening speech. It is a testament to the value of this House that so many Peers are able to represent and speak on behalf of different minority interests here today, a strength I fear the current proposals for Lords reform may eradicate forever if carried out without very careful...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 73.99% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 36 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Wei’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)