This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Watson of Richmond’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Watson of Richmond
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Watson of Richmond. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Lord Watson of Richmond (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Watson of Richmond voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Education: English Baccalaureate Certificate — Question for Short Debate (14 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I am grateful for the opportunity to speak briefly in the gap. I declare two interests as vice-president of the English Speaking Union and as High Steward of Cambridge University. I urge the Government to avoid the mistake made in 2004 when language was removed as a compulsory subject. We know the consequence of that, although I remember sitting in debates in this House when we were...”
- Equality: EC Policies on Women on Corporate Boards — Question (17 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, does the noble Baroness not agree that public opinion plays a very important role in this and that the battle has to be won with public opinion? After all, what is the chance of recovery from recession unless women play a more important leadership role in our top companies?”
- Royal Parks and Other Open Spaces (Amendment) etc. Regulations 2010 — Motion to Resolve (10 Mar 2010)
“My Lords, I start by declaring two interests. First, I have been a resident of Richmond for 45 years and have gained tremendous pleasure from Richmond Park as has my family as they grew up. I know Richmond Park much better than Bushy Park, but for those who have not visited Richmond Park it is an astonishing place and a discovery. It is an extraordinary space in the heart of Greater London. I...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 26.29% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Watson of Richmond’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)