This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Watson of Invergowrie’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Watson of Invergowrie
We’re missing a photo of Lord Watson of Invergowrie. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Watson of Invergowrie (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Watson of Invergowrie voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Taxation: Evasion and Avoidance — Motion to Take Note (6 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, I, too, congratulate my noble friend Lord Foulkes, who is my friend, on achieving this important debate. It is a matter of some regret that only one Back-Bench Member from the coalition parties felt that they had anything useful to say on the subject. Perhaps that tells its own story. Between 1999 and 2011, British companies’ profits increased by 58% but revenues from...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Employment: Jobcentre Plus (22 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government how many Jobcentre Plus offices prior to March 2013 operated targets and league tables relating to the extent to which their staff sanction jobseekers.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Employment: Jobcentre Plus (10 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government how many Jobcentre Plus offices currently operate targets and league tables relating to the extent to which their staff sanction jobseekers.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.09% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Watson of Invergowrie’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)