This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Wade of Chorlton’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Wade of Chorlton
We’re missing a photo of Lord Wade of Chorlton. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1990
- Send a message to Lord Wade of Chorlton (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Wade of Chorlton voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Olympic Games: British Companies — Question (22 May 2012)
“My Lords, if one of the benefits of the Olympic Games is to encourage people to get more involved in sport, why not keep the site open next year and have an industrial exhibition to encourage people to be wealth creators?”
- Localism Bill — Committee (2nd Day) (23 Jun 2011)
“My Lords, listening to this discussion, I am prompted to remind the House that in 1994 the then Conservative Government established an ad hoc Select Committee of the House of Lords to reveal the relationship between central and local government. I was privileged to be a member of that committee. We took a great deal of evidence at the time from local authorities, government officials and...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Health: Zoonoses (26 Apr 2011)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to monitor, detect and control zoonoses in the future.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 28.59% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Wade of Chorlton’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 20 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)