This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Vinson’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Became a Lord in 1985
- Send a message to Lord Vinson (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Vinson voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
- Energy Bill — Second Reading (18 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, the noble Lord, Lord Stern of Brentford, has failed to mention the cost of energy to British industry. Is that not a vital and essential part of maintaining jobs and our competitiveness, and helping us correct the huge export-import imbalance that we have at the moment? He has not mentioned anywhere the cost to industry. Is that not a fact that should come into his and his...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Criminal Records Bureau (18 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the answer by Lord Henley on 21 March 2012 (HL Deb, cols 913–4), how many checks have been carried out each month by the Criminal Records Bureau or its successor since changes to the system were introduced by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012; and whether those figures are in line with their forecast that numbers would fall by 50 per cent.”
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill — Second Reading (2nd Day) (4 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, when the history of our times comes to be written, this debate will be a good example of the seismic shift in social customs that can happen over such a short period as a generation, albeit in this case accelerated by the European Convention on Human Rights. Much has been said already, which I would not wish to repeat, but with gay marriage the coalition proposes to alter...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 17.49% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Vinson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)