This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Tomlinson’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Tomlinson. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Lord Tomlinson (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Tomlinson voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Housing Benefit — Question (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, the Minister said very clearly that he was monitoring the situation carefully and keeping a close eye on what is happening. Will he tell us how many people have to commit suicide before he recognises that the policy is wrong?”
- NHS: 111 Telephone Service — Question (13 May 2013)
“Does the Minister accept that Sir Bruce looking at these questions is not necessarily a comfort? Sir Bruce looked at accident and emergency services in south London but, based on what the Minister has said today about the pressure on accident and emergency services, Sir Bruce came to the wrong conclusion about Lewisham accident and emergency.”
- UK: Poverty — Question (25 Mar 2013)
“Does the Minister agree that the subject about which we hear so little these days, the big society, was supposed to have helped to eradicate the problems of poverty?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 63.87% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Tomlinson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 205 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)