This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Temple-Morris’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Also represented Leominster
- Changed party from Independent Conservative on 20 Jun 1998; from Conservative on 21 Nov 1997
We’re missing a photo of Lord Temple-Morris. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered the House of Lords on 3 July 2001
- Previously MP for Leominster until 14 May 2001 — General election
- Positions held at time of appointment: Member of Parliament for Leominster, 1974-2001. PPS to Minister of Transport, 1979. Member: Select Committee on Agriculture, 1982-83; on Foreign Affairs, 1987-90. (from Number 10 press release)
- Entered Parliament on 28 February 1974 — General election
- Send a message to Lord Temple-Morris (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Temple-Morris voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Exports and Imports: Netherlands (13 Feb 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what was the total value of imports from and exports to the Netherlands in the last full year; what is their estimate of the value of foreign direct investment in the United Kingdom from Netherlands-domiciled companies; what is the estimated workforce of United Kingdom entities owned by Netherlands companies; and what is the estimated direct investment in the...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Exports (7 Nov 2011)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what proportion of the United Kingdom's exports have a final destination within the European Union; and what proportion is transhipped to other destinations through European Union ports.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Gross Domestic Product (1 Nov 2011)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what proportion of gross domestic product depends on (a) visible, and (b) invisible trade, with the European Union.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 63.48% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Temple-Morris’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 8 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)