This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Taylor of Blackburn’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Taylor of Blackburn
We’re missing a photo of Lord Taylor of Blackburn. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1978
- Send a message to Lord Taylor of Blackburn (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Taylor of Blackburn voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- National Lottery — Question (18 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, does the noble Viscount agree that, in answering the noble Lord, Lord Naseby, he was stretching it a bit too far by saying that the Treasury was a good cause?”
- Energy: Shale Gas — Question (17 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, can the Minister tell us whether the Government have any idea when shale gas will be viable or not?”
- Environment: Leafleting — Question (9 Jul 2012)
“I am delighted to be able to join in the noble Lord's congratulations to Andy Murray. I was in the air during this particular tournament on the way back from a ministerial conference-”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 57.23% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 13 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Taylor of Blackburn’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 16 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)