This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Stone of Blackheath’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Stone of Blackheath
We’re missing a photo of Lord Stone of Blackheath. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Stone of Blackheath (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Stone of Blackheath voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Ethical and Sustainable Fashion — Question for Short Debate (19 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, perhaps because of our society's destructive obsession with speed and short-termism, fashion is often neither ethical nor sustainable. In many fields we fail to consider the long-term effects of what we do: in politics, it is the next term's votes; in the media, it is weekly ratings; in business, it is tomorrow's share prices; and in fashion, consumers want today's new look. At...”
- Israel and Palestine — Question for Short Debate (7 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, elected leaders everywhere are politically limited. Consequently, they refrain from taking brave initiatives and yes, it is the role of responsible civil societies to engage with like-minded people across the region-to present new ideas, to develop worthwhile collaborative projects, to educate and together create hope for the next generation. I want to use my time by listing briefly...”
- Health: Neglected Tropical Diseases — Question for Short Debate (30 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, my involvement in this area has come about from chairing DIPEx, an online health charity. We publish videos and audio interviews conducted over 10 years of qualitative research into people's personal experiences of illness by a brilliant team of academics at Green Templeton College, Oxford. Our website, healthtalkonline, was featured last week in the Times as number two in the top...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 60.26% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 16 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Stone of Blackheath’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 20 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)