This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Stoddart of Swindon
Independent Labour Peer
- Became a Lord in 1983
- Send a message to Lord Stoddart of Swindon (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Stoddart of Swindon voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Banking: Bonuses (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Deighton on 10 April (WA 265) on the use of Article 53(1) of the Lisbon Treaty for the Capital Requirements Directive IV, when they plan to complete their assessment of whether Article 53(1) was a proper legal basis for the introduction of controls on bankers’ bonuses.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Legislation (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel will include taxation law in its review of complexity in legislation.”
- Syria — Statement (20 May 2013)
“I shall be brief because I do not want to repeat the questions that have already been asked, particularly by the noble Lord, Lord Wood, who was perhaps moving a little away from the "me too-ism" that we have had from the Opposition in the past. Is there any movement on the part of this Government and the United States Government in relation to the position of Assad? As long as we and the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 141 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 55.75% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 17 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 433 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)