This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Stirrup’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Stirrup. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 1 February 2011
- Send a message to Lord Stirrup (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Stirrup voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, the gracious Speech last week set out the Government’s intent to prevent conflict and reduce terrorism. These are ambitious aims to encapsulate in such a few words, especially given the kind of international turmoil that we currently see in so many parts of the world. So how are they to be achieved? The conflict in Syria steals most of the headlines these days, and not without...”
- Afghanistan: Interpreters — Question (27 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, good interpreters are crucial in a wide range of the operations that the UK Government seek to undertake. Does the Minister agree that we will find it increasingly hard to obtain the services of such interpreters if we are perceived to be discarding them when they are no longer needed? Doing the right thing too slowly can foster that perception. The Government’s current...”
- Mali — Statement (29 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, the Government, like their predecessor, have seen the key response to the risks posed by ungoverned spaces to be an increase in the levels and quality of governance in those spaces. Given the French Defence Minister's reported statement that the aim is total reconquest of that divided country, can the Minister tell the House what structure and system of governance the military...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 39.50% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Stirrup’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 15 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)