This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Stewartby’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Stewartby. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1992
- Send a message to Lord Stewartby (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Stewartby voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill — Commons Amendments (24 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I shall be very brief, but there is one point on which I should like confirmation from the Minister when he sums up. The provisions that have been introduced into this statute refer to all sorts of guidance and recommendations. They do not include the valuation of shares, yet quite a lot of the discussion has taken place as though they do. An opportunity to correct that would be helpful.”
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill: Report (3rd Day) (20 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I will not follow in detail what my noble friend Lord Flight said in his excellent introduction to this debate, because he said most of what I would like to say, but much more eloquently than I could. What comes out of this debate, despite the various points that have not yet been cleared up, is that this is a voluntary activity. Employee shareholders would come about only if the...”
- Public Service Pensions Bill: Committee (3rd Day) (21 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I support my noble friend, who has explained this technical area very skilfully. Like him, I have to declare an interest as a member of the parliamentary fund and I was a trustee for several years. The great advantage of that is that one does not come to the details of this sort of provision completely unsighted. However, it is a very complicated Bill. As the noble Lord, Lord...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 50.71% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Stewartby’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)