This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Stevens of Ludgate’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Stevens of Ludgate
We’re missing a photo of Lord Stevens of Ludgate. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1987
- Send a message to Lord Stevens of Ludgate (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Stevens of Ludgate voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Leveson Inquiry — Motion to Take Note (11 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I am deeply sorry to hear of the experience with the press of the noble Baroness, Lady Hollins, and I apologise on behalf of the press, of which I used to be a member. I should perhaps disclose that I was chairman for nearly 20 years, until 1999, of United Newspapers, which subsequently became United News & Media. When I became chairman, the company owned many of the regional...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Economy: Debt (3 Jul 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have considered cancelling the Government debt held by the Bank of England; and if so, what is their assessment of what the consequences would be.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: UN: Rio+20 (3 Jul 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their estimate of the cost of the UK delegation to the Rio+20 UN conference on sustainable development; and how this compares with the cost of the delegation to the previous conference in Helsinki held in May 2011.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 12.01% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Stevens of Ludgate’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 17 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)