This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Sterling of Plaistow’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Sterling of Plaistow
We’re missing a photo of Lord Sterling of Plaistow. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1991
- Send a message to Lord Sterling of Plaistow (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Sterling of Plaistow voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Welfare: Personal Independence Payment — Question (24 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I declare my interest as chairman of Motability, which I co-founded in 1977 with the late Lord Goodman. Today, we have more than 620,000 vehicles on the road, which is probably the largest fleet of its type in the world. I fully support the principle that the welfare state should help those most in need, and government are actively implementing that principle, but we must appreciate...”
- Strategic Defence and Security Review — Motion to Take Note (12 Nov 2010)
“My Lords, I am delighted that my noble friend the Minister has invited his military advisers to appear in uniform in our House. I have long advocated that the more the public see the Armed Forces in uniform the better. I think that Sir Neil Thorne's splendid Armed Forces parliamentary scheme over some 20 years has led to a greatly enhanced understanding of the role of our Armed Forces in both...”
- Afghanistan — Statement (7 Jul 2010)
“My Lords, from a British perspective progress in Afghanistan is often measured through the lens of Helmand. Will the Minister give us a view as to whether he considers that this is a fair reflection of the security situation across the whole of the country?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 5.26% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 13 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Sterling of Plaistow’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 4 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)